Report: Sony Xperia Z to launch on January 15th, beating out next Apple iPhone and Samsung Galaxy S IV
0. phoneArena 29 Dec 2012, 21:37 posted on
Speculation from Chinese website ePrice says that the Sony Xperia Z, formerly known as the Sony Yuga, will be launched on January 15th which is exactly one week after the start of CES 2013 where the phone will be introduced; the device is one of Sony's flagship models and will be out before the next Samsung and Apple high-end handsets hit the market...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Lol ... they have to write iphone in every article :)
46. kobainez (Posts: 429; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
They mentioned s3 and iphone almost in every article
71. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1236; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
yeah those two alwways find a mention...but this may be a samrt move by Sony breakiing their traditional launch cycle. this handset looks promising and Sony may just have a chance of having a good year in 2013!
24. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
One source says that that Sony Xperia Z (a.k.a. Yuga) will support SDXC memory cards up to 128GB.
Nenamark: 60 FPS
Vellamo: 2185 (HTML5)
29. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Camera will be 12MP not 13MP.
There will be new screen to unlock.
New Walkman features.
32GB of internal storage + 128GB through (Isn't it amazing
31. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
32GB of internal storage + 128GB through SDXC memory card + USB host feature, isn't it amazing? :)
36. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Bluetooth version 4 with 2 Mbps data rate.
HDR will be available not only for the photos, but also for the VIDEO!!!
42. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Talking about display it is 5" with FullHD resolution, color reproduction is perfect for all multimedia applications that use Sony Bravia Engine, in all other applications the picture is much worse. Reflections backlight perfectly visible in the black areas of pictures and it's annoying. Viewing angles are small. Density is 440 pixels per inch.
Micro HDMI and micro USB are covered with plastic plugs attached to the hull.
Main camera 12MP with single LED flash.
Possibility to wirelessly stream 1080p to compatible devices.
Sorry if I'm a bit "flooding". :)
47. kobainez (Posts: 429; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Its actually 13mp normal mode. In HDR mode it limits to 12mp only
67. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 813; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
The Display and the Non-removable battery is a bummer for me.
85. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 813; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Just read comment 42 by PAUser, my supposed answer is there.
80. JunBringer (Posts: 137; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
Do they even make 128GB microSDXC yet? or are they talking about regular SDXC?
50. RamyRamz69 (Posts: 390; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
No bro it will be 13, the person who reviewed the phone was using it on iAuto+ :)
87. romeo1 (Posts: 719; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
no it will be 13mp but in "super auto mode" the camera can only go to 12mp ;)
64. darkkjedii (Posts: 21733; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
iPhone 5, and s3 r the benchmark phones that's why.
75. Insignificant (Posts: 192; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
iPhone is the benchmark phone for all low/mid ends. The S3 didn't blow away most of the competition like the S2 did. The phone race is becoming wilder by the year. This year, I don't think there was a true benchmark phone.
5. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Not until media is there ... as Apple manages media pretty well. Even if Apple rfeleases a crap screen entire media goes drooling over how good it looks.
26. mick25 (banned) (Posts: 110; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
You don't even know what you're talking about.
Apple gained their market share from being there first. If other manufacturers release their flagship model to compete with the iPhone before the next iPhone generation is released, they have much more potential to gain market share by becoming the incumbent. That was Samsung's strategy with the S3, and it was indisputably effective.
79. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
If that was so apple should have been finished by now. I think i know what i am talking precisely :)
83. imkyle (Posts: 1074; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
If that was the case Apple would have been going down when the Galaxy S II came out.
4. cGmC11 (Posts: 142; Member since: 02 Apr 2012)
Sound like that AT&T will unveil this phone in your unpacked event at CES!
11. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
That's what I'm hoping for :) if i dont get the GS IV this will be my top pick