Refreshed third gen Apple iPad with lightning adapter part of next week's event?
0. phoneArena 20 Oct 2012, 02:18 posted on
A list of SKUs and those with knowledge of Apple's plans say that the Cupertino based firm will be introducing a 'refreshed' version of the third generation iPad with the lightning adapter and possibly the faster A6 chip that is used on the Apple iPhone 5...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. mas11 (Posts: 1015; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Told you Apple just sells the same stuff over and over and calls it new.
8. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1059; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
its just a way of pudshing things down people's throats regardless of whether the technology is useful or liked by the people. typical apple monopoly
14. DROIDX0430 (Posts: 409; Member since: 24 Nov 2010)
The iphone is a prime examle...still trying to figure out who is buying those new 300 dollar ipods...notice the only size they only come in. That is the front to demand 299...
39. mas11 (Posts: 1015; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
The $299 price tag for an iPod is insane and what's even worse is their selling the 2 year old old iPod touch for $200. Talk about greed.
41. Mxyzptlk (limited) (Posts: 2846; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Apple isn't forcing you to buy it.
45. mas11 (Posts: 1015; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
They are ripping of their costumers and using marketing to make them think the product is better than it is.
46. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
true but at this point if the customer is gonna blindly believe apple and eat up everything they say then the customer is willingly participating.
''Mxyzptlk'' is a perfect example of a devoted apple troll to the point of creepy. he believes apple's his damn god or summit everything they do is right and perfect blah blah blah
51. mas11 (Posts: 1015; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
*customers my bad
btw we can all admit the lightning connector is all about forcing the consumer to buy new Apple accessories.
47. maier9900 (Posts: 257; Member since: 17 Dec 2011)
You seem to have a Problem with that? Go buy samsung made of recycled plastic.
2. tahnik (Posts: 125; Member since: 17 Jul 2011)
So those who bought the new ipad before...Their fault is they bought it at the first time?
3. Seymur (unregistered)
Yes. Should've bought another tablet.
6. rickywinataa (Posts: 262; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
well, there's a big chance they'll update the dock port to lightning, but A6 processor is still a bit impossible. apple might want to us A?X in the future for iPad's processor like A5X
7. andro. (Posts: 1927; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Its the new ipad$. People with the current new ipad are so gonna have to upgrade and get this new ipad$,along with the ipad mini of course! Happy days
9. TheDarkKnight (banned) (Posts: 88; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
With apple swift, the ipad can kick surface rts ass!!!
20. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
He is, or is this Darkjedi? Na he dosen°t comment like that!®©
23. TheDarkKnight (banned) (Posts: 88; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
Apple swift (A6) processor is faster than tegra 3 (rumored for surface). Surface RT doesn't have any advantages over ipad.
1) ms office RT- ipad has iWork which is more intuitive and has iCloud device sync
2) Windows RT is mostly closed source( done some research) and can run only windows store apps
3) file browser- we don't need one. We have iBooks for PDFs, iWork for storing ppts, word documents and excel sheets, we have a videos app for all our movies. We can download free movies (itabmovies) as well as paid full HD movies from iTunes.
I request the readers of this website not be overly impressed just because Microsoft gives you that ugly windows 7 desktop that they give you with laptops along with the live tile interface. Oh and don't be impressed by those weird tricky gestures that they give you- it complicates life and simple and easy gestures are available on the ipad. Only surface pro can give ipad serious competition.
29. loli5 (Posts: 76; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
As sad and fascinating as that is, LMAO @ paying to buy the same damn thing over and over and over and over again. You do understand that's the definition of insanity right? You people keep buying the same damn thing and expecting something new or different.
31. TheDarkKnight (banned) (Posts: 88; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
There are always new and different things
33. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
yes there are and you decide to buy the same thing over and over. strip away the apple logo and trend that you have to have an apple to be 'cool' and the ipad isnt up to scratch, there nothing new or revolutionary. its the same thing over and over with a few minor updates
besides if you rely on a product to be accepted for a start thats sad.
42. TheDarkKnight (banned) (Posts: 88; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
Think four times before you say MINOR UPDATES. Because they are not minor. Just because you are a disappointed customer that does not mean you make up stuff.
43. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
yeah its minor updates, where's the radical change the evolution. there's none its almost identical to when it was first released.
a disappointed customer? nope im happy with what ive got thanks, have my phone and tablet that can do everything i need.
you do know your just another obsessed apple fan that cry's when anything negative is said against them
52. TheDarkKnight (banned) (Posts: 88; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
They are not identical. I think you are overreacting. You think your're android device is inferior and so you are trying to prove that apple products never change. That's not true. So shutup android fanboy!
53. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
No mate your the only one here blindly trying to defend your precious apple, ohh and my Nokia 808 isn't inferior neither is my archos 101 250gb.
But like every apple deluded fan boy you think only those who like android don't buy into apples overpriced crap. I'm not an android fan boy dumb ass
Go back to your precious apple store and look at all the identical crap
34. loli5 (Posts: 76; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
I think you meant to say " There are always new and different ways to sell people an ipod in different sizes without actually adding any value. LOL ios, I have seen the light and have bought my last resized ipod. Thank you, loli5, for changing the way I see the world."
32. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
WTF LMFAO BAAA BAAA BAAA. O MAN thats so funny.®©
10. malik113 (Posts: 2; Member since: 22 May 2012)
so here is the strategy that i think apple is following... they are gona refresh the new ipad with the given stuff above. and people are gona buy it like hell. and after few months they are gona launch the new model of the ipad with probably quad core.. and again people are gona buy it like hell. apple know how to get money out of people...
11. BadAssAbe (Posts: 434; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
Little known fact about the iPads, it takes 8 HOURS to fully charge. And no the "new" Lighting charger will not help it charge faster.
Motorola Xoom - 2 Hours top
12. nohomad (Posts: 4; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Lol no, I got one and it takes a while, but its not 8h wtf. Maybe 3-4 h max
30. loli5 (Posts: 76; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Well that's great for the Xoom and all, but will it make me an arrogant douchey hipster? Because if not, make mine apple!
13. protozeloz (Posts: 5327; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
I have lots of doubts about that, we haven't seen any pictures of the prototype with the iPhone and iPad mini leaks there is no way to have missed something like that. This could be for the next iPad next year tho
16. fanboy1974 (Posts: 997; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
This should make those cheap iPad users open up their wallets sooner than later. Apple's investors need the stock prices above $1000 before years end so chop chop.
18. PAPINYC (Posts: 2044; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
iDon't understand if it's the fourth iPad why would it be Third Generation???
Wouldn't it be Fourth Generation or iPad 3S.
Do we know if they are going to increase the screen size to 9.80"???
When will we see BodyTime™ on it; I love that new feature on iPhone 5.
24. Aeires (unregistered)
Had to. If someone is going to buy a tablet from Apple, the Mini is too close to the full sized. They have to distance them from each other so people are tempted to buy both.
Sucks for the people who bought the first three iPads, but then again, Apple hasn't changed their update strategy at all in the past five years. You buy an Apple product, you have to know what you're getting into, it's not been a secret the way they do business.
35. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
why? what makes them the best?
is it the pretty apple picture.....is that why you buy it because your not used to words but the picture gets your attention.
26. techguy22 (Posts: 226; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
there goes the IPad mini oh wait the N7 killer.
36. shirtlessrabbit4 (Posts: 39; Member since: 07 Oct 2012)
Not one under 500 dollars. That's sickening
38. loli5 (Posts: 76; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
That's apple. They know foolish people without the slightest idea of what quality tech and value is will eat it up, and then buy the next ipad when it comes out in 4-6 months.
37. xtremesv (Posts: 180; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
The "refresh" to include the lighting connector is plausible because that way they will sell more overpriced adaptors before Christmas. But an iPad 3 with A6, I don't think so. A6 uses a 3-core GPU to keep energy consumption tight for the iPhone 5. A5X has a 4-core GPU that gives the new iPad the crown for best graphic power on a tablet besides that was one of Apple's keynotes for their iTablet.
40. rusticguy (Posts: 2811; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
RT or Google NEXUS. So APPLE is on DND (Do not disturb) for me. I played with a 16GB IPAD3 last week and didn't quite like it when i have to do so many switches everytime that i need to just clear browser cache /cookie and return back to site as that's needed for me to test on work in progress on responsive sites...
44. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
maybe it will..and running iOS 6! and what else? same price...