Report: This year, Samsung wanted to sell 100 million Samsung Galaxy S4 units and 40 million slates
Samsung has been led in the fourth quarter by the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1(2014 edition). Overall, it has sold 12 million tablets in the final three months of the year. In the first quarter, the company sold 9.1 million tablets, decreasing to 8.4 million units in the second quarter before a strong rebound to 10.5 million slates sold in Q3. It all adds up to 40 million tablets sold this year.
With Samsung Galaxy S4 sales dropping off as the year progressed, Samsung is believed to be focusing on tablets next year and expects to sell 100 million units in 2014.
Thanks, Anonymous Tipster!
source: FNNNews (translated) via GforGames
1. byczybyk (Posts: 18; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
step out of the shadow, dont be shy - tell us who you are ;]
2. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6502; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Don't worry with the number of units they sold this year and before that. they will be THE DOMINATE MANUFACTURE.
5. darkkjedii (Posts: 11463; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I think you meant "THE DOMINANT MANUFACTURER"
21. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
samsung wanted to brainwash 100 mil people this year. Instead they only managed 50 mil. If you don't own a samsung...YOU ARE THE RESISTANCE ! :)
3. AppleHateBoy (unregistered)
Samsung will sell 100 million units if they concentrate on both Android as well as Windows 8 with Bay Tail. Android is quite unproductive. Windows is useful to office goers.
6. darkkjedii (Posts: 11463; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
You should change your name to "HateBoy"
7. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8306; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Disagree completely. To say an Android tablet is unproductive, think about the people who buy one because of:
9. darkkjedii (Posts: 11463; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Combine all 3, and how can you possibly go wrong. +1
22. networkdood (Posts: 6267; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I have been really productive with my Nexus 5 - I can print from my phone - create and modify documents - hey, thanks for playing...
4. darkkjedii (Posts: 11463; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Big time numbers. Big time company. Big time jedii approved.
14. Commentator (Posts: 2425; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Wellness, the darkk side of the force at least.
18. Furbal (Posts: 305; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
Can't wait to see what android can do with proper multi window support. 2014 should be interesting with the next batch of processors
24. networkdood (Posts: 6267; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
My Nexus 2012 tablet does pretty with multi window support - but, I wish it was standard on all Nexus devices...
16. Taters (Posts: 3034; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
100 million GS4's eventually might still be possible. The original S1 sales picked up from buyers that couldn't afford the GS2. So who knows. 100 million in 2013 was shooting too high though.
19. xfire99 (Posts: 515; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
With the prices they currently have and they can forget about it. Even Apple have dropped theirs overpriced devices.
23. networkdood (Posts: 6267; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
S4 prices did not stay at 199 very long - Sprint has it for free, at times - T- Mo has a good deal with it....