Report: Apple iPhone and Apple iPad are responsible for 60% of non-PC mobile video viewing
0. phoneArena 14 Nov 2012, 02:01 posted on
A report from a mobile ad agency says that the Apple iPhone and Apple iPad are the most popular non-PC devices for streaming video with both together accounting for 60% of such video viewing; more than 14 billion videos vieved through ad-supported apps was analyzed...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
Apple FTW!!! :D
2. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
There is around 550 million android devices in use now.. vs around 430 million IOS devices.
3. random (Posts: 12; Member since: 14 Nov 2012)
Apple mobile browser share dropped for the first time in last 12 months. it dropped 5% overall in last month and Android at the same time gained 5% of total market share.
Apple has huge share for sure, but it's dropping and I dont think its something Apple is happy about like this articles wants to make it sound.
You can check the trend on netmarketshare.com > then click Mobile >Browser share trend.
4. ahomad (Posts: 171; Member since: 15 May 2012)
because iFans spent all their money to buy overpriced iPhone and iPad, so they don't have money to buy a propor laptop or TV to watch movies, lol
5. nobelset (Posts: 270; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
No, because they can't do other things on their phones other than web surfing.
7. kingpet13 (Posts: 139; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
I've got two words that I knew would come up as soon as I read the title:Desktop mode.These studies are always screwed, because Android can trick their browser into being identified as something else.
8. jopancy (Posts: 74; Member since: 25 Apr 2012)
Not surprising. What else can you use them for?