Report: LG Optimus G2 and others to be unveiled on August 7th
0. phoneArena 22 Jun 2013, 06:39 posted on
On Thursday, we told you that LG had sent out invites to an "international media event" scheduled for August 7th in New York City; a published report on Saturday says that the LG Optimus G2 (LG-D800) will be unveiled at the event. The Korean manufacturer wants to steal the thunder away from its hometown rival Samsung by introducing the model before the Samsung Galaxy Note III sees the light of day...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. FlushGordon (unregistered)
Too bad they're always LATE in most countries
It's been a damn while since the G Pro has been released and it is yet to arrive in our shores
7. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3484; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Are you American? If so, AT&T has been carrying it for months.
27. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
It is available in my country too. Where do you live?
2. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Qui can't wait for this powerhouse, and 6 days after my birthday....yay!
3. wendygarett (unregistered)
I wish it's onscreen button, but why the ui....
I prefer stock ui or Huawei ui onscreen button
10. flynfree (Posts: 374; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
I most interested to L9 II with on screen button,
I saw the L9 in tmobile store and I like the design concept of it.
41. TheLolGuy (Posts: 483; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
Onscreen buttons are nice. I just wish they gave it an option to be transparent. (or maybe it already is an option)
Like if any of you are familiar with the GS4 (or any other phone that does the same) the top notification bar thats normally black is transparent on the GS4 TouchWiz skin. Maybe add a smart functionality that automatically changes the colors of the buttons so that they stay visible when the color of the wallpaper/app background changes.
4. pwnarena (Posts: 1050; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
that looks like a samsung phone. seems lg is copying the samsung formula to success.
36. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Can you tell which Samsung device is similar to this leaked LG device?
5. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Ah, my next phone! So, do I need to wait until next year for this phone to arrive in my country? I guess so. We all know that LG is always late to release their phones to most countries. -__-'
But nevertheless, bring it on LG!
31. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
No you won't have to wait. LG is improving.
Bring it on LG!
We need refreshed UI!
6. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
The L9 II sounds like a decent model, pity it's still on 4.1.2, plus it has the decent size that many would go for. But no doubt the star of the show is the G2, cannot wait to see what LG bring.
13. Kevinphantom (Posts: 82; Member since: 17 Jun 2013)
Hell ya the design is away better than note 3 like it is very beautiful amazing design I expected to note 3 to be like this
15. roldefol (Posts: 3359; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Very very curious about this phone. Looks like a really nice, streamlined design with a UI closer to stock than past Optimus. And LG would have learned from the Nexus 4 just like Samsung learned from the Nexus S and GNex. Big question will be carrier support. Can LG get all the major carriers on board like Samsung and HTC have their flagships?
18. imkyle (Posts: 1053; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
If LG does make the next Nexus phone, I hope it is based off of their leaked G2 leak.
24. roldefol (Posts: 3359; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
With the obvious difference being pricing, a G2 Google Edition would practically be the Nexus 5.
23. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7043; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
LG Doing good pushing out their Optimus line up. Now they need too put it on every carrier if they want sales
28. Kevinphantom (Posts: 82; Member since: 17 Jun 2013)
New company now builds 4gb ddr3 ram for smartphones but I don't know why it didn't used ? In any new smartphones
30. papss (unregistered)
I love the specs G2 but can't get past the design language they have went to.. Why did they stop designing like they did with the G? I hate the SS design.. The front even bothers me... Why LG? I want to love you.. Hell the price for the pro is crazy cheap right now and would almost get it but I know we are on the cusp of the S800 phones
45. selena1000 (Posts: 84; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
i kinda think that g2 looks better than galaxy s4
46. roldefol (Posts: 3359; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I think the G2 looks much better than the S4 and is at least evolving phone design with buttonless streamlining. I eagerly await this device and hope it comes to Verizon.
49. Taters (Posts: 5089; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
LG has the nicest looking phones, but they kind of went bizzaro with the Nexus 4, Optimus Pro, and this.
Their candy bar back slab designs are gorgeous and they should stick to it no matter what the haters say. Sony is sticking to it and LG should too.