Report: Motorola DROID RAZR to get Android 4.0.4 update on June 12th
0. phoneArena posted on 05 Jun 2012, 23:25
According to CNET, the long awaited Android 4.0 update for the Motorola DROID RAZR will begin on or around June 12th; the reason why the update didn't come in May was because the servers sending out the update from Android 4.0.3 to Android 4.0.4...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. KingKurogiii posted on 05 Jun 2012, 23:35 2 1
you guys know that the video is just a walkthrough of the Nexus and ICS right? xD
3. mas11 posted on 05 Jun 2012, 23:41 1 0
Here are the real videos that show what ICS will look like on the DROID RAZRhttp://www.droid-life.com/2012/05/26/motorola-demo s-ice-cream-sandwich-for-the-droid-razr-in-officia l-video-series-watch-them-all-here/
4. KingKurogiii posted on 05 Jun 2012, 23:43 2 2
yeah, i know what it looks like. i've been running it for over a month.
7. mas11 posted on 05 Jun 2012, 23:49 2 0
Well I know you know haha, I'm just providing a link for other readers.
8. KingKurogiii posted on 06 Jun 2012, 00:10 2 1
ah okay, sense has been made. xD
2. mas11 posted on 05 Jun 2012, 23:35 1 0
I actually think this rumor is true. Motorola said the update would be out in Q2 and there are only 3.5 weeks left in the quarter.
5. KingKurogiii posted on 05 Jun 2012, 23:44 2 1
should be. the .84 build i'm running works almost perfectly.
6. Sniggly posted on 05 Jun 2012, 23:44 0 2
Nice. Only two months late. It's roughly on the same timetable as when the Atrix got Gingerbread last year.
9. androidornothing posted on 06 Jun 2012, 00:30 2 2
Ahhh who cares im preordering Galaxy s3 tommorow!!!!! eeeeee!!!!
11. KingKurogiii posted on 06 Jun 2012, 01:06 2 1
you do that, i'll be on Droid Razr HD watch. ;)
12. Droid_X_Doug posted on 06 Jun 2012, 01:13 2 0
That makes two of us. I am wondering what the RAZR HD's specs will look like, since HTC and Sammy have raised the bar going into the Fall shopping season.
13. KingKurogiii posted on 06 Jun 2012, 01:34 2 1
going by any rumor that has come out of the mill for this thing it looks to be pretty solid. definitely something i wouldn't be afraid to put next to someone's SIII. o:
23. sgogeta4 posted on 06 Jun 2012, 15:51 0 3
Doesn't matter if they have better hardware, on VZW they still have a locked bootloader. Even though there is a work around, it has severely crippled the community support, which is a deal breaker for me.
25. KingKurogiii posted on 06 Jun 2012, 16:22 2 1
it really doesn't matter, i mean have you seen ICS for Motorola? stock should serve most speed demons and common users quite well.
14. Mxyzptlk posted on 06 Jun 2012, 02:21 0 10
Another reason to not get a Moto phone. Look at how long it took to get ICS.
15. Whateverman posted on 06 Jun 2012, 02:33 6 0
Simple answer for you then... Don't buy one.
Thanks for playing!
21. Mxyzptlk posted on 06 Jun 2012, 15:48 0 4
I wasn't playing. I rather invest my money on quality devices. Everything Moto makes tends to stop working like it should after about six months to a year.
26. Whateverman posted on 06 Jun 2012, 16:50 2 0
Your saying this to a guy who still owns the OG Droid, the Droid X, and now the very happy owner of the Droid Razr. :)
You theory doesn't whole water my friend. Their feature phones... Okay, they do suck! But their Droids kick ass!
16. btbotimtim posted on 06 Jun 2012, 04:04 1 0
My rezound takes longer I guess.
Although I am running a leaked RUU with sense 4.0 ported, I just want to see the official ICS.
24. Berzerk000 posted on 06 Jun 2012, 16:15 2 0
This actually isn't very long considering when you look at the competition in ICS updates. The only devices in the US with an official ICS update right now are a few HTC devices and the Nexus'. So, in the timeline, the updates went like this;
Google updates the Nexus S (and they were even late)
HTC updates the Vivid, Amaze, Sensation, and releases 3 devices with ICS
Motorola is releasing ICS to the Razr in a few days, and more soon to come after that.
Samsung hasn't released any ICS yet, and probably won't until mid June/early July.
Right now, HTC and Motorola are ahead of everyone else. And even if Motorola was the last to roll out updates, so what? We don't need your commentary on every Motorola article saying how they don't update their devices. If you don't like it, here's a concept, don't get a Moto device. Stop complaining. If updates are that important to you, get a Nexus and quit with your incessant attempts at trolling Moto. They make good products, and even if they are a little slow with updates, their devices still run seamlessly on the version of Android they are on. The Razr is an amazing phone, whether running GB or ICS.
17. i3izkit311 posted on 06 Jun 2012, 08:12 0 1
Is it possible that this update will NOT include the Maxx?
20. mas11 posted on 06 Jun 2012, 12:34 3 0
No it definitely will come to the MAXX. That's because the RAZR MAXX is essentially the RAZR with a giant battery. The software and every other piece of hardware inside the phone is exactly the same.
18. Zorin posted on 06 Jun 2012, 09:17 0 0
What are the real stand out 'differences, pros/cons' between the old and new update??
19. networkdood posted on 06 Jun 2012, 10:51 1 0
Just get the Axiom version of 4.0.4 ICS and then wait for a dev to custom a version if the official version of 4.0.4 ...less Verizon crap the better and it will probably run faster, too. Or, you could use TiBu and then add the tweaks in manually.
I have been using Axiom since February...runs very well.
27. Sparhawk posted on 12 Jun 2012, 11:47 0 0
If this update is still happening today, does anyone know what time it becomes available?