Report: Sony Xperia Z to launch on January 15th, beating out next Apple iPhone and Samsung Galaxy S IV
0. phoneArena posted on 29 Dec 2012, 21:37
Speculation from Chinese website ePrice says that the Sony Xperia Z, formerly known as the Sony Yuga, will be launched on January 15th which is exactly one week after the start of CES 2013 where the phone will be introduced; the device is one of Sony's flagship models and will be out before the next Samsung and Apple high-end handsets hit the market...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
20. networkdood posted on 29 Dec 2012, 22:40 2 7
ok, so 'what' exactly about this phone will make me want to buy it?
21. Berzerk000 posted on 29 Dec 2012, 22:45 5 3
Mainly, the camera. Sony is known for having some of the best cameras. That and with a 1080p display with their own Bravia engine, the best processor out right now, and their amazing build quality, it seems to be a pretty great package.
33. PhoneArenaUser posted on 29 Dec 2012, 23:19 0 1
One Source says that color reproduction is perfect for all multimedia applications that use Sony Bravia Engine, in all other applications the picture is much worse. Reflections backlight perfectly visible in the black areas of pictures and it's annoying. Viewing angles are small, because the fall colors, and the reverse side of Bravia Engine.
39. rgxVOiD posted on 29 Dec 2012, 23:39 1 1
Also Dragontrail glass
45. kobainez posted on 30 Dec 2012, 00:16 0 1
That is prototype model of yuga. The final version has better viewing angle and greater colour reproduction
48. PhoneArenaUser posted on 30 Dec 2012, 00:52 0 1
I hope so. :)
69. Pedro0x posted on 30 Dec 2012, 09:44 0 0
Yeah Apple is using Sony:s camera sensor and has better pictures than Sony:s phones because Apple software tweaks it, which Sony either doesn´t or does badly. The display Sony uses is much worse than IPS LCD or a good OLED. Processor is good but GPU is not so good, adreno 320 is good on 720p display but it doesn´t handle 1080p so good. The build quality is very good that I admit.
89. romeo1 posted on 31 Dec 2012, 10:33 0 1
You are wrong about the camera the only thing sony doesn't tweak good is the auto mode in the daylight.
The sony xperia S and T have better cameras than the iphone 5 even the arc does a better job if you have the settings right.
90. romeo1 posted on 31 Dec 2012, 10:36 0 1
and also the display of the sony xperia s and t are better than the all the oleds around (the ips i haven't seen) only problem with the screen is the viewing angles.
But i don't think there are allot of people who look at a video from the side?
93. InspectorGadget80 posted on 31 Dec 2012, 18:12 0 0
BECAUSE it's 5" SCREEN with FULL 1080P. unlike youre tiny iPhone
22. Dacha posted on 29 Dec 2012, 22:49 5 1
Wrong translation by PhoneArena once again. The original article states a January 15th announcement not release date.
23. ryq24 posted on 29 Dec 2012, 22:49 0 1
announcing it is one thing , when it will be available in the market is another. so far, history shows sony is not very good in this department.
25. PapaSmurf posted on 29 Dec 2012, 22:55 3 3
I'm not a fan of Sony's UI, but the specs of the phone is a force to be reckoned with.
70. Pedro0x posted on 30 Dec 2012, 09:49 0 0
It is almost same specs as Droid DNA, but Sony should have better camera and DNA much better screen.
76. Insignificant posted on 30 Dec 2012, 12:57 0 0
Sorry, you're crazy. Bravia Engine 2 and Sony actually using their best screens = rip competition.
27. reyenrique posted on 29 Dec 2012, 22:59 0 1
l like the sound of it an more android phone on the market good for Sony!!! ^-^
30. oister85 posted on 29 Dec 2012, 23:08 3 1
Man I'm exited for sony hopefully I can get this phone for upgrade
37. mrdamian0708 posted on 29 Dec 2012, 23:31 1 8
The specs are nice, but this is where Sony and every other OEM starts to slide down, the outdated android OS that's said to be on it out of the box.
38. mrdamian0708 posted on 29 Dec 2012, 23:34 0 6
The specs are nice but this is where Sony and every other OEM starts to go downhill, the outdated android OS.
41. datsyuk posted on 29 Dec 2012, 23:58 2 4
Looks like an awesome phone but that A15 CPU coming in the S4 will be well worth it.
44. kobainez posted on 30 Dec 2012, 00:09 1 1
15th is nt the launch date PA, its the press conference for the phone! *facepalm*
58. bipinm posted on 30 Dec 2012, 02:41 0 0
u r right...just a press conference...PA should get their facts right....
52. a961009 posted on 30 Dec 2012, 02:04 2 6
Always Sony's UI looks so ugly. Even worse than Samsung Touchwiz
62. zazori08 posted on 30 Dec 2012, 04:33 3 1
i like sonys minimalist approach on the ui unlike samsungs touchwiz which i feel like burning in my eyes especially on their 2.3 UI.
96. gazmatic posted on 01 Jan 2013, 09:53 0 0
53. black_lance posted on 30 Dec 2012, 02:08 0 2
Why can't all those OEM bring something completely new, instead just improving the hardware. There is no notable feature to push me to buy this flagship phones. sony and samsung talked about flexible displays for years, why we are not able to get hands on those technologies still ?. It is almost 2013. I will say this is to all OEM: don't stagnate, it's boring.
73. masterchina posted on 30 Dec 2012, 12:26 0 0
I used to really like Sony products, when I was in the 7th grade!
78. Jyakotu posted on 30 Dec 2012, 13:12 0 0
When I start going the unlocked phone + prepaid SIM card route, I will definitely have Sony as my #1 choice. I love thier UI and their designs are perfect. And while their colors aren't as vibrant as the Nokia Lumia series of phones, I like that they at least try to make different colors for their phones.
81. InspectorGadget80 posted on 30 Dec 2012, 19:25 0 0
BEST NEWS I HEAR ALL YEAR. Can't wait for CES!!!!
86. phonemirer posted on 31 Dec 2012, 09:37 0 0
sorry people, but probably no 2013 phone can beat the nokia 808 in camera, remember that phones are still stuck on the moar mpx phase, lenses are very important.
Anyway, most of the times, nature > tech
The human eye has 250 mpx and better autofocus better than any camera, nuff said
91. romeo1 posted on 31 Dec 2012, 10:45 0 0
The mp race is over if you did'nt know they already made 20mp+ phones.
But sony is improving the sensors at the moment the exmor r was already a big improvement and now it is the stacked exmor rs sensor in this beast.
And probably also an glass lens as they would make it out of glass and alluminium
95. gazmatic posted on 01 Jan 2013, 09:51 0 0
this sony is setting up to be real decent.... amma by it....
my first xperia phone ('v')
98. rcwfox2002 posted on 04 Jan 2013, 03:35 0 0
Anyone have any guess on the carrier. I'm hoping Verizon but it seems by the name and bands it's going to T-mobile or AT&T :(