Report says September launch for iOS 6 along with next Apple iPhone
legally massage its numbers, Kuo looks for the same changes in iOS 6 that everyone is such as more Facebook and iCloud integration, some integration with the App Store and iTunes an updated UI and a new in-house produced mapping service to replace Google Maps. The actual device itself is expected to have a larger screen around the 4 inch mark, with a 16:9 aspect ratio. The new Apple iPhone is also expected to be thinner, taller, and have a front-facing camera with HD resolution.
As we've already pointed out, banners for tomorrow's start of WWDC 2012 have been put up around the Moscone Center in San Francisco, calling iOS, "The world's most advanced mobile operating system." Things kickoff at 10am Pacific time Monday with the keynote address.
"We expect Apple to unveil iOS 6 GM (Golden Master) in early September. Based on the release schedule for iOS 6 GM, there is a very good chance iPhone 5 will start shipping also in early September."-KGI analyst Ming-Chi Kuo
1. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
I can't wait to see all the goodies announced today!!
5. Sniggly (Posts: 7176; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Yeah, I can't wait to see what's up too. It's sure to be educational.
14. ScottSchneider (Posts: 322; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
Yeah... I can Wait... Nothing New in it... :-I
20. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Notice how I got 12 thumbs down from fandroids. They're terrified.
22. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5490; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Or maybe people just don't like your position and how are you acting?
21. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5490; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"The world's most advanced mobile operating system."
And where they are hiding that advance ?
2. matrix_neo (Posts: 321; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Nothing too much to be excited, im sure the new features of their ios, android has it already or even windows phone. Copying will be trending. Lol
15. GuiltyBystander (Posts: 199; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
Companies copy each other all the time in everything, it's fine.. they copy the idea and make it better if possible, this is how technology moves forward.
17. hunted (Posts: 347; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
you're right, thats why we have Toyota Prius
19. sithman (banned) (Posts: 299; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Thank u for explaining that to matrix_neo. What a lame.
26. matrix_neo (Posts: 321; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
i obviously knew some companies copying each other. This article is all about apple, and obviously again, i$heeps are accusing android of copying ios especially for the iphone. copying is still new to mobile arena. try to check your web add also maybe you're in a wrong site. This is PHONEARENA, it talks about mostly phones. there's no need for me to explain more, you're such a lame to comprehend.
3. wendygarett (unregistered)
I cant wait to update my iphone4s!!
4. wendygarett (unregistered)
it's fragile!! :)
6. mas11 (Posts: 1031; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
It would be nice to see a new UI. The whole app grid has gotten pretty boring.
7. jacko1977 (Posts: 397; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
The world's most advanced mobile operating system sue them for false advertising
8. mhiharis (Posts: 14; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Apple the same old operating system just a bit Icon and wallpaper changed, nothing else.
9. bansidhar (Posts: 16; Member since: 28 Apr 2012)
ios 6 will be released or not !!!!!!!!!!!
10. rudlie (Posts: 182; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
too many makeup artist here. you are try to decorating your UI with pretty-girly widgets while it sacrifice memory, performance and power. I'm happy with what iOS has, even with simpe UI because it's giving me a better experience with the optimal performance.
12. mas11 (Posts: 1031; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Then don't use widgets! That's the beauty of choice.
13. rudlie (Posts: 182; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Yes. my choice is factory default. that is the best choice for android os hahahaha
11. Nocturne (Posts: 24; Member since: 21 May 2012)
@rudlie (sorry for fail of posting new comment as opposed to replying to yours)
I suppose the main thing you forget is that android users have the CHOICE to add widgets to their home screen, whereas iOS users do not.
It'll be interesting to see today if they have any new features not already on another OS, hopefully its more than just the new iMap.
Good competition, and dare i say Innovation, between Android and iOS, heck even Windows phone and RIM, can only benefit the consumer so I hope they have a few surprises in store.
24. deathyyy (Posts: 101; Member since: 20 Dec 2011)
@nocturne and the simple option for someone who wants widgets is to get an android.
the amount of apple hate in every comment on this site is absurd- i have an iphone and am a very tech savvy user. i've owned Galaxy S IIs, Photons, Evos and am going to get the GSIII or new Evo, and I still prefer my iphone. Know why? Because it's all PERSONAL PREFERENCE. Hate on iOS all you want, but please refrain from simply being bigots because someone else has a difference of opinion from you.