Report: Samsung Galaxy S IV to have Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 inside; boot screen leaks
0. phoneArena 23 Feb 2013, 07:24 posted on
According to an insider, it looks like the Samsung Galaxy S IV will be powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor instead of a Samsung Exynos one because of heating issues with the latter; while the HTC One will use a Snapdragon 600 processor clocked at 1.7GHz, the one used on the next flagship Samsung handset will be set at 1.9GHz...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
114. b1acktiger (Posts: 223; Member since: 19 May 2012)
There is more than 3 names you mentioned who are making Displays. Sharp, Auo, Japan Displays and So on.. Worth mentioning Samsung and LG. but Sony is not known for the best displays in Mobile Industry as far as i know. Sharp can easily replace.
89. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Samsung is familiar with all types of displays, not just OLED. Look at the Nexus 10 screen, it is brilliant.
104. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
The LG Optimus G display is amazing. When I saw the wall paper of the pebbles I was like holy crap.
36. abdane (Posts: 494; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
AMOLED is better on low-res screens such as the GS2, but going 720p+ LCD is better, viewing angles and brightness, and real colors... i'm okay with LCD, but still hoping for this:
a variant with snapdragon 600 and LTE
a variant with Exynos OCTA and no LTE
159. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
waaahhh.. SOMETHINGS WRONG WITH THE FONT/LETTER ARRANGEMENT IN THAT BOOT SCREEN!!!
the "g" in samsung should always be on top of the "X" in GALAXY
just like in all galaxies...
8. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
the article ddnt emphasized the Solux display which can affect the customers so big..
I want a SuperAmoled :(
hope this is just an unwanted rumor!
13. wendygarett (unregistered)
Superamoled and exynos is reserved to Sammy tizen, an os who tend to be ignored by public... Tizen is going to success right after the android...
19. amansingal14 (Posts: 309; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
"Tizen is going to success after the android"
You turned Sammy from Apple?
24. wendygarett (unregistered)
Sammy learn the lessons from bada for making too much low end phone... Sammy said before during the ces and say tizen will be as competitive as flagship phone...
29. VZWuser76 (Posts: 3567; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
They used QC in the GS3 US variants because of the LTE issue, but anywhere else got the exynos processor. I believe the US versions of the Note2 had the exynos.
And most Samsung phones have a super amoled screen. The only thing was pentile being used in the super amoled HD versions. Most are hoping for a non pentile super amoled HD at 1080p. But Samsung has always used amoled screens for almost all of their phones, to the point where its a shock if they use something else.
34. wendygarett (unregistered)
Why do you think it shock? People choose Samsung because it make better hardware than other turf device, they careless the screen quality tho... And the pentile screen prove us all...
9. WitchMX (Posts: 2; Member since: 17 Feb 2013)
I like the square form, and the specs seem alright, nothing to be surprised about after the Xperia Z and the HTC One. Can anyone explain me what a FHD SoLux screen is? how is it compared to the SAmoled or SLCD3? Too bad they are sticking with the plastic back, I hope at least is not glossy but with some nice finish like the back of the Galaxy Nexus
18. amansingal14 (Posts: 309; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
SoLux, according to some websites, is the successor of SLCD-2. This might mean that it is a synonym of SLCD-3
108. uvaman (Posts: 34; Member since: 14 Jan 2013)
SoLux displays have improved viewing angles, outdoor visibility, and color accuracy, compared to regular LCDs. HTC calls the display on the One Super LCD 3, so I am not sure if it’s a different tech or just a rebranding. > Androidauthority
10. eDiesel (Posts: 142; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
Eeeeeeeewwwwwww look at the lcd light bleed. Lcd is inferior.
125. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1115; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Sorry, Samsung's LCD is inferior, my HTC One X has no light bleed whatsoever.
138. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
I've seen light bleed on One X and also Sensation xe, so can't agree with you on that.
11. mydi.maus (unregistered)
plastic on back?aluminum on the sides? why not the otther way around,..aluminum on back.
WHATS wrong with octa cant fit in the phone?
15. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
they want its battery to be removable...
112. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Aluminum back doesn't mean a non removable back.
I could give you plenty of examples, but this will do:
=galaxy+s3+aluminum+case&hl=en &gl=US&source=android-browser&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source= univ&sa=X&ei=9fQoUdKrDpHPsgasi ICgAg&ved=0CEkQsAQ&biw=360&bih =640#p=0
So, I really don't see why Samsung would go with a plastic back if sides are aluminum.
But oh well, let's wait and see
156. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
huh? those r just casings..
if ull have a removable back cover, aluminum back will be very difficult for one to remove and put it back unless there's good way made for it/..
65. rgxVOiD (Posts: 440; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
the problem is not that it cant fit in the phone, the problem is that its not even in production
91. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
A15 compatible with small batteries is not ready yet. Makes you wonder if the Tegra 4 is gimped A15 or real A15 though.
14. Firedrops (Posts: 249; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
Wow. A galaxy flagship with neither Samsung's in-house Exynos nor AMOLED, that won't go down well in the market.
21. amansingal14 (Posts: 309; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
4 is an unlucky no. in South Korea
Source - PhoneArena.
read the second para...
16. faisolbauuz (Posts: 121; Member since: 05 Jan 2013)
Hmm is the ones using snapdragon 600 is international version ? Ithink it will be like sgs3 the us version uses snapdragon and the international version will uses exynos chip
17. MrJerry (Posts: 403; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
The photo is fake 100%
1: the black on amold is pure black
2: the bezel is too tick
3: the font is different
33. shuaibhere (Posts: 1983; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Agree with you....
Font size is very big....i9500 looks very big..and bezel is too thick..
But in screen's case rumour itself says it's not amoled....so no point in that..
20. BigBoss10 (Posts: 264; Member since: 31 Aug 2012)
I liked more the squared design than the S3 round design makes the phone looks old one
93. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
The problem with the square designs is that although they look nicer, they also make the phone feel huge. The LG Optimus G is smaller than the Nexus 4 but it feels way WAY bigger because of the square design. I am hoping Samsung doesn't turn into an LG or HTC just for looks and cave in on superior ergonomics.
Only reason such a large handset sold so much was because of the round design. Otherwise half of that 30 million would be like it feels too big and pass on it.
168. henrickrw (Posts: 408; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Part of me thinks that design and materials are irrelevant: as long as there is a good quality screen and amazing hardware powering the software you see, then who really cares about design? At the end of the day, you should be paying for what a device is able to do, and how well it does it, not what it looks like. In my opinion, this is wholly the reason why Samsung Mobile has become so successful today. Since the Galaxy S and Galaxy SII, they have consistently provided the most cutting edge hardware with a well-rounded and customisable software. It certainly hasn’t been design which has won Samsung rave reviews for it’s mobile phones.
25. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Hmmm, Note 3 it is then, key lime pie and hopefully snapdragon 800/Exynos 5 Octa with 3GB of RAM (hopefully Mali T678 or Power VR). Kinda makes you realise samsung makes only 2 high ends compared to 20 mid-to-low ends due to supply constraints.
26. cR203 (Posts: 199; Member since: 27 Jan 2013)
I hope this is fake. No super amoled hd or exynos? The processor I could understand but no super amoled. That's a feature that makes samsung phones unique.
27. Loubielou (Posts: 492; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
So Glad it will be a Square type,as getting Screen Protectors for the S3 was somewhat annoying, as loads did not fit the Full Screen which was very annoying an spoilt the look of the S3
30. henrickrw (Posts: 408; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
I will wait until it's released. We shouldn't speculate. At the end of the day if you like it, buy it, if not, move along. :)
31. GoBears (Posts: 447; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
As much as I enjoy Samsung phones, no phone announced yet is enough to sway me from my Note2. Actually I'm a little disappointed if this pic and stats are real.
32. nobelset (Posts: 270; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
What I'm worried about is HOW the hell are they going to sell 100million of these, what is the selling point?
105. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Best handset available overall is enough of a selling point. They just have to be slightly better than the HTC One and Apple iphone5s in enough categories, which isn't too hard from what I have seen so far.
39. kobainez (Posts: 425; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
are they trying to copy xperia z design? the square design and the dimensions are almost the same...
47. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Square design? Sorry but this is a f*cking RECTANGLE!
And since when did Sony hold the patent for square design?
52. kobainez (Posts: 425; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Cant accept the fact that sammy is a copycat?
58. maccess (Posts: 742; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
can't accept the fact that you're such a butthurt sony fan??
69. maccess (Posts: 742; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
yeah right.. i'm the butthurt one because i have a square phone..
59. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
if they really copy all features etc, then why would a person choose the galaxy phone if those features are the same with others?
thats how sammy renders the smartest move among the bunch and makes whats appealing to all..
fine, ull say marketing
95. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
There are only three arguments against Samsung from the butthurt fans.
The fact that out of all the millions of butthurt Sony, Apple, and HTC fans in the world pooling their intelligence(or lack of) could only come up with those issues shows you how good the Samsung products are.
98. urtard (banned) (Posts: 82; Member since: 30 Jan 2013)
LOL at all these butthurt fans saying "SAMSUNG IS ONLY SELLING A LOT BECAUSE OF MARKETING!"
Then why don't every other companies market like Samsung then? Want to know why? Because they don't want to market cr@p! LOL
126. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1115; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Sorry but this must be the stupidest comment i have seen today. They don't do marketing like Samsung because they can't afford it? Samsung is the top dog right now and they are profiting a lot, and they are doing the right thing which is market the hell out of the product, just like Apple does. More marketing = more people aware of the product.
136. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
More people being aware of a product definitely helps, but it still wouldn't mean a thing if the product you market sucks and a much superior product exists.
Truth is you can't say for sure what the driving reason for sales is. It could be anything from the product being appealing, to marketing, to brand power, to design etc. It is completely naive and foolish to assume that marketing is the sole driving factor.
64. nobelset (Posts: 270; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
You're right, you're an extremely wise person, your intellect is enough to outsmart the whole world. Now go back to your cave and continue drawing pictures of a unicorn.
127. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1115; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Is it just me or are Sony fanboys getting stupider by the minute? According to them everyone is a copycat, the HTC One is a copy of the Xperia P when they don't even lookalike, the Galaxy S IV is a copy of the Xperia Z when the S2 was rectangular before the Z. F*** logic.
49. maccess (Posts: 742; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
uhmm.. dude the galaxy s2 had square design long time before the xperia z
51. kobainez (Posts: 425; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Well the s2 design is copied from iphone and the iphone design is copied frm sony jony...
55. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
and so, ur just referring to the "copying XZ" mania ek ek
57. maccess (Posts: 742; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
oh whatever sony boy or should i say samsung hater..