Render shows the Nokia Lumia 830 posing next to the Lumia 930, the former might come with an IPS LCD display
0. phoneArena 25 Aug 2014, 03:45 posted on
We've already seen the Nokia Lumia 830 from quite a few angles, and some leaked images even gave us insight under its back plate, where Microsoft's own mark is clearly visible. Well, the exterior looks of the not-so-camera-shy device are not the only thing that is no longer a secret – see, there are some alleged dimensions of the device circulating in and out of the rumor mill...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. darksantacruz (Posts: 24; Member since: 09 Jun 2014)
Quite strange the lumia 830 seems bigger and it will have a smaller screen than the 930?! hummmm
5. Daniel.95 (Posts: 89; Member since: 20 Sep 2012)
High-End Phones has less bezels than other phones usually.
14. hemedans (Posts: 477; Member since: 01 Jun 2013)
830 will have 4.7 or 5inch screen. its just a rumors no one know how big 830 display will be
2. power_x (Posts: 264; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
But why does the 830 in this photo have capacitive buttons instead of virtual ? Didn't Microsoft said all the new WP devices would have a virtual one ?
3. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1178; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
nah they just said that wp8.1 will support on screen touch buttons something it didn't support before !
4. RobVLC (Posts: 13; Member since: 02 Apr 2014)
Arent they 5 inches each? they seem the same to me...
8. RobVLC (Posts: 13; Member since: 02 Apr 2014)
I don't understand then whay do they speak about 4.5 inches :S
Shouldn't they have different tile sizes because of screen resolution at same size?
7. andres_sungit (Posts: 5; Member since: 18 Aug 2014)
the screen size are almost the same in my observation but the 830 is a little bit taller.
9. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3718; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Smaller screen and bit taller than 5" 930? Strange you 830.
Might be fake IMO.
16. nbringer (Posts: 180; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
The pic is a render, but the size is true. I calculated the size judging by the micro-usb size and i got: 6.9 cm x 13.5 cm. Pretty much what the article (and render) said. The errors are small and in the range of few millimeters and are due to the perspective in the earlier photo-leaks, which I did not correct for. Looks like the 830 and 930 will be very similar in size. 830 looks like a cheaper 930. Which is nice if you ask me, especially if it comes with aditional changes like removable battery, IPS-LCD, dual-sim.
10. colinkiama (Posts: 60; Member since: 23 Nov 2013)
This is fake the screens are exactly the same but accent colour is green on the 830 and orange on the 930. But if you look carefully, it does have a smaller screen and a different design.
12. Beijendorf (Posts: 340; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
Of course it's fake, it even says "render" in the title. Sheesh. It's an attempt at comparing the two phones based on the rumours we know.
15. karkavelas (Posts: 70; Member since: 25 Oct 2013)
Same boring design with the same boring ui.
Sorry for the funs but its an opinion..
18. sbw44 (Posts: 433; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
And yet samesung, craple and the others all have the same designs with the same icon based UI which ive used 20 years back on windows 95!
17. Jaeel (Posts: 27; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
Finally something that isn't an amoled. Perhaps this could replace my aging L720, though that front camera overkill annoys me a bit.
19. yahia_malka (Posts: 186; Member since: 27 Mar 2014)
The 830 will come with 4.5 I'm sure you're. Blind because it's the same size as the 930