Research In Motion planning a bash for the BlackBerry Bold 9790 launch
The BlackBerry Bold 9790 will go on sale to the rest of the country the day after, on November 26th. The first 1,000 buyers to attend this special launch event will receive 50% off their purchase of the new phone.
As we reported previously, market research shows BlackBerry is the most popular OS in Indonesia, which explains why the launch will start there. The combination of BlackBerry fans, a great lineup of Indonesian entertainment, and a 50% discount is sure to make this a successful event.
1. downphoenix (Posts: 2891; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
I bet everyone that shows to the event will get the discount. Because they wont have 1000 people there. I mean, the odds are just stacked against them. 1, its blackberry, its not as popular as iOS or Android, I dont know a single person that was like "ooh, I cant wait for that new blackberry bold to come out, its going to be so awesome" IRL. 2, its effing Indonesia. Its an extremely poor country, I dont see there being more than 5 or 6 digits of people in that country that could readily even afford this phone, and just because they cant afford it doesnt mean they are going to buy it necessarily. Sometimes rich people are the way they are because of being miserly.
2. anggoromurti06 (Posts: 1; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Hello there... I live in Indonesia...
1. Blackberry is very popular here even an elementary student have a blackberry
2. Indonesia is not \"Extremly\" poor country at all....
3. Android will kick Blackberry A$$ soon in Indonesia :D
3. Erdyon (Posts: 1; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Extremely poor country ? Indonesia is a country where we do have both kind of people, the extremely poor one, and also the extremely rich one.
It's a country where 1000 and more people queued up in the launching of Samsung Galaxy S II (20% discount, if I remember correctly). Most of them even got there from 10 pm (1 day before the launching day), and sleep/stay outside the mall until 10 am (the next morning). Although I must say that most of them are people that used that chance to gain profit by selling it again, somewhere.
And yes, as anggoromurti06 said, Blackberry is very popular here. A condition which I'm not proud of, but nevertheless it's a fact.
4. forzanetti (Posts: 9; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
I'm Indonesian, and I'm as puzzled as you as why Blackberry is so popular here, but here's the fact:
1. It IS in fact the most popular OS in Indonesia. Why? simply because of the Blackberry Messenger, from 8 year old kids to middle aged housewives, they are all occupied with their beloved device day and night. Every new Blackberry device is a huge deal for them (I don't own one though, I think it's useless). I myself is an Android user. I don't get why they even need dual core or touchscreen for Blackberry. If you really want Blackberry Messenger, buy a 8320.
2. Indonesia is not an "extremely poor country". While there are people living in poverty in certain part of Indonesia, you should come to Java (especially Jakarta). People there are effing rich. All they care about is lifestyle, and Blackberry has became part of that.
Almost all my friends (9 out of 10) use Blackberry, and they keep telling me to. But I don't see the point of using one. But a lot of people buy them simply because of peer pressure. You don't look cool if you don't use one. Now almost all the youth here using the bloody same dumb phone. Sad, I know.
5. christony1120 (Posts: 65; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
you the most idiotic person in phonearena first you say that blackberry isn't popular in indonesia when you don't even live there. two your such a douche for even referring Indonesia as a poor country when again you don't live there so you don know if they really are poor, your just saying that because your mad they're not going to wherever you live. and three the comment under you just shut your mouth! asshole
7. hakim002 (Posts: 3; Member since: 20 Nov 2011)
it true, i am also victim of peer pressure, i bought blackberry coz most of my friends are using blackberry, personally i like android much,..
regards to all Indonesian,.. lov u,..