Report says children and power users should be limited to 40 minutes of cell phone use daily
0. phoneArena 17 Oct 2013, 08:19 posted on
Every once in a while, the issue of radiation comes forward, spreading doomsday fears about cell phone use; the latest report comes from France's safety watchdog group which says that children and. heavy users should limit their daily cell phone use. This warning comes despite the group's conclusion that cell phones produce "no proven effect" on health...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
17. androiphone20 (Posts: 1400; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
heck, these French people sound like my Mom
20. james004 (Posts: 471; Member since: 15 May 2013)
remember the times when they banned jeans on ladies? lol
well my typical day is 2 hours screen time thats not as bad.
2. Shatter (Posts: 1997; Member since: 29 May 2013)
You could get T-Mobile and then when your on WiFi it turns off the cell service d and goes over the WiFi
4. buccob (Posts: 1364; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Do they mean 40 minutes of phone use or 40 minues of phone calling?
Cause I barely use my phone for calling anymore, though I do average 4~5 hours of phone usage between web browsing, gaming, texting, etc....
10. soldiernation (Posts: 34; Member since: 09 Sep 2012)
Wondering the same thing here. I'm guessing it's calling since that's the only time when the phone is very close to your brain.
13. buccob (Posts: 1364; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Then can I consider myself to be a "safe Power User"? heheh
The article is very vague... and the research is a bit alarmist
5. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2999; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
So what they mean is, children and power users fall in the same category?
Why would one call himself a power user if he uses a phone just for 40 minutes a day?
6. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Children and Power Users?
So basically: Everyone in the modern world
7. PK1983 (Posts: 166; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
Was it the frogs or surrender monkeys that came out with this report?
9. wky1998 (Posts: 13; Member since: 22 Jul 2013)
40 minutes ? Tell me how many users having brain cancer today due to cell phones ?
11. lifeyourlive (Posts: 126; Member since: 23 Aug 2013)
Imagine child power user, that by itself gave me a cancer
12. lifeyourlive (Posts: 126; Member since: 23 Aug 2013)
It took me 40 minutes to find this article and read through the whole thread on my phone... well, see you tomorrow then
14. eN16HTMAR3 (Posts: 104; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
Dont they treat cancer w/ radiation? Maybe this is a good thing for people w/ brain cancer. Just a thought.
15. PersianHobo (Posts: 55; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
give the kids an iPhone, the battery only lasts for 40 minutes anyways lol
16. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1225; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
HAHA, Like I give a sh8. I'll probably die in much more painful way anyway :P
18. Topcat488 (Posts: 1124; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
That's one of the MAIN reasons i enjoy using Samsung smartphones...
They're one of the lowest if not the lowest SAR (Specific absorption rate) rated phones out there. Go Sammy...
19. Stuntman (Posts: 711; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
This way, battery makers won't have to work so hard to make a battery that lasts.
21. xtremesv (Posts: 193; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
So they are basically saying there are no proofs but still it is dangerous... I miss old-fashioned researchers.
22. GeekMovement (Posts: 1499; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
So 40 minutes of cell phone use only or do other electronics like computers, laptops, and tablets count in their research?
23. Slammer (Posts: 990; Member since: 03 Jun 2010)
There are two types of radiation: Ionizing and no-ionizing. Ionizing radiation is the most dangerous while non-ionizing is the least dangerous. However, there are many levels of both types that lead from the least to most dangerous. Since Ultraviolet rays is the threshold between ionizing and non-ionizing, Radio are far lower and fall right in the middle of the non-ionizing level. Relatively low amounts. Body cell structure is generally not harmed by non-ionizing radio waves. However, I feel this article pertains, and is directed towards people with heath issues that involve cell deficiencies or already under chemo or x ray treatments. Children are not fully immunized where prolonged doses could affect growth or other health issues. Technically, the average person should not be worried over cellphone use. You are more likely to get killed by talking or texting on the phone while driving.