Report: Apple looks to replace Samsung as chip vendor
0. phoneArena 14 Oct 2012, 01:39 posted on
An analyst has been spreading the word that Apple is ready to lessen its chip dependency on Samsung and is supposedly working with TSMC on a 20nm chip; this is confirmed by a source in the semiconductor industry while yet another report says that Apple will use TSMC for its quad-core chips...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
17. shuaibhere (Posts: 1983; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
And now i gadgets or not premium without samsung made chip inside.....
78. shuaibhere (Posts: 1983; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Sure...u will suffer a lot with your next iphone without samsung made chips inside......
Instead of saying me to shutup...... Stop apple from doing this......so that u will get better iphone next year....
81. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Well said. Exynos chips are 25% better than anything, out there.... Nothing can touch it!
82. shuaibhere (Posts: 1983; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Yea i love exnosys a lot....but it doesn't matter here cuz iphones uses A series chips........the thing matters here is samsung's manufacturing process....which is very much good than any others......
90. darkkjedii (Posts: 20079; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
@Troll where did u get the 25% bro? That's a serious question too, not being a smart ass. Was there like an efficiency test, or something.
88. darkkjedii (Posts: 20079; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Apple will b fine, iOS will b fine, and the next iPhone will b fine but thanx for predicting the future. I'm sure apple will consider your psychic ability, and hire u to predict all things for them.
123. shuaibhere (Posts: 1983; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Iphone is fine just because of samsung made chips inside.......
Very well said.......I am not blindly saying what is the future of iphone....but predicting what it will will be by seeing the past and the present......
95. syedzain (Posts: 175; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
So Samsung is making phones faster than galaxy s3 .. that's brilliant innovation lol
124. shuaibhere (Posts: 1983; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Get the heck out of here.....
U dunno what you are talking about.....
Constantly repeating the same thing in all comments....
Don't u have any other things to say????
128. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
mate dont be too hard on them they have to wait for apple to tell them what to say because like apple they cant come up with anything themselves
33. bluexperia (Posts: 41; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
my suggestion is that please dont take any offer from 'the fruit' to make their processor as they will sue you back and take their money back... nice game 'fruit'....
35. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Apple is in a wrong country. They should have been in CHINA as their style of functioning is typical of a Communist setup ... there are reports that SAmsung is wanting more money for it's chips a indirect way of telling Apple to FCUK off.
49. xtian1103 (Posts: 363; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
looking bad for apple to replace Samsung as chipmaker but it could be worse for samsung as it would say goodbye to those millions of dollars made by ios devices that uses it's chips. iPhone 4s sales alone is more than all galaxy 1,2, galaxy tabs combined
59. darkkjedii (Posts: 20079; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
That's true. It's more going on than we the consumers know. These massive companies know what they're doing better than we do, if apples leaving Sammy then they have a reason, and a business plan. Personally I could care less, just keep cranking out the tech.
119. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
i thought about TI!! but yeah... intel will be good!!!! at least all iDevice runs intel if it will be true!
131. CyberAngel (Posts: 49; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
Apple will go Atom powered in two years
the 14nm parts will bring the most powerful least power hungry chip on the market
going directly to the medal they will be way faster than any ARM-emulated android phone similar to the Xolo X900
AND since Atom is x86 they can port a true Mac kernel to a iPad/iPhone/iPod
After that NOBODY comes even close!
Too bad M$ went for ARM instead of Intel Atom!!!
134. Friendlysky (Posts: 54; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
We want the actual builder not a second builder to show they face I am a builder. BS IPhone. Samsung has build many electronic and know what kind of tech for they screen. Second builder is not and inventors.....