Rendering shows Motorola's first Android 4.0 phone and it has Intel inside
0. phoneArena 13 Feb 2012, 20:45 posted on
A rendering obtained by PocketNow shows what is allegedly Motorola's first Ice Cream Sandwich flavored phone, a thin silver colored device that has Intel inside; expected to be displayed at MWC, the unnamed model will supposedly have a top-notch camera offering instant-on capabilities...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. aarongzmn (Posts: 46; Member since: 22 Mar 2010)
I hope the button-less design catches on. It saves so much screen size when watching videos on YouTube and Netflix. I'm loving that feature on my galaxy nexus.
7. shnibz (Posts: 226; Member since: 18 Sep 2011)
Meeee too Aarongzmn! And no accidental button presses which drove me nuts with capacitive buttons.
19. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
i wish android (hopefully ios as well) would embrace buttonless with more meego-like ways… i think all the intuitive swiping like on meego is smoother, easier, and just cooler than having the row of buttons allong the bottom… because at the moment they do little more than go away capacitative buttons
24. Dr.Phil (Posts: 1064; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Well it doesn't really save that much screen size now because they are still putting it a little upwards of where the capacitive buttons use to be. Like for instance, on this phone rendering here, the capacitive buttons would have been on that black bar below the screen, I would imagine. HOWEVER, and this is a big however, I can see the future being edge-to-edge screens which will save screen space and save space for the overall phone design. So, in the future, you would have a 4.7 inch screen size phone fit into a 4.5 inch or less form factor.
2. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5704; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
ICS looks really good from Motorola. I can't wait to get it on my Razr. o:
Medfield is single core isn't it?
32. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Was it Medfield or Oakfield that is trying to get on par with A15 designs? I cant keep up anymore.. lol. I guess we will find out soon enough if my worries about intel in the mobile space were justified or not.
35. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5704; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
I've never even heard of Oakland. o:
44. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
i think thats just my brain frying with too much information from school. lol. i cant find anything on oakfield. i think i made it up. never mind! lololol
3. flopjoke (Posts: 42; Member since: 05 Jan 2012)
"The cameras also will take bursts of shots as fast as 15 frames per second."
WOW. Interesting. O_O
4. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 568; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
MOOOM!!! CAMERA WARS IS COMING!THEY ARE EQUIPPED WITH 15 SHOTS PER SECOND WEAPONS!!!
5. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5704; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i wonder what the little dots next to all of the icons except the launcher and the market mean. o:
13. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5704; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
OH! i thought you said "GOOD BYE! :D" and i was like whaaaa? xD
15. protozeloz (Posts: 5394; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
yeah, I had to look a second time to see it it could be a lot of things but I think is something cool
22. Stuntman (Posts: 834; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
Maybe it's an indication that the app is running. On my old Nokia Symbian phone, an app icon with a little symbol beside it denotes that the app is running.
6. protozeloz (Posts: 5394; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
that weather widget looks slick! love how they seem to have left many things nearly intact, less time building when there is something beautiful already built
others need to learn, skins can be scaled down to apps that have or use special features
9. protozeloz (Posts: 5394; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
also the by the looks it seems to have a beefy battery and looks like a razr max in terms of thickness while not being too wide! more phone with Max's battery would be heavily welcome
-not too deep skin
-nice new widgets and features
if all become true this could be an awesome phone
11. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5704; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
exactly. i would actually use that clock widget. it's very similar to the one on Moto's slightly skinned version of Honeycomb similar to what they've done here on ICS that i love so much.
17. protozeloz (Posts: 5394; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
I've said with ICS they can worry less about changing some things and worry more about adding more cool features and nice looking stuff to it, Google stepped their game on manufacturers should do the same, and we wend with better looking phones and cool new features to play and brag about :P
42. mordimiz (Posts: 13; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
does any one know what that widget is called and if there is a variant in the market?
46. mordimiz (Posts: 13; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
i hear that but they make htc sence variants..mayb some one knows of a variant of this one...
8. Carlitos (Posts: 480; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
WOW! IDK, but this is a really good looking device and the UI, looks GREAT! I also love how Motorola took ICS morphed it with there latest UI, and upgraded it even further.
20. biophone (Posts: 1900; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Are you kidding this phone is ugly. Ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly. Look at Acer cloud mobile for a good looking device. UI is pretty cartoonish to.
25. Mimsyborogove923 (Posts: 8; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I don't think I would use quite so many uglies, but I largely agree. I really don't understand what the manufacturers are thinking with these fracking silly looking icons(Touchwiz=eww). I've said it all over the web and I'll say it again, ADULTS buy these phones, not CHILDREN. So please, design accordingly. I think it's that they're trying to look like iOS with the square icons, which is lame. If I wanted iOS I would buy an iPhone damnit. GIVE ME PURE ANDROID!
26. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5704; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
so what do "Adult" icons look like I wonder? xD
27. protozeloz (Posts: 5394; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
29. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5704; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
404 not found? I LOVE THAT ICON PACK! xD
30. protozeloz (Posts: 5394; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
the plan was an old set of Nokia Icons.... they where ugly , among all the icons in all the skins I've seen Moto has the best icons ever
31. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5704; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
I liked Moto's Icons more before they changed them with 2.3.6.
34. protozeloz (Posts: 5394; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
I haven't seen the new new ones but I have to say that I like the ones I see in this picture, they look nice
36. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5704; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
the icons in this rendering is what is being used in 2.3.6 on the Razr and the 4 except without the notification counters.
33. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
the majority of people are drawn to the colorful look. Most regular customers really love how Touchwiz pops from the screen on a super amoled display. They are just taking a page from samsung on this one, which considering samsung's wide lead might not be a bad idea.
28. SleepingOz (unregistered)
I agree this phone is freaking ugly but I like the UI though.
14. Shubham412302 (Posts: 419; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
i think its running atom 1.6 ghz processor
16. sid8911 (Posts: 54; Member since: 29 May 2010)
i dont like the color of the silver or the grey make it shiny with kevlar then will be talking
18. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5704; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i agree and that would look nice.
as long as it's not done by cheap chrome accents. i've had bad experiences with LG Dares that have cheap chrome accents. i've stayed away from chrome looks ever since. >>
45. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
oh, that chrome paint? it comes off almost every phone that has it. super annoying.
21. rockstarlive (Posts: 307; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
the picture looks fake, on the side it doesnt make sense, button for the camera, volume rocker and some sort of slot, most likely USB, and those three buttons, Or it could be LED lights for no reason.
Then another site has the phone different, Shiny aluminum and the back of the phone is just like the ASUS Tprime.Blue LED cap buttons.
23. MorePhonesThanNeeded (Posts: 645; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Nice phone render but my gripe is with the bottom end, it looks too much like an HTC phone(thunderbolt) to me. This also seems to sport the vanishing buttons a la galaxy Nexus which is a good thing. I really much want to see maximizing of screen space on these phones without making the phone that much larger. I cringe at the sight of phones with too much space above and below the screen just looks like a waste to me.
Let's see now it's not sporting a TI OMAP processor? This is interesting but guaranteed this phone won't land as a Droid, that's for sure. TI OMAP's are already proven and have a track record with the Droid line for Verizon, the 4460 should prove to be quite the powerhouse and more than likely to power the next Droid flagship.
37. A.aoudi (Posts: 125; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
Looks like its almost time to divorce my Motorola Razr.
38. BooneGibson (Posts: 5; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
I just really hope they do not place the micro-USB and HDMI ports on the top of this phone (and future phones) like they did with the RAZR (MAXX). That design made absolutely no sense whatsoever!!! Perhaps they will do away with ports completely and incorporate wireless charging and syncing. Wireless HD broadcasting would be interesting as well. I also hope they utilize the nanocoating technology inside and out and make this a truly waterproof device!!!
39. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5704; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
there simply wasn't enough room for the ports anywhere else on the handset and I don't mind it. if anything it helps with the strain on my chargers when I'm using and charging my phone at the same time.
40. rockstarlive (Posts: 307; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
It turns out Moto might not show the phone at MWC.
41. mordimiz (Posts: 13; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
does any one know what that widget is called and if there is a variant in the market?
48. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
this phone really looks good... intel inside too!!! i hope motorola will release this now...