Report: Apple to offer 8GB Apple iPad 2 along with new Apple iPad 3
0. phoneArena 01 Mar 2012, 01:00 posted on
DigiTimes is reporting that Apple's supply chain is telling it a cheaper 8GB Apple iPad 2 will be introduced next week alongside the new Apple iPad 3; the idea is for Apple to challenge lower-priced tablets like the Amazon Kindle Fire...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
7inch iPad ? Fragment up the ecosystem
2. PhoneLuver (Posts: 481; Member since: 05 Jul 2010)
I just coined 'Apple Fatigue'! Tired of all the hype only to be disappointed!
I'll wait and see what they have to deliver!
4. theoak (Posts: 324; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
Personally ... I think this is a smart move.
1. A lower price to entice those on the fence because they can only afford a Fire ... but really want an iPad.
2. With all of this "cloud" stuff ... the need for a "ga-zillion" GB local storage is not really needed so much. You just swap in/out via the "cloud" what you want/need and call it good.
5. ap1989 (Posts: 145; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
watch the apple only add an 8mp camera and add better processor to the ipad 3 nothing else changes. And people go nuts and wait in line for it
6. theoak (Posts: 324; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
It'll have SIRI.
I have heard that the reason the iPhone 4 and iPad 2 do not have SIRI is because a new voice recognition chip was put in the 4S. Putting SIRI on the iPhone 4 would produce too many false responses. (At least this is the excuse Apple is giving us.)
I would think Apple would have put that in the iPad3/2S (whatever they call it).
7. twashington4 (Posts: 81; Member since: 24 May 2010)
Sounds like Apple is about to play us all for fools again and try to sell you a 8GB IPad 3 for $499 so they can justify selling the 16GB version for more than the previous year's 16GB IPad 2.