Report: 145 million tablets to be shipped this year
0. phoneArena 25 Jan 2013, 08:06 posted on
ABI Research has taken out the pencils and paper and now computes that 145 million tablets will be shipped in 2013 led by new manufacturers, lower priced models, and finally a warm embrace from the enterprise market; North America will remain the center of the tablet universe in 2013 with more than half of all shipped slates ending up there...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
Competition is good :)
4. maxis3G (unregistered)
APPLE : competition is bad...
2. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1522; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
Am I the only one that sees the Surface Pro even less sucessful than the RT one?
- It cost the same as an Ultrabook
- It doesn't have and attached keyboard, so it can't be used in the train/bus/airplane in a confortable positition. So it can't be used as a Laptop replacement.
- It weights too much so it can't really be used as a tablet.
What's the market niche for this thing?
Seriously, just asking.