Revamped Google Nexus 7 seen with Android 4.3 at the FCC?
0. phoneArena 13 Jun 2013, 22:31 posted on
With the only new device seen at Google I/O a "Google Edition" of the Samsung Galaxy S4 with stock Android on board, there is talk that we will soon see an updated version of the Google Nexus 7 tablet built by ASUS; could that be the slate that was seen visiting the FCC the other day? The device was powered by Android 4.3...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1256; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
finally this one has a back cam,but i prefer ipad mini 2.
2. alltechinside (Posts: 247; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
I agree. Phones= android, tablets=iOS for me.
Android is the best that I've used for a Mobile OS, but the lack of tablet apps made me switch back to iOS for tablets. (Owner of both nexus 7 and iPad)
3. kozza3 (Posts: 575; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
what a cry baby...
just kidding :P
IDK people won't buy android tabs because they lack apps, devs wont develop because no one is buying android tabs... who goes first?
7. imkyle (Posts: 1023; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
I like not having a back camera. One less thing to worry about scratching. I think the Nexus 7 current model looks great on the back.
4. Hammerfest (Posts: 370; Member since: 12 May 2012)
1920x1080... bleh... they went with the narrow screen
13. _Bone_ (Posts: 2140; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
This is a slight disappointment. 16:10 is the perfect tablet size, good for multimedia but not too wide for reading etc. But I can't recall a single S4 Pro device doing x1200, so this will definitely be x1080.
6. faisolbauuz (Posts: 121; Member since: 05 Jan 2013)
3950mah ? Isnt the current gen nexus 7 pack 4000+mah battery ?
14. _Bone_ (Posts: 2140; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Also a disappointment, but something's gotta give. It looks like a slimmer, thinner, lighter device, easier to carry around. I wouldn't rule out a small screen size increase either, you know, 7,5 or something.
8. Babyfacemagee (Posts: 2; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
That is not the Nexus 7, it is the MEMO Pad FHD 10. It is a new Asus tablet. I'd post a link but i'm not allowed (haven't been registered for more than 7 days). Google it and you will see it has these exact specs...it's a 10 inch tablet with Snapdrago S4 Pro, 5mp rear, 1.2 mp front camera, 1920 x 1200 display etc.
11. juanyunis (Posts: 72; Member since: 31 Aug 2012)
Please check second image, then read the description 'The tablet features a 7" LCD..."
16. b9876 (Posts: 2; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
MeMO Pad HD 7 has MediaTek CPU, 8-16 GB flash and 800x1280 resolution.
12. _Bone_ (Posts: 2140; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Definitely looks like the Newxus 7, specs and previous leaks, the timing of the FCC check, the July launch rumors, the year's turn since the first and the new Android version all point to the tablet update.
The only pity is that it packs the great performing yet power destroying S4 Pro.