Report: 5.7 inch screen, LTE-A connectivity for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3
0. phoneArena 05 Jul 2013, 12:57 posted on
A published report on Friday says that the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 will be coming to market with a larger 5.7 inch screen; the report matches a tweet sent out last month by reliable source evleaks. While this would be larger than the current 5.5 inch display on the Samsung GALAXY Note II, it is smaller than earlier forecasts of the screen size for the third iteration of Samsung's phablet...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
9. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
No your not!
Your a Samsung Android hater.
15. Ruisleipä (Posts: 31; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
TROLL, stop being such an attention whore.
18. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Looks like your new to PhoneArena?
That Potato is a Samsung and Android hater! So how am I a attention seeker? Lmao®
He is lying and is double standard!
21. Ruisleipä (Posts: 31; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
i've been here long enough to realize your a nokia/windows hater. Im i right? Lmao ("unnecessary symbols for attention")
47. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
I've never seen you post in PA for the past 3years
Android down south
And many more others...
Who are you you newbie new comer?
50. maccess (Posts: 715; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
where is remixfa?? never seen him for ages..
69. GoBears (Posts: 415; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Don't forget my subtle yet consistent apple bashes lol.
83. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Like I state you and loads others as well.....®
84. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Posting after a long time Galaxy storm....®
87. Bernoulli (Posts: 2370; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
I love how you included the unforgettable papynic lol
89. verty (Posts: 116; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Troll where is my name!!!!!
Notwithstanding we crown you our President on PA!
23. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
How dare you speaketh when not given permission. And, how dare you call TROLL®™© a whore; off with your head.
If you seek a whore, attention or otherwise, might I introduce you to His Dark & Lovely'ness the Darkkjedii?!
33. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Darkjedii? Are you serious?
He is the most respectful and coolest person on PA
52. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Okay, he obviously paid you (don't know how since he's got so many kids in college and pays overage iFees on his iPhone)! "Respectful and coolest," ..... NOT!!
56. darkkjedii (Posts: 15198; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Potato, that dude can say whatever he wants about me. I couldn't care less, nor will I engage in a silly argument about my life with someone I've never even met before. On a tech note, I plan on getting the note 3 and ip5S to replace my note 2 and ip5. What about you potato, what's your next purchase.
57. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Well, well, well, if it's not Mr. Pōtātō Head responding to Mr. Pōtâtō?? Why would you waste your kids' college money on the iPhone 5S when the iPhone 5 is already out. Even better yet, get an iPhone 4, jAiLbreak it to get that Personal Ass-istant SiRi, and voila: iPhone 7 at ⅓ the price!!
39. andro. (Posts: 1990; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Comments have been going a little crazy on here since i last logged on!
34. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
I should remind you again that I love every company but I HATE BLIND FANBOYS!!
41. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
That's why on every article you make cheap jabs at Samsung...not getting involved as I'm trying to be less fanboy but its the truth dude....
42. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
probably because their products are made of cheap plastics..
43. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Get a life, xperiadroid!
46. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
OZ I've just figured him out, potato is ExperiaDroid.
You are right!
How many accounts does he use on PA. ®
40. akki20892 (Posts: 3782; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
oh i'm so confuse with fans and haters....oh god
53. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Okay Gentlemen (and, I use the word sparingly in its' loosest form), let's stay on topic about the reported 5.7" screen on the Note 3; we wouldn't want the Moderators or Michael H's head(s) to eXplode??
Actually, Michael is the Moderator (FYI).
2. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4641; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Wow so many rumors. I can't wait to see what the actual Samsung Galaxy Note III will be like.
Man I hope it has that flexible Super AMOLED 1080p HD screen.
10. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
With Exynos 5420 quadcore clocked at 2.0Ghz
30. tech2 (Posts: 2980; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
That Exynos 5420 is gonna be a beast I bet it'll surpass SD 800 !
63. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 752; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
Sorry, but I think samsung will use SD800 instead of exynos 5420 because SD800 have a LTE/LTE-A modem integrated in the chip so it'll be cheaper than using separated LTE/LTE-A modem like samsung G note II.
No doubt that qualcomm is the most succesfull chip maker in ARM world.
65. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3398; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Not true. LTE is integrated on the Exynos 5 Octa. It was on the Exynos 4 in the Note 2 as well. Here's your proof:
73. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 752; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
Pardon me, you're right about Exynos 5. But the exynos 4 uses a separated LTE modem rather than integrated to the SoC.
27. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
It seems like a new rumor is put out by the chattering class on a weekly basis. Welcome to guerrilla marketing v. 2.0. 1.0 was where Sammy paid people to post negative things about its competitors. There was even an outbreak of v. 1.0 'marketing' here on PA. 2.0 attempts to be a bit more sophisticated.
38. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
I hope they will put FLEXIBLE display before LG.
64. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 752; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
I think 2K is the best screen resolution for Note 3 considering it have a powerful SoC(I'm sure it's SD800).
68. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3398; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
2K? What do you mean? 2K is 1920x1080 which the Note 3 will have at the very least.
71. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 752; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
Sorry i've made a mistake, it's supposedly a WQXGA screen(2560 x 1600)
74. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3398; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
You gotta show me a source for that. I find that highly doubtful for two reasons.
First: That would mean they're going back to a 16:10 aspect ratio like the original Note which would make the device very wide & unwieldy at that size.
Second: At 5.7", that would be a ppi of 530. If Samsung had managed to produced an AMOLED screen that dense, we would have heard about it by now.
Even if they went for a 16:9 aspect ratio (2560x1440), the ppi would be 515. Still higher than anything else at this point. No way what you're saying is true. It will have a 1920x1080 screen.
75. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 752; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
Anything is possible.......
You have no idea what will be happen next.
76. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 752; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
That's what I'm hoping for, the source is myself.
91. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3398; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I guess we have our answer now.
92. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 752; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
Well, 1080P is not bad.
So what I'm hoping for is 99% not coming out.
88. Bernoulli (Posts: 2370; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
We don't even have LTE A in the states, lol and I wouldn't be surprised, after all, all sammys products are made entirely from plastic
3. JMartin22 (Posts: 1607; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
Can they at least take more advantage of the Snapdragon 800 and add a USB 3.0 port? I'm tired of these phones living in a peripheral past.
12. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
They will not, never use Crapdragon on there Note series!
Exynos 5410 or5420 A15s®
35. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Please TROLL please.
Give respect, take respect.
51. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Now how am I disrespecting others. Please specify...®
72. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 752; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
Why not snapdragon?
Let me guess,,,, because it's a laggy chip? LOOOLL
Blame the software not the hardware.
29. p0rkguy (Posts: 684; Member since: 23 Nov 2010)
USB 3.0? That would only make the device thicker.
USB itself needs to make nano size usb ports/plugs with the ability to connect front and/or back.
4. ajac09 (Posts: 1430; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
cant make up your minds on this rumor can you?
5. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4641; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I know. Next rumor will be that the Samsung Galaxy Note III will serve you breakfast & massage your feet. lol
28. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Hand warmer due to the heat the CPU generates. aka take a negative and turn it into a positive....
6. tomn1ce (Posts: 115; Member since: 12 Mar 2012)
More and more the G-Note 3 seems to be my next device. Hopefully they can keep the overall size the same as the G-Note 2...That may seal the deal..