Report: Three new Apple iPhone variants coming in 2013, including 4.8 inch model
0. phoneArena 21 Jan 2013, 01:12 posted on
Upstream supply sources have told China Times that there will be three new variants of the Apple iPhone launching this year including one model, the Apple iPhone Math, that will feature a 4.8 inch screen; the other two models will include the 7th generation Apple iPhone and one iPhone model with a 12MP camera on the back of the phone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
86. darkkjedii (Posts: 18412; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Uh ohhhh my fans r giving me red thumbs lol
106. T.R.O.L.L (banned) (Posts: 51; Member since: 20 Jan 2013)
You deserve them Dark Jedi...!®
110. darkkjedii (Posts: 18412; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I love em TROLL they indacate I've made my point. Thus pissing of the stupid among us techies
123. Droiddoes (unregistered)
Except for the part where apple kicked off this patent trolling/suing/banning BULLSH*T. The mobile industry was doing just fine until apple started acting like a spoiled brat and saying "no faaaiiiiiiirrrrrrr they cooooooppiiieed us!"
3. ilia1986 (unregistered)
So - I guess apple customers will have the magical and revolutionary experience of trying - and failing - to send a document via e-mail from a 4.8" device LOL.
I own a 4.8" device. It's called the Samsung galaxy S3. A true Smartphone. Samsung copying apple? Guess it's the other way around.
39. darkkjedii (Posts: 18412; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Dude u know you're an apple fan, just like you've always been. You'll b first in line to get that 4.8 in. iPhone. Lol c'mon get real.
44. ilia1986 (unregistered)
I'd rather be have my head amputated. Coming to think of this though - the experience will be the same.
55. darkkjedii (Posts: 18412; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Sure dude ok, but u and I've been coming to this site a lot longer than some of the other people have. I think u know exactly what I meant by that.
85. ilia1986 (unregistered)
You mean that there was a time when I supported Apple? There was.
But since then I've realized the truth - to put it plainly - Apple sucks. Big time.
88. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10312; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Its good to hear a success story from time to time. Bye bye Operation Lockdown and hello to Freedom.
124. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10312; Member since: 14 May 2012)
If you didn't find the meaning behind my comment, I don't know what to tell you because the answer is right in your face.
94. T.R.O.L.L (banned) (Posts: 51; Member since: 20 Jan 2013)
It has been for the past 3 years®
5. PhoneUser (Posts: 78; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
WOW they are actually catching up to other phones.....Only took them 5 plus years.
65. jaoowolabi (Posts: 201; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
So we can touch phones and share pictures!!!!!!!!!! :D
6. abdane (Posts: 494; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
iPhone 5S with polycarbonate body ? HAHA ! now apple fans will say this is plastic, but not cheap... right ? LMAO
and iPhone math ? dafuq ? i think all of this is false.
7. cripton805 (Posts: 1253; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
If they release something with the name 5s. It will fail big time... iPhone owners are begging for something new.
10. HTCOE (Posts: 631; Member since: 20 Nov 2011)
if it does come out as 5s ppl will already know to wait for the 6 which would eventually be revealed shortly after
20. quakan (Posts: 1328; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
You better believe it. If they release iPhone 5S instead of iPhone 6 with a big update, then I'll be exploring other options come November.
22. PhoneLuver (Posts: 481; Member since: 05 Jul 2010)
Me too! I've been waiting for a decent upgrade for my iPhone 4.
If there is no change then I'm picking one of the many awesome Androids!
90. darkkjedii (Posts: 18412; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
The iPhone cripton. With an 805 mgh processor.
8. HTCOE (Posts: 631; Member since: 20 Nov 2011)
i do believe iphones may have something new to offer this year but idk if it's enough to persuade me to get it over the next nexus device. the xperia z is a great device and the gs4 may be a good handset but i think ill eventually stick with the next nexus hopefully the x phone will end up as the nexus made by moto if not the x phone is sure to be a big contender in the mobile market for sure but again im sold on the 2013 nexus device...wish the best to the iphones tho it would be awesome if the screen size increases it will be a beautiful device indeed
9. jpmcnown (Posts: 34; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
Wait, is this supposed to have a completely transparent design, a laser projected keyboard, and holographic 3d display...... like the iphone 3?
17. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1488; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
i also heard the next iphone can run 3 operating systems....
30. jpmcnown (Posts: 34; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
If all 3 are equal to iOS in functionality, then we can still plan on doing 1/3 of what can be done on most other OS's.
34. jpmcnown (Posts: 34; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
Ya know what would be nice, being able to run Windows Mobile via bootcamp on an iPhone. lol
12. soldiernation (Posts: 34; Member since: 09 Sep 2012)
I don't believe this. 4.8 inch. Plastic.
And then a 12 MP camera. Show me something I haven't seen already, please Apple.
108. T.R.O.L.L (banned) (Posts: 51; Member since: 20 Jan 2013)
Let it remain how it is, Apple no needs to innovate®
13. mew7946510 (Posts: 55; Member since: 10 Nov 2010)
The weirdest of all news concerning Apple I had ever read! LOL! Apple iPhone Math?!
Maybe he means, algebra? So it will be, Apple iPhone X! LOL! haha..
32. jpmcnown (Posts: 34; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
Perhaps the math they refer to, is subtracting money from wallet.
47. stychill (unregistered)
14. tiara6918 (Posts: 1965; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
I doubt apple will release a 4.8" iPhone model, they'll still stick to 4" phones for the meantime
16. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Don't matter... The same old boring ios will still be in the works
19. Andrewtst (Posts: 578; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
When the iPhone release 4.8", those iFans will turn said 4.8: was the best size ever did by Apple! and eat up their own words!
21. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Dear God, talk about the irony if that turns out true.
Samsung should sue their asses!!
24. Guest_star (Posts: 231; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
hmmm...interesting, yes...it is very, how should i put this, intreaging seeing in what direction post Jobs Apple is going, at least in rumor land
26. ramonleonjr62 (Posts: 48; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
l will love to see a apple customer having a big phone on their hands and then their will say it is a perfect size ..so l then can call then a bunch of hypocrites. ^-^
27. Joker (Posts: 24; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Totally innovating: 12MP camera, slightly larger screen size and multiple color plastic chasis.
Calling it now, stocks will nosedive big time
31. jpmcnown (Posts: 34; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
Don't lose faith in those that buy s**t simply because they are told too.
28. wildcard (Posts: 65; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
dawn l will like to see those fanatic having a cheaper phone, oops sorry is l mean to say affodable phone still it will be call a cheaper phone LOL
33. ray77 (Posts: 126; Member since: 17 Nov 2012)
god l hope it will come true!!, so those fanatic will stop saying this words it is to big or it is all plastic so there can eat those words . hahahaha l love to see that day come .
37. reyenrique (Posts: 99; Member since: 07 Oct 2012)
hmmmmm there was saying about that Samsung, lg ,Sony and htc that the screens is to big and the phones Is made by polycarbonate body or the chasis made of polycarbonate, dawn l like see those face of apple fans having a phone made of plastic with a bigger screen. love to see it , do you hear me well apple fans lol
40. darkkjedii (Posts: 18412; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
The 4.8 in. variant and the gnote 3 will be the only phone that matter to me this year.
43. T.R.O.L.L (banned) (Posts: 51; Member since: 20 Jan 2013)
Same to. I wouldn't mind a 4.4 + iP5s.
81. kboo1995 (unregistered)
Yes apple isn't a fan of big screen
But it isn't there choice
It is the market choice
135. T.R.O.L.L (banned) (Posts: 51; Member since: 20 Jan 2013)
O no, why the "Reds, thumbs down for"....?
41. shamataa (Posts: 210; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
This is Apple not Samsung!. They would never take the chance to make a 4.8 phone. Its not their way of business. They take baby steps not a leap of faith.
48. lyndon420 (Posts: 3358; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
The "math" will probably come with a built-in stylus...and they'll claim to have it first.
72. darkkjedii (Posts: 18412; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Poor Lyndon, I actually thought u were an intellectual techie, but sadly I see you're the typical childlike android apple basher, that only posts unintelligent sarcastic posts to get lol's, and thumb ups. Tisk tisk tisk
51. daftastic (Posts: 87; Member since: 07 Jan 2013)
False, if it is true, then huge mistake on Apple's part. One device per generation should be it. Having more iPhone devices than one would dumb the whole iOS ecosystem down, I mean iOS is boring enough, but three of essentially the same thing?
Another point is that the iPhone was meant to be the iPhone, just that. No iPhone Camera, iPhone Mini^2S, it's just silly. Leave the ultra-fragmented smartphone selection to Samsung.
57. BigBoss10 (Posts: 264; Member since: 31 Aug 2012)
Apple can't defeat Samsung at it's heights...this year in the Arena of the two most powerful leader of mobile markets are Samsung and Sony as for Apple can go playing in the playground