Research group claims LG overtook Apple as #2 US handset maker in December
0. phoneArena 22 Jan 2013, 23:02 posted on
We're a bit confused by this story, because there is a key piece missing from the original report which makes it difficult to fully understand the claims. The news comes from Korean news agency Yonhap, which says that Counterpoint Research has put LG as the #2 handset maker in the US for December, overtaking Apple...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Derekjeter (Posts: 126; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
Like I said before up for sale or trade iPhone 5 32gig. Ill take offers. I truly see Blackberry becoming the 2nd biggest OS behind Android if Apple doesn't change ways. LG is making it in the mobile world. Watch out Sony.
2. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
sorry but sony's year is here bro......i think samsung is the one that needs to watch out because soon it will be "out with the fakers" and "in with the originators" ............
much love to the android community and true innovators
3. mick25 (banned) (Posts: 110; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Yes, rectangles and glass back covers are very original.
6. BattleBrat (Posts: 883; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
One that is water and dust proof and doesn't break when you drop it is...
10. mick25 (banned) (Posts: 110; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
sorry to disappoint but waterproof and dustproof phones have been in existence long before xperia z
on top of that, doesn't break when you drop it? LOL
12. BattleBrat (Posts: 883; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Yeah, in Japan, and usually exclusive/underpowered/feature phones Even LG is using glass backs (I prefer Kevlar myself :D ) Premium feel is difficult to accomplish with plastic
7. pyradark (Posts: 687; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
original, bcoz sony design it beautifully, its not all about the shape, its how they implement the best materials to create premium device.
9. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
original it is!
does it get more "original" than a common shape?
innovative? no lol but the innovation will be in other areas, i believe.....like the lighting strip on the xperia s or the water and dust proof xperia Z :)
11. mick25 (banned) (Posts: 110; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
take your blind sheep-ism elsewhere. you're the exact same as ifanboys that android fanboys mock
14. BattleBrat (Posts: 883; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
The man likes Sony, considering how sexy their hardware is, who can blame him? Me? I'm a Moto fan, I like sexy hardware, and Sony makes some pretty sexy hardware, He is not blind, if Sony made the Z out of plastic and it felt like a Sammy (not that that's a bad thing, it's just not a Sony thing) you'd DAMN well be hearing it from the Sony fans, some people like a premium experience. to each their own
13. mick25 (banned) (Posts: 110; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
there's nothing you can say about the xperia z that is original or innovative. you're all just masturbating about the xperia z because it looks like nice, though that is something most of us can agree to t
15. MeoCao (unregistered)
I said it and I say it again: Both HTC and SS's successes came after making Nexus phones.
So now it is LG's turn
18. wando77 (Posts: 227; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
I thought HTC had success from making the desire and Samsung from the gs2
22. mick25 (banned) (Posts: 110; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Sgs1 was a success and was released before nexus s
Htc has been in a slump for a while and thats after n1 was released
4. rusticguy (Posts: 2810; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display
1.2 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6589 processor
4GB internal memory, expandable up to 32GB
8-megapixel rear camera
VGA front camera
2100 mAh battery
For less than $280 in india. What else would anyone want :)
16. eisenbricher (Posts: 961; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
I never thought that I'll be ever using android, but bought A110 last month and guess what, a Nokia fanboy had a change of heart! This is awesome phone. Definitely putting my pre order for A116 (passing canvas 2 to my sis).
MMX is on the rise!
21. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
You've been enlightened..now spread some of that to other Nokia fanboys, haha
23. rusticguy (Posts: 2810; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
You were lucky to get A110 canvas2. It's always in short supply like Nexus 4 :)
Yes MMX is on the rise and with A116 bye bye Samsung Grand ... they will have tough time convincing buyers to pay 6K more for similar phone specs and im sure the real price will be lower than what is the Max Retail Price because anything above 13k in India and buyers start looking elsewhere so 12-13k is the sweet spot ... i think this phone will also be in short supply.
19. wando77 (Posts: 227; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
To pay $20 more for the far superior nexus 4...... That's what
20. jcpwn2004 (Posts: 314; Member since: 18 Jan 2012)
will this be for sale in the US? I'm really curious, looking to upgrade phones soon and have been deciding between the nexus 4 16gb for 350$ or a galaxy s3 for about 450$ on ebay.
5. BattleBrat (Posts: 883; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
"the news that Apple had over 50% of the smartphone market in Q4."
IN Q4 WHAT ABOUT THE REST OF THE YEAR!?! WE CALL THAT CARDSTACKING, AND IT'S A LOAD OF BULL$#!t Apple always does good Q4 thats historically when the new iPhones are released DUH Q4 doesnt do you much good when you get your ass handed to you the rest of the year
8. Jurdiales (Posts: 105; Member since: 10 Oct 2012)
I don't like how every single study, article, stadistic, etc... takes Apple or the iPhone as the base model for everything... Is like saying that the iPhone is the base of what specs every smartphone needs to have or something... Since when they maked the iPhone a Standard rule?