Report says Samsung Omnia W to get Wi-Fi tethering with Windows Phone 7.8
According to the Korean based manufacturer, once the Windows Phone 7.8 update goes through, Samsung will add the new feature to the device. The big question, of course, is when will the Windows Phone 7.8 update be pushed out? Samsung says that it is just a matter of Microsoft flicking the switch to send out the long awaited update.
source: WindowsPhoneItaly(translated) via WMPoweruser
1. alterecho (Posts: 1085; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
What?? I've been using the internet sharing on my Omnia W since a long while back. Its present on board since purchase, without any updates.
2. jhp2025 (Posts: 4; Member since: 27 Sep 2012)
Hi there, any news about Samsung GT-i8000 Omnia II update please? Thanks
3. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5482; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I think you should ask this question in an Windows Phone fan web page, they should provide more information than you will get on PhoneArena. :)
4. bon24x7 (Posts: 205; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
Its been available on my Omnia w since the beginning...dafaq..
5. cse.vicky (Posts: 107; Member since: 10 Dec 2010)
Hope 7.8 comes soon to this device :) , Samsung Omnia W is great device , those who have used it , know it :)
6. jhp2025 (Posts: 4; Member since: 27 Sep 2012)
Yeah Samsung is a bit tricky since they have updated only for their Korean version but not the international one.. Lucky you if they are updating Omnia W now, and bad luck for us who own Omnia II..