Rivals or partners? 80% of Samsung's microchip revenue comes from Apple
0. phoneArena 03 Jun 2013, 18:28 posted on
There is always a lot of chatter about how much Apple and Samsung hate each other. The two companies have been locked in litigation, traded jabs in advertising, and generally played the parts of being bitter rivals. But, the big problem with that view of the relationship is that it doesn't take into account two things: money, and marketing...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. DroidSTILLDoes (Posts: 14; Member since: 03 Jun 2013)
micheal h apple spin article. Nothing new.
6. DroidSTILLDoes (Posts: 14; Member since: 03 Jun 2013)
All I'll say is you, sir, are beyond pathetic. While I haven't posted here in a couple weeks I have been checking in off and on and I have NEVER seen jimmies more rustled than yours. I do love how you name drop me every other post, way to not let me get to you, Moose.
14. roscuthiii (Posts: 1658; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Michael H? Apple spin? Wow... quite the misperception there.
23. Trex95 (Posts: 499; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
Might be not the latest news. But Samsung makes money more than even galaxy's line cause of Apple chipset! imagine that if Apple cancelled the contract as they mentioned in 2014.
P.S Samsung profit from Apple Iphone, Ipad and Ipod chipset manufactures around 8 billion $!
7. _Bone_ (Posts: 1995; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Apple can't leave Samsung if they want to avoid HTC style horrific launches.
15. ama3654 (Posts: 233; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
8. PAPINYC (Posts: 1953; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
iRonically, Apple is iNcapable of making its' own microchips ... HA, some "tech" company!!
Truth is: Apple would be no where (ZERO, ZILTCH & VOID) if it were not for the ideas and technology of others!!
Keep bringing us these riViTing and informative truths.
9. Ninetysix (Posts: 1010; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Which smartphone doesn't have any parts from another manufacturer? Can you name some? Thanks.
11. PAPINYC (Posts: 1953; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Well, at least Samsung phones have no rotten Apple cores; they may utilize other manufacturers but, they get nothing from Apple. Except, of course, size-envy iPhone owners.
18. darkkjedii (Posts: 8888; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Dude you need to relax, or go to Cupertino, climb the bell tower, and vent your frustrations. Maybe just go on a date...with a girl not your android device.
22. bachir8k (Posts: 61; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Maybe when Apple shift to another manufacturing company, Samsung will be able to focus more on enhancing the big.LITTLE technology, and stop relaying on other SoC companies such as Snapdragon.
24. jameshoe (Posts: 128; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)
There's an iPhone, and there's everything else.
25. JMartin22 (Posts: 521; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
Apple wants this pubic perception that they're above the competition in quality, but it hardly produces any of its own components and uses that said competitor(s) components. Quite a conundrum there.