Report: Apple iPhone 5S to be introduced June 20th, will launch in July; low-cost version to come in August
0. phoneArena 29 Mar 2013, 11:18 posted on
The Apple iPhone 5S will be introduced during a special Apple event on June 20th, and launch a few weeks later according to the latest speculation about the next iteration of the iconic smartphone; additionally, a low-cost version of the iPhone will be released in August as a pre-paid phone for the emerging markets like China and India...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Ninetysix (Posts: 2452; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Big disappointment if it's just a faster iP5 and no change in its dimensions. At least show us a glimpse of what you have in store for us in iOS 7.
31. opensourceftw (banned) (Posts: 148; Member since: 01 Jan 2013)
Clearly someone is not familiar with apple.
37. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
low cost iPhone is actually the one in July, it is last years iPhone with a S on it, which stands for S hit
The cheaper iPhone is a 2 year ago re-badged iPhone that is going to be call the iPhone SOS, S ame O utdated S hit
but to S heep they will definitely be S hits!
40. DaHarder (Posts: 177; Member since: 10 Oct 2009)
I wouldn't be that harsh, but your 'same' criticism may have less to do with the phone 'looking externally the same' and far more to do with the FACT that the iPhoneOS/iOS has changed (in appearance) so very little over the last 7 years.
It's all been just adding (borrowing) some little feature here or there, most often from other platforms, otherwise it's the same, old, tired pages of icons that act as nothing more than a (one at a time) app launcher lost in a world wherein other platforms off much more efficient real-time information at a glance.
No one really expects the next iPhone's looks or functionality to change that much, and That's The Problem - Apple's Been Treading Water For Far Too Long, while the rest of the industry has been moving forward/innovating at a blistering pace.
58. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1038; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
you couldnt be more right!!! you cant stay on course in this industry. you have to be innovative. Samsung introduced the phablet and the re-introduced the stylus....i mean the S-Pen lol. its ironic that Apple has dominated the mobile industry no more than 3 years ago............oh, how have the tides have changed
60. darkkjedii (Posts: 21726; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
All that creativity and u only got one green thumb. Tisk tisk tisk.
33. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
3G --> 3GS = Speed
4 ----> 4S = Speed
5 ----> 5S = _______
It's pretty obvious.
41. Yaldo_27 (Posts: 28; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
The "S" name on iphone 4S means Siri, not Speed
48. opensourceftw (banned) (Posts: 148; Member since: 01 Jan 2013)
It actually means "sh*t", or "sucker". As in "holy Sh*t, I cannot believe these Suckers just bought the EXACT same phone we just sold them not even a year ago! LOL!" - tim c*ck
44. therealestmc (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
The current size is ok. My concern is IOS. Apple can put more on the screen other than icons.
49. opensourceftw (banned) (Posts: 148; Member since: 01 Jan 2013)
They really can't. apple cannot program for sh*t. See: appfail maps
66. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
They cant be more faster than qualcomm/tegra4/exynous
2. rumman1995 (Posts: 8; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
iPhone 5s Must have 12-13 MP camera in order to compare with S4
7. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
iPhone 5S must have much more than a good camera to compare with latest Android based flagships.
10. Ninetysix (Posts: 2452; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
I have some bad news for you broseph.
Do you have vision insurance by any chance?
13. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Is everything on the PhoneArena.com is true?
34. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
nah i dont think so....................and i dont believe on this results............i need side by side comparison of all phones in fhd video............
38. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
Its actually biased
36. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I have some bad new for you Ninetysix.
iOS 7 is the same as iOS 6.
50. opensourceftw (banned) (Posts: 148; Member since: 01 Jan 2013)
I'll let you all in on a super secret: ios 8,9,10+ will be the same too!
55. opensourceftw (banned) (Posts: 148; Member since: 01 Jan 2013)
The camera is the least of the numerous shortcomings of the iphone compared to a real phone.
3. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
oh joy, right on my birthday...lol...luckily, there will be dozens of better android and windows phones already available by then.
51. opensourceftw (banned) (Posts: 148; Member since: 01 Jan 2013)
Dood, there are already Androids that outclass the iPhail in every single way. That.....thing.....was obsolete the day it launched LMAO
81. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Mum, yeahhhh, I believe I said that already
4. Whateverman (Posts: 3269; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Attention Android OEM's (Especially HTC): this is how it's done! Introduce a new phone to the public, then launch it a few weeks later. It's called sticking while the iron is HOT! Love em' or hate em', this is why that 6 year old phone with the outdated UI manages to pull the kind of crowds they do. They spark an interest, then capitalize on it by getting that device in people's hand while their interest is still high. Blackberry, you guys should take notes too. We get the Z10 now? HTC, where is the one?
8. Aeires (unregistered)
I think Samsung is the only one that gets it for Android. Not only do they bring phones more quickly, but they even outdid Apple with the S3 by releasing it on all the US carriers, as well as massive carrier support world wide. T-Mobile is just now getting the iPhone but they've had the S phones for a long time.
15. YaBoiDre10 (Posts: 84; Member since: 15 Nov 2012)
That's exactly why Samsung is successful. You can't last long making one phone for one carrier