Report: AT&T to be first to launch BlackBerry Z10 in States on March 15th
0. phoneArena 05 Mar 2013, 19:35 posted on
Speculation has arisen that AT&T will be the first carrier in the States to launch the all-touch BlackBerry Z10 with the device being released on March 15th; earlier reports had T-Mobile getting first crack at selling the first BlackBerry 10 model after stating the the unit was more stable than expected and would require less testing than originally thought...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. jroc74 (Posts: 5995; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I am planning on trying AT&T to see how service is in my area. I might go for this.... BB and Motorola are legendary for reception.
It will either be this, WP....or what I use now...Android.
2. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
If there is a BB phone that is central to BB's future, I would guess it is the Q10 (QWERTY keyboard). The remaining BB users are more keyboard-focused than other phone OS users.
6. jroc74 (Posts: 5995; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I feel the key to BB's future is the Z10. The Q10 will pull in die hard BB fans, which is mostly current users. The Z10 has a chance to pull in all those that like the all screen phones more.
The Z10 has a chance to pull in iPhone, WP and Android users. Its not about the current users. If they are still using BB, they dont plan on switching anytime soon. The key is those that left BB...or new smartphone users. I have a feeling new smartphone users gravitate towards all screen phones. Especially looking at the competition.
The Q10 will keep BB afloat, the Z10 will help it grow. IMO.
10. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
While your hypothesis may in fact have merit, RIM/BB need to stop the move of BB users to other brands. They should have released both models simultaneously on all carriers who were going to carry the BB phones. The dribs and drabs model just gives an opportunity for BB users to move on as it were.
3. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
keep the updates coming and we should be as good as gold!
5. jeroome86 (Posts: 887; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Time will tell Blackberrys future. For the sake of competition I hope they survive.
And to the spammer. Please leave this site. Your not welcome here.
7. johnbftl (Posts: 281; Member since: 09 Jun 2012)
Not plausible. AT&T rolls out new products and promos on Sundays.
15. waltah (Posts: 9; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
New products have been launching on Fridays for months with AT&T. Sundays did use to be the normal product launch, though.
8. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Where's the Q10 everyone favorite qwerty phone? and it should launch on all carriers simontaneously still looks like BB haven't learn their lesson
11. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Good move as AT&T has been the best carrier in year's past for BB
12. KParks23 (Posts: 585; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
too bad the Z10 has gotten garbage reviews all over. looks like a let down personaly i dont see BB being around much longer but i could be wrong but at the very least i see nokia being around longer!
18. dojoboy (Posts: 1; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
What are you talking about ? Garbage reviews all over ? I don't think so ! Keep your negative BS to yourself, you small minded twit ! :(
13. anacarolina39842 (Posts: 2; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
I found this product the coolest of all the blackberry’s. Design and resolution looks awesome and I think people will definitely like this gadget.
16. frustyak (Posts: 207; Member since: 08 Mar 2010)
AT&T will be the first to launch the Z10, and the last to push software updates to it.
17. BOSSO (Posts: 2; Member since: 18 Oct 2012)
Trust me Z10 is a flawless phone, it was launced on the 28 Feb is South Africa, sales are going well, now BB is gonna reclaim his position.