Regulatory filing shows how much trouble BlackBerry is in
0. phoneArena 02 Oct 2013, 20:20 posted on
A regulatory filing made by BlackBerry shows just how amazingly bad things are for the company; for the last quarter, the Canadian manufacturer sold just 5.9 million phones directly to consumers. Consider that Apple sold 9 million units of the Apple iPhone 5s and Apple iPhone 5c in the first three days that the devices were on the market...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
The former CEOs of company, let the magic smoke out and it was painful watching this CEO trying to blow it back in.
I rooted for them, but after seeing their pricing on new phones, I suddenly knew where the magic smoke was being consumed.
4. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
don't worry, those magic smoke will be gone very soon, and you'll be able to buy those BB10 under 50 bucks off contract
8. MobileKicker (Posts: 212; Member since: 19 Sep 2013)
NooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOooooo! My favorite os can't die
9. MobileKicker (Posts: 212; Member since: 19 Sep 2013)
This is a good chance for apple
If it will buy blackberry,
It can beat samsung from both sides
2. danwatson (Posts: 117; Member since: 03 Jan 2012)
Where is that 900 million of z10 phones? I'll take one
3. Yes-Sir (banned) (Posts: 58; Member since: 16 Sep 2013)
BB and Nokia are in desperate need. That's what happens if you don't keep up with the specs race. They were both using outdated hardwares. Good luck.
7. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
You'd be surprised people are not dumb when it comes to specs and know that something like a snapdragon s4 dual core is bad compared to a snapdragon 600.
5. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
I'm surprised there isn't a fire sale on those z10 to recoup some of that 900million lost
10. downphoenix (Posts: 3155; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
It's coming, but Blackberry also feels like they have to "keep their dignity"... so basically, wait until Black Friday, just like they did with the Playbook tablets. If they arent on fire sale by then, then maybe govt agencies and such got their own private deal from BB to buy from them in voume.