Report claims iPad 3 launch may face shortages
0. phoneArena posted on 02 Mar 2012, 17:30
This is one of those stories that we just can't help but take with a grain of salt, because it feels like every time Apple is releasing a new iOS device, it faces some sort of component shortage. Of course, unless...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PAPINYC (limited) posted on 02 Mar 2012, 17:43 7 2
They could always repackage and conitnue selling iPad 2 since it will be the sAme ole tablet, anyway.
10. bigboy029 posted on 03 Mar 2012, 03:14 2 1
You cant make that joke about the iPad anymore since the galaxy tab 2 came out after the galaxy tab plus... just sayin.
11. BuckeyeCadet86 posted on 03 Mar 2012, 06:58 1 0
You can still make the joke, it just now applies to Samsung too
3. andro. posted on 02 Mar 2012, 18:18 9 2
This is to be expected as when apple goes and changes everything again when re-releasing products with a new name,the ifans go out in droves and buy it like piranhas in a frenzy.
The 'new' product is sold out,ifans put their names down on waiting list,the feverish desire increases with the wait and then the thrilling 'apple experience' of waiting on the product is completed. All this happens while they basically already have the exact same product already at home from last years version of the above events.
7. conscious (banned) posted on 02 Mar 2012, 20:47 3 4
Don't worry andro I'm sure you're tablet of choice will have plenty in stock. Just check the clearance bin at your local Walmart.
9. andro. posted on 03 Mar 2012, 02:05 4 2
Haha Walmart! Thanks taco but i dont live in a country with Walmart and working in the phone industry i dont have to pay for a tablet we can get stuff free from companies if we want ;-)
No freebies from apple of course they are the only ones who give us nothing which is typical,and thank god because they would prob try and charge us money for their 'free' stuff
4. akita256 posted on 02 Mar 2012, 18:43 2 0
A quarter is three months..........from January THROUGH March...........not TO March.
5. MichaelHeller posted on 02 Mar 2012, 19:09 1 0
Whoops. Small but significant mistake. Thanks for pointing that out.
6. crankyd00d posted on 02 Mar 2012, 20:21 2 0
Wow an Apple product facing shortages?! Who would have thunk?!
8. frydaexiii posted on 02 Mar 2012, 23:05 2 0
Isn't shortage how Apple sells their products in the first place? Create scarcity, increase desire?
12. MichaelHeller posted on 03 Mar 2012, 10:07 0 0
That is part of the plan, but really it's a matter of not wanting to have too much extra stock on hand at any given time. Last I heard, Apple had it down to where they only held 2 days worth of stock at any time to reduce waste.
13. Mandroid posted on 04 Mar 2012, 12:36 1 0
In other news, grass is green and water is wet. Story at 9.