Report: Huawei faces shortages of the 4.7 inch panel for the Huawei Ascend P6
0. phoneArena 23 Aug 2013, 03:22 posted on
The Huawei Ascend P6 is one of the world's thinnest smartphones weighing in at a Twiggy-esque 6.18mm thick; yes, the device did lose the crown to newer models with a thickness of less than 6mm. In fact, the new title holder is the Vivo X3 which measures 5.6mm thick. The rest of the specs on the Huawei Ascend P6 make it a solid performer...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
I dont intend to souund mean but who is actually buying this phone i have not seem it advertised or sold anywhere!
2. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3428; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
But this is a very good designed phone, nice option to buy with great specs and build quality that too from Chinese OEM.
3. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Yeh I know it does look like a nice phone they just need to advertise it more!
4. Birds (Posts: 1130; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
You pointed out a solid point. People don't know to buy a phone if their is no compelling advertisement, let alone, any advertisement for the device.
5. yahoo29 (Posts: 71; Member since: 15 Sep 2012)
The only thing is Huawei and other Chinese OEM is not updating their phone and I dont like it >.
8. boosook (Posts: 1236; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
I've seen it (in Lisbon) and touched it, very well built, good design and premium feel… I have to say I was impressed! It has that premium feel that only the iphone and few other phones have, and it does not have the gigantic size of the latest 5" flagships by samsung etc.
11. GamePlayer (Posts: 51; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
I live in Pakistan, and i see it's advertisements pretty often.
14. henrys (Posts: 15; Member since: 06 Aug 2012)
sold in 2 major retail stores in Australia as well as online stores
7. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3428; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
You means cost, it's $440 USD. Haven't you read the article?
9. PhoneCritic (Posts: 425; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Samsung, which is the major LCD manufacture, warn about a LCD shortage earlier this year. Be Amoled, SuperLCD 2,3 and IPS screens, Samsung has more capacity than anyone to deliver yet even they warned of a shortage. Why? Samsung flagship will get their displays first followed by Apple ( which will have all of LG's and sharps capacity and even Samsung's) so other lower tier manufactures get almost nothing
10. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 463; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
The phone looks like a Z with 4S design and the bottom front is like the Xperia BRAVIA concept at concept-phones.com
13. xtian1103 (Posts: 361; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
it's a nice phone if you see this up close. made of glass and metal and the sim ejector pin is built-in at the lower part of the phone. drawback is lack of lte i guess