Robert Downey Jr talks HTC One M8 design in a boring new ad
0. phoneArena 08 Apr 2014, 19:47 posted on
It takes some serious marketing power to be able to rival the kings of the ad space - Samsung and Apple. HTC has been hoping that having Robert Downey Jr as its spokesman for the HTC One would be a good step towards making its device a bit more visible to users. Unfortunately, the marketing team also seems to think that having RDJ is enough, and they don't need to bother coming up with anything creative...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6678; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Think HTC is wasting their money on Downey Jr. They should fire their marekting manager. Look at Samsung ads which is FAR BETTER thant HTC'S ad so boring
17. sipha (Posts: 315; Member since: 12 May 2012)
And am worried his delusional and paranoid too..
20. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
So following a samsung commercial u became hooked. Right?!
2. Killua (Posts: 270; Member since: 25 Nov 2013)
Wow, congratulations HTC, you successfully made RDJ looks boring. Which is a feat in itself.
3. mturby (Posts: 270; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
this kind of ads are scaring customers away.
4. Gaurav008 (Posts: 279; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
An actor with RDJ's charisma and great sense of humour, you would think that, any ads he starrs in will be "atleast" good. But lo behold, we have HTC's awesome retarded marketing team. What a shame and sham!
19. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
It's funny to see all this so called marketing guru's on this site.
If it gets you talking, ITS GOOD !
6. downphoenix (Posts: 2378; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
RDJ is a good spokesperson, but if he isn't given good lines to speak out, the ads will fail.
Why not take a CUE from the flashy intros of Tony Stark from the Iron Man movies, HTC?
7. Emmanuelz (Posts: 69; Member since: 01 Aug 2013)
My god this is worst than that stupid blah blah commercial
8. mikeguy1981 (Posts: 67; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
Even if i wanted one of those that commercial would make me not want one.
9. mikeguy1981 (Posts: 67; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
why even bother calling it the one just call it an HTC M8
11. alrightihatepickingusernames (Posts: 426; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
Oh golly that was bad.
13. GreekGeek (Posts: 844; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
The person who conceptualized this Ad needs to be sacked. I mean, that was just lazy
14. SPASE (Posts: 100; Member since: 03 May 2013)
Like any good movie with good actors, you need a good producer otherwise it will look like a B grade!
15. Xenaz (Posts: 105; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
How can PA be so subjective??
Yes, I also find the ad quite boring as well but PA is suppose to be unbiase and unprejudice.....
16. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
"In a new boring AD" lol that was quietly brilliant
18. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3589; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Saying apple ads are also nothing exciting. They attract nobody but iWannabes.
21. SuperMaoriBro (Posts: 344; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
Htc ads make their phones seem uncool
22. szaboagoston (Posts: 41; Member since: 28 Nov 2012)
Well, my problem with this commercial is that the text doesn't make any sense. He's talking about last month, when the HTC One was chosen the best designed, best built, coolest smartphone on the planet, for the second time in a row. "Except that it isn't anymore..." Quite confusing if you ask me.