Report: Three new Apple iPhone variants coming in 2013, including 4.8 inch model
0. phoneArena posted on 21 Jan 2013, 01:12
Upstream supply sources have told China Times that there will be three new variants of the Apple iPhone launching this year including one model, the Apple iPhone Math, that will feature a 4.8 inch screen; the other two models will include the 7th generation Apple iPhone and one iPhone model with a 12MP camera on the back of the phone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. CRICKETownz posted on 21 Jan 2013, 01:19 12 6
4.8"?...it will most likely be mine, but i could see the average iPhone user saying "it's too big!" smh...get w/the times ppl.
15. Droid_X_Doug posted on 21 Jan 2013, 01:47 14 1
Let me guess - the new iPhones will all be graced with Apple's 'Legacy' UI.... You heard it first on PA!
29. Joker posted on 21 Jan 2013, 03:02 22 2
It will feature all the live widgets (bluetooth, wifi, sounds..etc) people had seen in Android devices throughout the past....4 years.
Apple will be praised as the innovator of the industry once again, while trying to sue the crap out of others with these widget patent in the courtroom
38. darkkjedii posted on 21 Jan 2013, 04:05 4 17
Shhhhhhhhhhh please. Smart people are reading.
45. lyndon420 posted on 21 Jan 2013, 05:32 10 4
If the smart people are reading, then you are doing what dark....justifying your brand loyalty?
52. darkkjedii posted on 21 Jan 2013, 06:27 4 7
Lyndon read my posts, and you'll see that I'm loyal to tech... Oh, and one more thing my man...I'm typing this from my galaxy note 2.
102. lyndon420 posted on 21 Jan 2013, 13:19 4 2
You may be loyal to tech, but you'll rarely miss an opportunity to bash someone who is saying something negative against that fruit company.
103. T.R.O.L.L (banned) posted on 21 Jan 2013, 13:47 1 4
True, still he's roots are still with Apple, and everyone knows that, that's why you get reds!
107. darkkjedii posted on 21 Jan 2013, 13:53 2 3
Dude I can care lees about reds,blues, greens, or yellows. I love apple, Samsung, and Google as stand out tech companies. And will never afraid to say so. I feel apple is just as good a company as the rest of em. My two devices r the IP5, and the gnote 2. That's how I roll.
142. verty posted on 21 Jan 2013, 23:41 0 4
I think you should be quite and listen to yourself one minute!! You sound worse than a broken record! I ain't seen one person with so many reds!!!
144. darkkjedii posted on 22 Jan 2013, 03:19 1 1
Keep em coming
150. PhenomFaz posted on 22 Jan 2013, 04:42 0 2
ahem you were sayin...?
ever look in the mirror (so to speak) lately....nothin personal i just couldnt resist :)
104. darkkjedii posted on 21 Jan 2013, 13:49 1 5
The reason for that is cuz I feel no company is innocent, and all r greedy AND guilty...yetapple is singled out for it.
112. flamencoguy posted on 21 Jan 2013, 14:07 2 2
Read this and you'll know why they are singled out:
They do this all the time.
116. darkkjedii posted on 21 Jan 2013, 15:56 1 4
Not concerned with reading that. As I said apple is just as guilty, and innocent as the rest. So send me something on the rest to read.
120. Droiddoes posted on 21 Jan 2013, 16:30 2 5
This so hard. jedi has steve jobs' dead wiener so far down his throat it's sickening.
"oh no gaiz i am not biased i have a note 2! i is so not biased i bought it twice! but I will defend apple to the death and passive aggressively sh*t on anything non apple any chance i get!"
What a freaking joke
121. darkkjedii posted on 21 Jan 2013, 16:57 5 3
Nahhh nothing's down my throat nor am I a joke, you're Just mad cuz I'm not in the stupid apple/iOS hating android camp. I'm an intelligent grown man, who works hard everyday, and is about to b married to an incredible woman, and takes good care of my son. That's a man not a joke. I'll be damned if I jump on the android bandwagon jus to not get red thumbs, and to get lol's from stupid little p***** like you mr droiddoes. PA is R&R for me, my life doesn't revolve around starting trouble, and disrespecting people on the net, but being afraid to step to their face. And yes I took back the note 2 that I paid $703 for, and bought one for $425 on Craigslist, do the math...oh one more thing I'll defend apple, and anyone else who deserves to b defended from little p***** like U. All this drama, and insulting people over the phone they choose to use, and u call me a joke... Good day sir.
129. iami67 posted on 21 Jan 2013, 18:27 1 3
Jedi if you have to say this about yourself then you are a joke. A real man doesnt care what other people think about them and doesnt go around bragging. Thats like someone saying " ALL I ask for is respect " you dont ask for respect you earn it silly boy.
131. T.R.O.L.L (banned) posted on 21 Jan 2013, 18:33 0 4
136. darkkjedii posted on 21 Jan 2013, 19:04 1 1
Couldn't care less silly boy. And not asking for anything.
122. darkkjedii posted on 21 Jan 2013, 17:01 1 2
Team tech baby!!!
50. PhenomFaz posted on 21 Jan 2013, 06:24 3 1
oooo thats a nice one :)
But this is an interesting move nonetheless. A bit of variety from Apple's camp could do them some good maybe. This move I like.
They could go in for their 4inch flagship, a 4.5 incher maybe and then a 4.8 incher....moreover the 4.8 incher somehow makes sense as a few days ago there was news of Apple developing a new kind of stylus! I am looking forward to this definitely!
53. darkkjedii posted on 21 Jan 2013, 06:32 4 7
Thank u phenom, I knew an intelligent android based techie like u would see that apple has probably seen the writing on the wall (so to speak), and r finally waking up. Coming to the ballpark late wont matter as long as you're hitting homers, maybe triples...ok long doubles that allow the runner to tag up. Lol man I cant wait for baseball season (wink). It's time for apple to step up. The last time they needed a hit, they produced the iPhone and look what it did for mobile phones. They need to start hitting again, and I think they will. Lyndon said I'm showing brand loyalty. Please inform him phenom...please.
92. jroc74 posted on 21 Jan 2013, 10:33 0 2
Yea.....adapting to what other consumers are choosing. Might be too little too late tho. We shall see. But someone made a good point. Will offering the diferent models take away from individual iPhone sales?
Do we know how iPad and iPad Mini sales are doing against each other?
105. T.R.O.L.L (banned) posted on 21 Jan 2013, 13:51 0 2
But even if they do, do you think consumers will be buying this for the screen size? The same booring iOS will remain imminent! Let's wait and see what the outcome will be for this unexspectual®
128. iami67 posted on 21 Jan 2013, 18:25 2 1
Smart people dont buy iphones
132. T.R.O.L.L (banned) posted on 21 Jan 2013, 18:35 0 2
Posers, show offs and first time buyers, as well as old age pensioners, and kids bye iPhones™
141. verty posted on 21 Jan 2013, 23:34 0 2
You are full of crap!!!!!
145. darkkjedii posted on 22 Jan 2013, 03:20 0 1
46. jsdechavez posted on 21 Jan 2013, 05:36 1 1
sad but true...
137. gwuhua1984 posted on 21 Jan 2013, 19:19 0 1
"Apple will be praised as the innovator of the industry once again, while trying to sue the crap out of others with these widget patent in the courtroom"
It'll most likely happen...
138. cheetah2k posted on 21 Jan 2013, 20:26 0 1
Then they will patent it as if it were their own....
25. Wiki_jaan posted on 21 Jan 2013, 02:51 14 1
apple gona add two more icon row if its a 4.8 inch
118. PhoneAddiction posted on 21 Jan 2013, 16:12 0 2
My guess is the device will be 4.75 inches.
64. jaoowolabi posted on 21 Jan 2013, 08:03 2 11
I know youre joking but man i hate those people who bash on everything apple does or add to the iphone.
99. Wiki_jaan posted on 21 Jan 2013, 12:35 0 1
139. cheetah2k posted on 21 Jan 2013, 20:27 0 2
I know youre joking but man i *love* those people who bash on everything apple does or add to the iphone.
146. someones4 posted on 22 Jan 2013, 03:32 0 1
Not 'everything' but just an extremely huge percentage of it. What they do is just so....old...
69. jaoowolabi posted on 21 Jan 2013, 08:11 3 5
Hahhh i recently got the one x and i looked at my old iphone 4 and it look sooooo small. i think this will be good. if theres a 4.5" ill take that.
111. Googlethis posted on 21 Jan 2013, 14:02 0 1
I think they should build a small version (3.5-4.0 screen) for those that want the smaller phone then a 4.5 inch screen and then to compete with the phablets lol there own phablet stylus and all give each individual iphone series there own software and internal hardware tweeks to help with usablility of the phones. Just my thought on it.
114. johnkob14 posted on 21 Jan 2013, 14:52 1 1
I wouldn't say 4.5 is a phablet size. The Nexus is 4.7 and never heard anyone call it a phablet and Galaxy S 3 is around 4.8
115. Googlethis posted on 21 Jan 2013, 15:42 0 1
wasn't saying it was phablet I probably mistyped it was thinking phablet was more 5.0-5.5 screen size sorry I usually type on my phone so I don't always notice my mistakes when I proof read.
2. jroc74 posted on 21 Jan 2013, 01:22 15 5
I dont believe it. I'm calling this one false.
It sound like something an Android manufacture would do. And iPhone Math? It doesnt make any sense...It sounds dumb, almost as bad as the Samsung Foneblet...
23. Nathan_ingx posted on 21 Jan 2013, 02:35 13 1
Even if this is false, it's still is cool!!
We get rumors of 3 new iPhones to mock at.
35. andro. posted on 21 Jan 2013, 03:35 7 1
God the true is a terrible situation for ifans as if it is true then they will have to buy all 3 "new" iphones this year! History has shown that its not a deterent for ifans to buy the exact same apple device over and over again but just with a minimum change. And because these 3 iphones are new apple devices they MUST have them!!
130. iami67 posted on 21 Jan 2013, 18:31 1 1
True three iphones in one year iphone users will be so confused.
42. darkkjedii posted on 21 Jan 2013, 04:45 2 14
This is gonna b a big year for apple, their rep has taken a hit as well,as their stock. If u think they're not gonna respond to this u r nuts. Enjoy the mocking...for now.
49. Nathan_ingx posted on 21 Jan 2013, 06:04 1 1
I never said this is false, or true...mind that O, Sir Jedi.
If this indeed is true, i change my line to- "We will SURELY get the chance to mock at the 3 new iPhones." happy?? Lol.
But let's see what Apple comes with...most of us, including me, would be glad to see an iPhone of 'unconventional' design!!
It's not that i don't like Apple, it's the way they do business.
54. darkkjedii posted on 21 Jan 2013, 06:39 2 6
Hey man some of their business practices piss me off too, but in big business there's no innocence. Whether it Sammy, apple, Pepsi, ford, Nike, or even Sarah Lee. The end goal is the consumers money. One thing I'll say about apple is their products really hold their value at resale time, that rite there makes them good to buy. It's time for apple to re invent their wheel bro. Not the wheel, but their wheel. The iPhone is a tried, and true top notch device, but it's time to step it up. Will they? We'll see
63. Nathan_ingx posted on 21 Jan 2013, 08:01 0 1
Oh boy, i'm not talking about Monetary business here...but sorry, that's my bad. I'm talking about phone manufacturing business...
67. darkkjedii posted on 21 Jan 2013, 08:07 0 4
75. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 21 Jan 2013, 09:10 2 2
And will their devices hold as much value if they flood the market with more products? The iPhone is fast losing identity to itself if this comes to fruition.
78. darkkjedii posted on 21 Jan 2013, 09:35 2 4
Good question, gotta wait n see
80. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 21 Jan 2013, 09:42 1 1
Bigger question I've been wondering; how will apps adjust to three different screen sizes?
The biggest defense of Apple apps is the pixel perfect aspect. Will developers have to make three separate apps to retain that standard or will Apple give up on that and take the Android approach, auto resize them to the screen?
83. darkkjedii posted on 21 Jan 2013, 09:52 1 4
They'd b smart to resize them. Android is not a bad example to follow.
140. cheetah2k posted on 21 Jan 2013, 20:29 0 2
They'd b smart to resize them. Android is not a bad example to *copy*.
84. Nathan_ingx posted on 21 Jan 2013, 09:55 1 1
I'm not defending Apple or anything, but it's high time cell phone apps come with adjustable resolution and aspect ratio in the options menu like PC games. Since almost all screen resolutions come with similar aspect ratio... If one could do that, there won't be any need to worry about the resolution carried by the app. Just a thought...
109. darkkjedii posted on 21 Jan 2013, 13:55 0 1
That's actually an excellent thought bro. +1