Report says Japanese panel manufacturers working on ultra-thin 6 inch screens for Q3
0. phoneArena 08 Apr 2013, 00:45 posted on
Looks like 6 inches is the next goal for smartphone manufacturers, at least according to those omnipresent Taiwan component suppliers who say that Japanese screen manufacturers like Panasonic and Sharp are working on ultra thin panels for smartphones that will ship in the third quarter of 2013; the current record for screen size belongs to the 6.1 inch Huawei Ascend Mate...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. XperiaUser (unregistered)
2. lyndon420 (Posts: 1641; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Get rid of the bezel and replace these lame capacitive (off screen) buttons with on screen ones like a true Nexus.
7. vincelongman (Posts: 628; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
For phablet they should use on screen buttons, but for large 4.7"-5" phones about the size of the HTC One and Galaxy S4 I'd still prefer capacitive or physical buttons. The S4 still could be small, like if the moved their logo to the home button, reduce the empty space and even smaller bezels for example. Through I also like the idea of dual front speakers.
3. HDShatter (Posts: 1014; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Could be for the intel phones coming out too. I think quad core baytrail is going to be the end of arm in flagships, the quad core baytrail is like 2x the power of a15.
4. AasifMalik (Posts: 2; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
Toshiba already done it with whoping 2560x1600. Hope to see in Galaxy Note III. Buh it dint happen
5. AasifMalik (Posts: 2; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
Why not Samsung, Sony, Toshiba, Lg, Sharp and Panasonic join forces to work together? I hope to see something great if it happen ever.
6. darkskoliro (Posts: 885; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Used the Note and Oppo, have the Butterfly, felt the Z.
All I can say is: I miss the palm-fitting OneX+ I bought for my mate :(
8. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Even with no or minimal bezels, still too big. I know there's a market for such devices, but no thanks. Of course I can still use it but impossible for single handed operation.
9. iluvsmartphonexpdx (Posts: 48; Member since: 26 Mar 2013)
5 inches is big already... with Note around its still okay...but 6 inches? Really do we have to go that far??
10. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4821; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Next year, phablets will be going up to 7 inches, let's see how can our hands and pocket suffer from the PAIN!!!
11. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
In 2 years you will see people holding a 10 inch 'phablet' by their heads when making phone calls and looking like a douchebag.
12. Leo_MC (Posts: 394; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
They already loock ludacris holding Note (tablets, sory) phablets to they ears...