Report: Nokia considers building a phablet for 2014
0. phoneArena 21 May 2013, 15:23 posted on
According to a published report, Nokia is considering producing a phablet that would be released in 2014; previous speculation from earlier this month suggested that the Finnish based carrier was working on a 6 inch phablet that would be released in Q4 of this year. Pricing was rumored to be in a range of £400 to £500 ($621 USD to $776 USD) for the device which would be powered by Windows Phone 8...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
WP 8.x to be more exact, but then who's counting? ;o)
13. Credo (Posts: 720; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
I had a feeling you would react like this before i even opened this page, not suprised, it's actually funny you waste time to let Windows Phone lovers lol every time ! :D
17. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
So you're saying you would rather still enjoy Wp8 in 2014, and not Wp9, how so weird!
Looks like you lot don't want Wp8 to progress?
Wp9. Would improve alot: support 1080p, quadcore, 444Ppi, Adreno320,330 Gpu, better enhanced open source feautres...
23. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
The Windows Blue patch is due to be released next month, and will offer a ton of improvements for both the desktop OS and Windows Phone...
However, Android and iOS both need to update their look and functions. The speed at which Android runs on low end and mid-range mobile devices is absolutely pitiful!
25. trexnkrumpets (Posts: 45; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
That naming isn't good for marketing. Since prev owners of wp7 devices didn't have compatibility with wp8. WP8 is a different beast where it can be upgraded a LOT more easily. New Version's going forward with 8 don't leave Developers in the dust to Redo their apps from the ground up with each release. Windows Phone 8: Blue is what I bet they'll go with. It sounds better. And they're not going to release WINDOWS 9 next year. They want it to be universal between all their devices (Microsoft). Than after Blue, they can call it whatever the heck they want like how Android is like ... Froyo... Gingerbread...Ice Cream Sammywich... JellyBean... KeyLime Pie. (Windows Phone 8: Blue, Durango?, yadaydaydayda)
22. akki20892 (Posts: 3798; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
5'' inch screen 1080p, quad core 2 or 3GB ram, better gpu, and some nokia's goodies.
24. sharks (Posts: 199; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
Nobody cares. Just give me Android 5.0: Key Lime Pie already!
5. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3190; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Will you stop with the brick thingy if i hit you with it??
11. Damo579 (Posts: 242; Member since: 18 May 2013)
I have a 920 and the weight doesn't bother me,considreing the hardware that's inside.
19. SleepingOz (unregistered)
26. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
Mid-range hardware which performs like High end hardware. learn to complete the sentences.
29. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
And how that change what SleepingOz has said? You just admitted with SleepingOz that it is mid-range hardware.
30. Emily1985 (Posts: 127; Member since: 08 Nov 2012)
2012, Nokia “HAAC” Rich Recording -------> 2013,on htc one
2012, Nokia OIS ---------------------------------> 2013, on htc one
2012, Nokia low light performance ----------> 2013, on htc one
2012, Nokia super sensitive screern--------->2013, on samsung galaxy s4
2012, Nokia wireless charging-----------------> maybe in 2014 on htc and samsung .
You have something more clever to say?
4. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3190; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Hm...what more can i say about the sizes? They're getting too big for my own face.
Holding it and operating it or typing on to a phablet isn't much of a problem, the problem comes when you cover your face with it for a call.
15. timepilot84 (Posts: 112; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
That's only a problem if you have an elfin head.
6. krimHD (Posts: 106; Member since: 23 May 2012)
it would be nice if its a full windows 8 phablet...anyway more inprovements will surely come to windows phone..lets just wait and see :)
7. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
What the hell you want a Pc operating system on a phone... That's like have os X on the iPhone.. . There are mobile oses for a reason...
8. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
yes! Hopefully it will have windows 8 functionality or at least an updated windows phone 9 UI, I think Nokia are savouring this up in time to rival either the Note 3 or dare day....Note 4. I actually don't mind them taking their time with this as long as it churns out a decent return and has up to date specifications with the added pureview 41 mp sensor, guaranteed that Samsung will be taking Nokia as a serious threat in this department.
10. jibraihimi (Posts: 718; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Hope they keep the bezel to minimum, because if the bezel on this 6" device is about the size of Lumia 920/925/928, then it will be bigger in size than Galaxy Tab 7.0
14. Credo (Posts: 720; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
The bezel on the Lumia 920 is beautifull, i never liked bezel's, but i have to admitt, i love it on my 920 ;)
12. -box- (Posts: 3978; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
HTC Titan II had a 4.7" screen as I recall. Granted, WP7.5, but when using superlatives one must strive for accuracy
16. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3478; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
True. The original Titan also had a 4.7" screen.
18. WakaFlakaD (Posts: 419; Member since: 30 Apr 2011)
HD2 is always the golden example of being a large phonel Love it!
20. Taters (Posts: 5018; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Since the 920 was 10.6 mm thick and 185g, that would ballpark this to be the same size and weight as a Nexus 7 or iPad mini. Oh my..would that even be considered a phablet. The 920 is already the same weight as one and its bulkyness wasn't too far behind phablet levels already...
27. bomariam1 (Posts: 30; Member since: 08 May 2012)
Nokia and bad choises, I have through my WP8 laptop away.
why they don't do like HTC, SONY and SAMSUNG.
they don't stick to one IOS.
and yes I sold Lumia 920 becuase it runs WP, and toke HTC ONE.
28. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
oh really ?you sold your L920 because it runs on WP8 ...
if that's the reason then why you bought it in first place.....
I must say you have bad taste....