Resolution on new Samsung GALAXY Note tablet, GT-N5100, confirmed by User Account Profile
0. phoneArena 31 Oct 2012, 11:58 posted on
We're not yet sure if the GT-N5100 is a 7 inch tablet, but it appears to be a new Samsung GALAXY Note slate thanks to the DLNA certification that outed the device in the first place; thanks to the UAP, we can say that the tablet will have resolution of 1280 x 800...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Samsung smacking Apple on yet another front. Beautiful. :)
3. TheLibertine (Posts: 484; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
Actually, with the Galaxy Tab 7.7 they allready have a fantastic tablet that could be the Android equiualent of the iPad mini, but somehow i doesnt get much media attention...
5. Aeires (unregistered)
It was a great tablet, just got overshadowed with all the other ones that were released at that time. The 7.7 was an option I was looking at getting until I heard of the Asus Memo, which later became the N7. Samsung will have to do some creative pricing if it's going to compete with the Mini & N7.
8. ahomad (Posts: 175; Member since: 15 May 2012)
I don't think they are aiming to compete with the N7 with the price, the note is their premium device, so it would be priced somewhere around the ipad mini or slightly lower but not in the range of the N7
11. Aeires (unregistered)
Agree. I'm guessing just below the Mini pricing so they will still make a profit but have that as a selling point.
15. ajac09 (Posts: 1481; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
the 7.7 and 7 are great tablets even for the price. Its to bad samsung didnt push both of them down our throats like they are doing with the gs3 and the note 10.1
21. deuel_18 (Posts: 54; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
i know thats why i was reluctant to buy the galaxy tab 7 series...
18. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1235; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
a 7.7 inch note tablet could easily put it as the top tablet in the 7inch segment...ipad mini was never a competition...nexus 7 will be
19. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
If this new tablet is configured at least as good as the Note II is, I would buy it just to give the middle-fingered wave to Apple.
20. deuel_18 (Posts: 54; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
wait wait so this new upcoming tablet from samsung will likely have 7.7 or 7.9 inch screen?...with 1.4 GHz?..with the same screen as N7 but with microSD card?...correct me if i'm wrong please...
26. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
Yeah Samsung pimp slapping apple has been the norm for years..
2. sheik (Posts: 249; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
It looks like a "me too" 7 inch category tablet.... Samsung can (should) come out with better products than this
13. SleepingOz (unregistered)
so your "me too 7inch blabla" in invalid and irrelevant.
14. sheik (Posts: 249; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
Let alone bashing me, check your spelling first...
12. Captain_Doug (Posts: 990; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
They're "me too"-ing themselves. They already have pretty much the same tablet already just with a dual core.http://www.phonearena.com/phon
This is very much an iterative update. However I'm sure it'll be a good tablet, just not anything groundbreaking.
22. deuel_18 (Posts: 54; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
im imagining this 7.7/7.9 tab would be exactly as that tablet but with updated specs though...which is awesome :D
28. Captain_Doug (Posts: 990; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I agree but for me to be sold on the idea, they'll have to up their build quality.
4. MeoCao (unregistered)
7.7" is fine, but why not use 1080p screen?
7. sheik (Posts: 249; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
Cause it'll increase the production costs and the 7 ' tablets are considered as budget class. But at least they should have made it 1440x900 like in nook
24. deuel_18 (Posts: 54; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
if they do then they'll have to lower the the quality or even omit some other features of the tablet...
9. AFnerdTP (unregistered)
i think it'd be great if Samsung can streamline the resolution of screens -
under 7" - 720p
7" to 9" - 1080p
9" & up - 1600p
16. AFnerdTP (unregistered)
at least.. for the high-end models
17. MionLux (Posts: 2; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
sammy wont stop they've the power to deliver