Robert Scoble says "Apple has slipped", so he's switching to Android
0. phoneArena posted on 19 Feb 2013, 09:57
Robert Scoble holds a lot of sway in the tech world. There's a reason why Scoble can take over any social network you follow him on, if you don't properly sequester his posts: because people listen to and trust his opinions. While some consider Google+ a "ghost town" (because they don't understand the service), Scoble has amassed over 3 million followers. What he says holds weight, and Scoble is now saying that "Apple has slipped", so he's switching to Android...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Sniggly posted on 19 Feb 2013, 10:05 36 2
This is huge news. Scoble has been an ardent Apple fanboy for a long time.
21. htc_prep posted on 19 Feb 2013, 10:39 11 1
he just planted a seed of doubt in the eyes of Apple users everywhere (although i doubt those were his intentions). not that there is a better option but other options than Apple. so the huge news is more of a trickle down effect. people (nerds an ceos) will begin to look at other platforms as they see that IOS isn't a one stop shop. then as the wow factor fades so will general population consensus of the ecosystem and they will look for the next trend. its not going to be an over night Pied Piper procession, but the mindset of a Utopian OS is beginning to wane.
30. rusticguy posted on 19 Feb 2013, 12:09 4 0
You need eyes to see and brain to interpret the signal .... BRA-inwashed cannot see ... :D
2. SIGPRO posted on 19 Feb 2013, 10:06 17 10
True i don't like Android or ios but ios is getting out of date!.
Ok the userinterface is smooth......but thye are way behind the market!
WP will gain on ios, ios is doomded give it 3 more years and it will be dead!
4. Mxyzptlk posted on 19 Feb 2013, 10:10 5 34
iOS just works. It will not meet the same fate BB and RIM met along with webOS
7. vandroid posted on 19 Feb 2013, 10:11 29 3
both were out dated and ios is going down that path
10. Mxyzptlk posted on 19 Feb 2013, 10:16 2 30
No it isn't.
12. vandroid posted on 19 Feb 2013, 10:18 28 1
if the co-founder says his own software is behind then that's when you know its going down
15. Mxyzptlk posted on 19 Feb 2013, 10:23 0 32
Based on some of his comments and actions, I'd say the co-founder is a little nutty at times. Besides he didn't come up with the iPhone.
20. androiddownsouth posted on 19 Feb 2013, 10:39 10 0
Of course Mxy, b/c everyone who says anything negative about iOS is a little nutty in your eyes....smh
16. SIGPRO posted on 19 Feb 2013, 10:26 11 2
Yes listen to vandroid he is telling the truth, Steve Wozniak (co founder of Apple) said ios is outdated hell he even uses a Lumia phone!
Than you know iphones are doodmed give it a few years...people will say iphone??? Whats that ahhahaha.
18. vandroid posted on 19 Feb 2013, 10:29 8 0
iphones are a damn good looking smartphone but they look the same and have the same boring os each year without any major changes and thats the only thing that holds me back from getting an iphone
39. -box- posted on 19 Feb 2013, 16:46 2 0
I agree with most of what you said except that it's a good looking series of phone. They're really not. They look like kids' toys, simplistic, boring, and horrendously derivative of mid-20th century designs.
It surprises me that Dieter Rams hasn't visited jonathan ives and slapped him across the face for his blatant plagiarism.
19. iOS.and.WP.is.the.new.bb posted on 19 Feb 2013, 10:30 5 2
Woz didn't use WP on daily basis...
Woz try WP but that's it...
Woz said he HATE Windows/WP.
Woz said iphone were arrogant, he like larger phone
Woz said he DIDN'T hate android...
need I say more?
24. protozeloz posted on 19 Feb 2013, 10:59 7 0
Ha can you please tell us how it just works? Like how maps just work, or how that alternative browser you got opens all your links or how you share stuff with other social networks without going through the app? And how it needs you to type your dammed password every time you try and update an app?
IOS just works at not working at all
31. rusticguy posted on 19 Feb 2013, 12:13 1 0
Hi Bot ... There's nothing new about it except that it Just doesn't work all the time ... the toy is exposed and all are scrambling to relly find some means to fool the "flock" into buying new version of the same old version ... again and again ... and they lost some one :D
43. lyndon420 posted on 19 Feb 2013, 18:10 3 0
How's apple maps treating you? Oh nevermind...I forgot you were blind.
45. gmracer1 posted on 19 Feb 2013, 18:20 2 0
Being blind is safer for him. Apple Maps will lead anyone to certain death.
13. iOS.and.WP.is.the.new.bb posted on 19 Feb 2013, 10:20 6 6
Are you kidding me???
Bill Gates said WP is CLEARLY A MISTAKE & doomed
and Steve Wozniak said Apple were too arrogant
and Jim Basille silently said BB10 is not gonna success
22. jsdechavez posted on 19 Feb 2013, 10:45 3 3
I think Mr. Gates said that there was a mistake in their smartphone strategy... not in the OS.
40. -box- posted on 19 Feb 2013, 17:07 1 2
No, no, no, no, no.
He said the speed at which they released their smartphones was a mistake, and it was related to Windows MOBILE, NOT PHONE.
Read the ENTIRE INTEVIEW, don't just pick and choose snippets.
51. Reluctant_Human posted on 19 Feb 2013, 22:11 0 2
I also saw the interview and jsde is right.
53. sitihardiyantiburukrupa posted on 20 Feb 2013, 03:00 1 0
no it doesn;'t
Windows Mobile is a success with 12% market share.
Balmer kill WM.
WP is a failure with 2.5% market share....
36. donfem posted on 19 Feb 2013, 13:40 0 0
I disagree... Not dead but consistently behind on all forms
29. tusshharish posted on 19 Feb 2013, 12:03 2 0
from now i will follow you,Robert Scoble............as android fan
9. InspectorGadget80 posted on 19 Feb 2013, 10:16 6 1
For that's one ifan down. at least he realize what ANROID have been doing in these pass few months NFC sharing. 720PHD too now 1080P with QUAD CORE. and Android OS always changes never look the same like iOS
37. donfem posted on 19 Feb 2013, 13:42 1 0
The surprising thing is that this "ifan" has the means and clout to buy or get any new Apple product anytime. I hope those who are less privileged will have their "eyes" opened.
11. ama3654 posted on 19 Feb 2013, 10:18 3 0
We welcome you warmly, thats what Android people do, now go get yourself an Android flagship and enjoy the freedom
17. BadAssAbe posted on 19 Feb 2013, 10:28 12 0
If this guy is so smart, then why did it take him so long to switch to android?
When the original Droid came out, i knew back then android was the future, Some knew before.
Apple still has many of the same problems it had back then.
No Sd Slots
One Size fits all
Easily Damaged Phones
and many more
52. sitihardiyantiburukrupa posted on 20 Feb 2013, 02:59 1 0
He was dumb/blind a.k.a the sheeep...
and he got enlighten... and suddenly realize that android is the way...
that's why this is big news...
when a sheeeep is able to see, they'll change to droid.
23. moronman66 posted on 19 Feb 2013, 10:48 3 0
I think this will get at least some people who just kind of didn't think much before buying an iPhone to hopefully think about something else. Personally, I think the iPhone is going to end up like Mac. Decent platform, more expensive, less selection, and it won't be as commonly used. There's at least a few reasons why only 10% of computers are Macs, and I'm not saying one is superior to another, but I think this will be the case with the iPhone as well.
25. darac posted on 19 Feb 2013, 11:04 0 4
So if iOS is outdated now, it is facing doom?!
Newsflash A - Apple has all the resources to drastically improve iOS.
And they are fully intent on doing that
Newsflash B - a completely revamped version is on the way already, with Johnathan Ive in charge.
Expect a NEW iOS this summer!
42. BadAssAbe posted on 19 Feb 2013, 17:19 1 0
Yeah because we all know how fast apple does things like
State of the art Maps 2012
A Bigger Whole 4in Screen! Whoa! 2012
Maybe a quadcore and 2 gigs of ram this year
LTE finally added in the iPhone 2012
Should i list more? How about stuff the iPhone doesnt have
SD Slot, HD Screen, Notification Lights, Mirco USB Charging Needed By LAW, Smaller Bezel, Lower prices(100$ for 16gb mores LOL) ,
26. nemo.king posted on 19 Feb 2013, 11:08 1 1
android for ever.............. even me switched from ios to android due to lack of functions
41. -box- posted on 19 Feb 2013, 17:09 0 1
Ever is a long time. I doubt we'll be using android in a decade or so. It may still be google-owned, but not Android, per se
27. Tre-Nitty posted on 19 Feb 2013, 11:14 0 0
I love the people who actually argue over this foolishness. I have and never will give a rats ass about what os somebody uses.
32. downphoenix posted on 19 Feb 2013, 12:27 0 0
He cant be that huge in the tech world, I've never heard of him. What does he do exactly or how is he so famous?
33. rusticguy posted on 19 Feb 2013, 13:21 1 0
Well he says these things and share prices cross 800 mark... so must surely be mroe than you and me :)
49. protozeloz posted on 19 Feb 2013, 20:10 0 0
Same boat pal... Not a clue of why should we care about him
34. JunitoNH posted on 19 Feb 2013, 13:27 0 0
Sounds to me like someone is getting paid on the side; almost like a celebrity endorsement.
44. lyndon420 posted on 19 Feb 2013, 18:15 1 0
Beginning to see a trend with with these so-called tech experts...jumping the IOS ship.
47. _PHug_ posted on 19 Feb 2013, 19:55 1 0
NEVER heard of this guy but if he is just now figuring out what I've known for 3+ years I don't see why his opinion would matter.