Report: Apple iWatch to start production in July, sporting a 2.5 inch screen
0. phoneArena 19 Jun 2014, 16:43 posted on
According to a new report published today, the Apple iWatch will start production in July. According to a source familiar with Apple's plans, the timepiece will be equipped with a 2.5 inch screen, and is "slightly" rectangular in shape. That conflicts with other reports that said that the wearable would have a circular screen. The watch face will protrude from the band, forming an arch...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. HansGoneInsane (Posts: 356; Member since: 09 Aug 2013)
Yes, the whole industry should watch out for the iWatch!
27. appleDOESNT.com (Posts: 418; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
funny, iPhone has been notoriously shrimpy for all these years and now they are gonna try and sell a humongous watch to peeps, good luck, don't think so
28. engineer-1701d (Posts: 415; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
and finally they get wireless charging but its on a watch not the phone
4. Astoni (Posts: 429; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
This is the only watch product i actually expect to be good.
10. AfterShock (Posts: 2125; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
You could just tape your current iPhone on your wrist for same effect, err at least get accustomed to screen size I guess.
Looks about as functional too, so double win.
11. Vexify (Posts: 176; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
Why are you always hating on Apple? I'm just wondering, because I see it in many articles. No hostility here, just curious to see what compels such hatred =/
19. joey_sfb (Posts: 2565; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
I don't hate apple per sa. Just Mxy and a few other trolls.
29. engineer-1701d (Posts: 415; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Because they make lies about android and then do the same thing years later. But most Apple fans and users think Apple made that because they promote it like they did. Then the fans say but its polished. Its like I polished a turd will to buy it because it's polished
31. Vexify (Posts: 176; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
I've been an Android and Apple user for quite some time, so I've had my share of stuff. Not to mention all my friends (literally, all of them) have iPhone. Never do I hear or see other Apple users or employees doing these accusations you and others on this site always claim.
3. fzacek (Posts: 1244; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
This is most definitely not going to be better than the Moto 360...
23. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6141; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Moto 360 is the only REALY SMART watch that actually looks like a watch.
5. AfterShock (Posts: 2125; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
As big as their phones?
15. 0xFFFF (Posts: 2047; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Or just making sure the battery lasts a month between charges?
30. engineer-1701d (Posts: 415; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
It should since it will tell time and notifications. But Apple has never lasted in the battery room
6. alaw.14 (Posts: 120; Member since: 10 Sep 2013)
Im just going to wait on the gear 3 with android wear that comes out with the note 4.
7. darkkjedii (Posts: 10123; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
iWatch, 5.5 iPhone 6 will be mine this fall. The jedster is rocking the goods.
9. darkkjedii (Posts: 10123; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Bro, I'm so in line for this falls lineup. Coffee and snacks lol.
12. Vexify (Posts: 176; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
A lot of Apple stores walk around the lines with a big food cart giving away snacks and coffee. My first launch even in line was for the 5s, and it was very very fun!
17. darkkjedii (Posts: 10123; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Man, that's cool. I've never done it at Apple, might be the year to try. I always go to At&t.
14. 0xFFFF (Posts: 2047; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
I hear rumors that Apple is making a special ankle bracelet version for law enforcement, so richer criminals won't feel the stress of having to wear some generic ankle bracelet running "Android CrimeWear".
25. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 822; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
If it can be adorned with Swarovski crystals, it will be a hit in Hollywood. It could even auto-text, too.
"Just got picked up for doing a line while walking the line at a DUI stop." - L. Lohan
Sent from my Apple iAnklet
16. a_merryman (Posts: 605; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Seriously hope it isn't a 2.5" screen and rectangular. I may as well strap my 4S to my wrist in that case, way too big.
18. nctx77 (Posts: 445; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
You actually want it rectangle. This actually proves to me that it will be curved/flexible. It's 2.5 inches diagonal. The width still can be thin. For example, the current iPod nano has a 2.5 inch screen. Imagin that curved around the top of your wrist and you will get a good idea.
24. a_merryman (Posts: 605; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
No, I really dont want it rectangle, I don't like rectangle watches as much as circular watches. And since it is a watch, it is a fashion piece first and foremost. That 2.5" screen on the nano is still huge compared to most wrists, and it being curved around your wrist will make it both uncomfortable for many people with big or small wrists, and also mean there is a bunch of useless screen real estate that you won't be able to see easily without twisting your wrists around in uncomfortable ways.
If it is rectangular, I'm sure apple would do it similar to in the picture. And 2.5" screen that way is just comically large. Form and UX reign supreme with Apple, and this rumor just sounds like an awful idea. I can see them doing rectangular, though I think circular is more their style, I can't see them doing it with a screen this large.
22. tedkord (Posts: 4285; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I wonder if all the usual suspects who say that holding a Note to your head for a phone call looks ridiculous will say that a 2.5 inch watch on your wrist looks silly.
Why do I have a feeling they won't?
26. iMemo (Posts: 97; Member since: 22 Feb 2014)
Hmm... 2.5inch ey. Seems too big for a watch to me. Don't screw this up Apple...I gat serious faith in you!