Report: a 12.9-inch iPad may arrive in early 2015, iPhone 6 should be announced on September 9
0. phoneArena 26 Aug 2014, 14:50 posted on
Apple's largest iPad ever could enter production in the first quarter of next year. Until then, Apple will launch the iPhone 6, as well as new 9.7-inch and 7.9-inch iPads...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
7. Teejay1100 (Posts: 100; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Samsung is now the leader, Apple just sit backs with all their money in the bank and follows..
12. omar300 (Posts: 200; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
Lets do a count of all rumors:
1) sapphire glass.
2) rounded metal body like HTC M8
3) now 12.9" ipad.
4) Unicorn free with any purchase above 2 grands(this is my own rumor)
25. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6891; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I betcha 800-900$ for the 12" models
16. power_x (Posts: 254; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
Apple was rumored to launch a 13 inch iPad before Samsung launched its 12 inch Pro tablet
So no , Apple isn't and will never go after Samsung
23. Heatfan316 (Posts: 492; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Haha...NOT!!! Let's see 5.5 inch iPhone says you're wrong.
28. Neo_Huang (Posts: 996; Member since: 06 Dec 2013)
Even the 4.7 inch one does. Under normal circumstances, Apple would not increase the screen size so greatly.
32. Iodine (Posts: 674; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
Samsung also wouldn't decrease size of their phones so drastically to 4,7 inches under normal circumstances.
24. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
Apple rumors about 12+ inch ipad started the day, they found out that Samsung is building 12+ inch tablet. So APPLE FOLLOW AND COPY Samsung.
33. Iodine (Posts: 674; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
Actually it's quite the opposite, samsung started developing their "Pro" line after hearing about iPad "Pro" rummors,http://www.usatoday.com/story/
They didn't bothered even in making a new name for it and because it's samsung, they made an entire lineup of tablets from that.
34. GalaxyS5 (banned) (Posts: 430; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
Yeah specially the 4.7 and 5.5 iphones and what apple claimed before when saying they wouldn't go for more than 60mm in width ever. Glad Samsung made them do it, this way some people would have more reasonable smartphones. I guess Steve Jobs is spinning in his grave right now.
2. tettech (Posts: 68; Member since: 18 Dec 2013)
Once there was just the 9.7, but now there's a mini and soon an extra large 12.9. More choices for the masses who have varying preferences.
3. wilsong17 (unregistered)
I already have a 12 in Samsung pro with a spen they are kinda late plus without the pen is not a true table
5. Vexify (banned) (Posts: 570; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
The only reason I'd buy a Samsung Tablet with a S Pen is for the drawing and writing aspect. Regardless, if I'm going to spend money on a tablet, I'm going to spend it on an iPad or not get a tablet at all. I already have my Nexus 5 and a taste of Android. No denying that the iPad excels very high in the slate department (unless you're a hater that sees in black and white of course).
9. wilsong17 (unregistered)
Just because I have yo use iTunes I won't buy it
31. aba71983 (Posts: 559; Member since: 24 Jul 2014)
Only iTunes is your problem? Your ignorant and lazy as I can see. It simple to used iTunes like your Samsung. If you want to transfer song into your iPad, just click and drag or sync.
27. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6891; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
They will never see it all they see and think that Apple have invented everything.
29. Neo_Huang (Posts: 996; Member since: 06 Dec 2013)
I would only buy a Samsung Tablet for the multi-window feature.
4. Vexify (banned) (Posts: 570; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
If I had the choice of buying a new iPad, I'd buy either the mini or the 12.9".
6. Teejay1100 (Posts: 100; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
I'm still waiting to see the Best Product pipeline in 25yrs, Edy Cue!!!
Apple is so full of it and themselves. Doesn't this seem like coping instead of leading? IJS
21. Salazzi (Posts: 322; Member since: 17 Feb 2014)
How is it copying? Samsung jumps at even the slightest whisper of an Apple product and tries to beat them to the punch. The minute it was announced Apple was working on a watch, Samdung releases one a while later. Announced Apple is building a larger tablet? Samdung answers the call. The fact is that not only is Samdung trying to imitate products already out, they imitate the slightest whisper and rumor. That is why people have begun as of late calling Samdung less innovative. Because with Apple keeping Samdung to as little of what goes on behind the scenes, it has little to go on. Makes on curious how people even called it innovative in the first place (recall their first like of android smartphones? You guessed it.. looked like a strong attempt to copy both hardware and software design.)
36. Iodine (Posts: 674; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
And it's not just Apple, samsung copies all other companies that make something nice. They patented an rounded smart watch to help them in court against a potential Motorola lawsuit when they will copy the Moto 360. Shameless as it gets. Ironically that's exactly what Anti Apple propaganda says about what Apple is doing.(they copy everything and then they will patent that and then they will laugh at you how they stole that and then android is the best.....)
I am curios how the android community willing to defend anything that samsung does, because it's their "anti-Apple hero" react to this perfect example of shameless copying.
8. darkvadervip (Posts: 356; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
Apple doesn't copy they make a product that is already out outstanding and make use of it's potential. So I guess Samsung didn't copy HTC sense with Touchwiz or are you going to get quiet now.
10. Teejay1100 (Posts: 100; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
And what outstanding product would that be? There is none. We are in an Apple thread and you mention Samsung copying. I'm done, I'm convinced you people cannot mention Apple unless you mention Samsung!!
22. Salazzi (Posts: 322; Member since: 17 Feb 2014)
Even LG is more innovative than Samdung.
11. wilsong17 (unregistered)
Lol HTC sense what posible use does HTC sense have
14. jove39 (Posts: 1385; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Bumping screen size alone won't be of much use...Apple should enhance iOS for productivity as well.
17. BattleBrat (Posts: 1216; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Yes, a pen perhaps, detachable keyboard dock a la Asus transformer series?
15. darkkjedii (Posts: 13888; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I'm ready for my new tech, ip6, note 4, let's rock.
18. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1246; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I predicted that when MS office came to the Ipad Apple would go to a larger screen Ipad size Just as the MS Surface pro line had to go to a larger size so people could use MS office features easier on the screen. you can view and edit MS office documents on an 8 inch Tablet but a person needs a 10 inch or bigger screen size Tablet to really make any serious MS office Documents on.
26. GreekGeek (Posts: 856; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
If it doesn't come with a higher resolution than the Air / mini retina, then what's the point?
30. AlikMalix (Posts: 1397; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
Samsung is better with it's 12" tablet, no one can make a better 12" tablet, no one, because Samsung was first....
35. Iodine (Posts: 674; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
... to make an 12" tablet in panic because of rumors of Apple doing something like that ?
That's like saying samsung galaxy gear is the best smart watch and no one can make a better one, because samsung was scared enough from iWatch rumors to rush out their own as quickly as possible.
37. AlikMalix (Posts: 1397; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
Good point. I believe samsung did rush the smartwatch, due to the fact that there have been like 3 of them released in a matter of a year, and right around all the rumors of iWatch started to surface. Releasing that many can be for the sake of variation of choice to consumer, but public response was... um, unresponsive. So I think samsung just keeps on making these (couple more announced already) to gain traction before Apple releases their iWatch that they never even announced they would. I could be wrong, but I think I agree with you...