Redsn0w iOS jailbreak tool updated to version 0.9.8b7, untethered solution still nowhere in sight
1. ilia1986 (unregistered)
And of course since Comex is now working for Apple, an untethered JB will not be released for a loooong time now.
Thankyou Apple, for not allowing me to have at least 1 percent of the customization options Android users have been enjoying since 2009. Thankyou so much. Really, I can't thank you enough for making JB that difficult.
2. iKingTrust (banned) (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
I am an iDiot / iSheep whatever these lames say on this website, but i feel your pain. But when they take one away more will arrive.
Lets hope this plays out in our favor
3. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Dude, I am an Apple user too, you know. iSheep are those who think that the iPhone is the best in everything and no better device and\or OS can ever be conceived. If you have JBen - or intend to JB your iPhone - you - like me - are not an iSheep - but a Free Rational Person trying to get what you - we - all of the rational iPhone users - deserve - FREEDOM.
4. iKingTrust (banned) (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
Thank you for clearing that up. So now that i know this i will no long use iSheep.
I can not live without my phone being Jail Broken.
5. ilia1986 (unregistered)
That's why my next phone is an Android one.
6. iKingTrust (banned) (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
No i wont go that far. I will never.
7. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Oh I know that it's scary, iKing.. I do. all the stuff with tweaking, and all. But do me a favor. Watch a couple of videos on Youtube regarding widgets, custom roms and such - and see what you can have. : )
10. protozeloz (Posts: 5392; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
trying new things is always nice believe me, I did and I don't think I've regret it, I'm quite happy so far. and it doesn't have to be android, you could try WP7 (maybe after mango), Lucas can tell you about that. or also wait till the new os version in android comes out if and if you want you could ask me.
8. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
ilia1986 i am not sure u know that comex developed the jailbreakme website and not redsnow limerain blackrain and all the others... and jailbreakme hasn't even worked for half of the os... it makes no sense for any jail breaker to release an untethered jailbreak right now as ios5 is looming around the corner... and do u not understand how easy jailbreaking is?
9. ilia1986 (unregistered)
I am aware of that - but I fear for the future of JBing - as it took comex a LOT of time to develop JBme.
As for the regular IPSW JB - tethered versions have already been released while it was said many times that an untethered solution is relatively far away. They are not releasing an untethered JB because it's too early. They are not releasing it because they don't know how to get it. Ever since 4.3.4.
11. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
yes because jailbreak me was a very advanced and easy to use tool.. there has been a jailbreak for every os and there will always be one.. apple first of all won't eave every flaw patched up and the jb community will find a way...
no u r wrong on that.. they CUD get it, it dud take a while and it is not worth the time trying to find an untethered jailbreak for 4.3.4 and 4.3.5 when iOS is coming out very soon.. also not very many people updated to those two oses as they literally came out a week apart from each other
13. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Nope - you're wrong.
So you see - because Apple fixed the JBme thingy - the hackers are having very hard time releasing an untethered JB - which they haven't done as of yet.
16. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
again.. iOS 5 is coming out in the next few weeks... might as well save it for then... u wanna bet there will be an untethered jailbreak for iOS 5?
12. matistight (Posts: 298; Member since: 13 May 2009)
You know what sucks? As a ex blackberry(9700) user, ex iOS(not that kiddie phone called iPhone 3G, iPhone 4) user, and now Android user(HTC Sensation 4G and LG G2x), I say the thing we are missing is an extremely stable OS(you can't argue, iOS is really stable) and that stupid App Store! So many things Androids missing, all in one app! It's sad, but true!
And also, a jailbreak untethered will be out after 5.0, they'd be dumb to release one a month before 5.0 is released.
14. ilia1986 (unregistered)
I don't think so man. I've watched youtube videos. I've read news articles about Android apps. I've done my research. I have 2 conclusions regarding this:
1. Any out-of-the-box software problems on the phone can be eliminated via a custom rom. For your sensation, try Android HD. I heard it's excellent. As a JBen iPhone 4 user I tell you - I have problems as well sometimes. How many times a week do you have technical problems (freezes, app crashes, lag for no reason) and do you use a custom rom?
2. The Android market has about 200,000+ Apps. That means that all the core apps one expects - such as Facebook, evernote, etc etc are all there. Sure, the market doesn't have all of those flashy new games - but the core functionality is all there app-wise.