Report: LG G3 and LG Isai FL are two different models says the Korean manufacturer
0. phoneArena 09 May 2014, 11:59 posted on
With the LG Isai FL now official, having been introduced Thursday by KDDI, many have taken a long look at the handset, thinking that it might give away clues about the upcoming LG G3. The Isai FL is a sequel to last year's Isai, which did share some design cues and specs with the LG G2. But on Friday morning, the Korean based manufacturer made it clear that the Isai is a different model altogether than its upcoming flagship...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wargreymon (Posts: 667; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
Anything that points towards G3 having Snapdragon 805 makes me happy :)
3. DEATHSTROKE9 (Posts: 399; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
First find out what iSAI has. I think it should be sd805 cause that's the only soc capable of handling QHD resolution.
4. wargreymon (Posts: 667; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
You could read the article and you would see it has a Snapdragon 801-AC.
6. DEATHSTROKE9 (Posts: 399; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
I skimmed through the article. Sorry I missed that part but the real question is how can SD801 power such a beastly display (in terms of screen res)? That is the right question.
8. tech2 (Posts: 3279; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Why wouldn't 801 handle QHD? Aren't Samsung pro tablets already handling QHD ?
9. wargreymon (Posts: 667; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
I dont think any game is so intense today that it would make this phone lag. Except some badly coded games.
14. Gamas_K (Posts: 70; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
Oppo Find 7? It also use QHD display and S801
15. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
The E5422 E5420 Tegra4 intel Baytrail destroys the S805
What did you or are you not aware
Still relying on 2 years old glorified A9 Cortex
17. DEATHSTROKE9 (Posts: 399; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Alright I get it. I just want SD805 in G3.
20. Ashoaib (Posts: 3223; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Ofcourse these are two different models, one names lg iai and the other lg g3... even twin brothers have different names
2. DEATHSTROKE9 (Posts: 399; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Am sure the G3 will be awesome and I will upgrade to it but I would like to say that the LG isai depresses me; it's drawing board UI and the "ISAI" logo on the front instead of LG looks insanely cheap. I know that LG G3 will have a much better UI but I have been seeing this LG Isai phone and it's just depressing. The LG G3 will alleviate my depression I am sure.
7. jimbo1mcm (Posts: 23; Member since: 07 May 2014)
With the announcement I have hope that the G3 will have the rumored super specs of the Snapdragon 805, micro sd and 3200maH removable battery. Hope it also still has the wireless charging I am using on my Verizon G2. Waterproofing I can take or leave.
10. redbaronk12 (Posts: 79; Member since: 14 Dec 2013)
Agree with jimbo1mcm but I want the waterproof. Also hoping it's bright enough for outdoor use.
11. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
The best phones are coming out of China these days. The only things LG does right with their phones is use the Sony OIS camera/sensor and include a large battery. The rest of it is generic.
12. techperson211 (Posts: 1159; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
There are a lot of good phones coming from china but reliability and after sales . I'm not impressed. Even though one plus has a good price and specs I'm still holding on to my z1compact . I'll wait for z2c or z3 this year.
18. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
LG's record on updates is not the best. I think I (and many others) will take their chances on offerings like the OnePlus One (with Cyanogen) for far less money than the LG will cost.
Sony did have a good idea with the Z1 Compact. The Android market, especially in the US, would benefit from a small powerful phone like the Z2 Compact. Hopefully Sony gets its act together and starts selling phones (for real) in the US before it is too late for them.
21. refillable (Posts: 1022; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
Well I think If China could improve their name, They'll dominate the Mobile market just as how ASUS and Acer dominates the Budget and Home-Built PC market.
Oh yes, Also note that All of the famous android Mobile manufacturer are now 'Generic'.
19. jimbo1mcm (Posts: 23; Member since: 07 May 2014)
LG does make a 3200mAh battery for one of their devices. Hope it is removable and in theG3
22. bela3000 (Posts: 2; Member since: 12 May 2014)
its getting more and more ridicules with this phone what do they thing by making a bigger its better wish some would just create one just wright size so doesn't feel like u carrying dam laptop in you hand.