Report: Microsoft to team-up developers for Windows Phone and Windows
This is not a merger of the two app stores. There is speculation that the Windows Store will combine with the Windows Phone Store at some point down the road. That rumor was confirmed months ago by Terry Myerson, the Microsoft executive VP in charge of the software firm's operating systems.
If this report turns out to be true, this would be a small first step toward the eventual merger of Windows and Windows Phone, something that has been rumored since the release of Windows Phone 8.
source: WPDang (translated) via WPCentral
1. androiphone20 (Posts: 1654; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
my apologies to M$ fans but whenever I see the word 'Windows' it feels like the 90's
10. terabyteRouser (Posts: 457; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
clearly wasn't addressed to you... but i catch your drift.
14. Dastrix (unregistered)
I take it you don't ever plan on going back to awesomeness either...
9. Kishin (Posts: 703; Member since: 30 May 2013)
I use both Mac and PC
But PC lets me Multi task better
18. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2100; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
He probably uses , one of those cheap chome OS laptops . LMAO
5. valapsp (Posts: 542; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
My apologies to you but whenever I see comments like yours two words come to my mind: shut up!
15. Dastrix (unregistered)
Round of applause for failing at getting thumbs up...
17. shreyas.s666 (Posts: 80; Member since: 24 Aug 2012)
Overly attached apple/android fan.just one word for you "shut the hell up" and go play angry birds and we'll play battle field for
7. ausnote2 (Posts: 84; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
get rid of tiles. it is an inefficient way of displaying icons and taken up by colour background.
8. papss (unregistered)
No way... Why go backwards with standard grid icons? I much prefer the look of WP to myspace.
11. terabyteRouser (Posts: 457; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
tiles are polarizing. you love em or hate em.
16. ausnote2 (Posts: 84; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
very true indeed. i think tile is utter crap and should revert back to windows 6.5 ui. unfortunately for ms i can't see it grow more than 15% even after 100 years. the sooner ms realise this ignoring all the fanboy the better.
for the fanboy of ms, one question is how long do you propose to give tiles the benefit of doubt. heading over 5 years now????
12. elitewolverine (Posts: 4166; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
ummmm tiles are icons, adjustable icons, with adjustable live information.
A icon is a flipphone from the 90's, a tile is a smartphone of today, able to do so much more.
Sorry icons should have been gone with windows xp.
13. cripton805 (Posts: 1220; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
This is how they are pushing developers away... This should have happened a long time ago. How about free subscriptions for now until they have a decent user base? It will be less of a risk and it's a good time to fight back aggressive with their Lumia 525 while they have the chance with a better app store.
19. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2100; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
I use both , windows 8.1 and OSX Mavericks,, W8.1 for gaming , and OSX for video editing.. They both work well
20. ihavenoname (Posts: 1670; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Windows for work and gaming, OS X for spare time and all sorts of editing.