Redesigned Apple iPhone 5 earphones show horse head-like appearance
0. phoneArena 01 Sep 2012, 21:57 posted on
We've shown you pictures of Apple iPhone 5 mock-ups so you probably have a good idea what the 6th generation version of Apple's iconic touchscreen is going to look like; but what will the earphones look like that come in the box with the redesigned Apple iPhone?
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. mercorp (Posts: 995; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
Even htc's poor earphones are more pratical.
2. AndroidVsApple (Posts: 12; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Looks Ugly...Horrible..Disappointing. Keep the old headphones damn it Or make them with Flat Cables so they dont tangle so frequently. Like the BEATS Earphones
14. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
I hate the old headphones, they fall out of my ears. These look like they'll stay put.
Anyway,,, shouldnt sound be more important? I mean, I don't necessarily wear headphones to make a fashion statement.
3. Peter98 (Posts: 119; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
Special design but how to use it? Looks not practical.
4. lilg29 (Posts: 89; Member since: 14 Sep 2011)
"Revolutionary" i see... Please apple, i didn't like your headphones before (because of comfort reasons) and I certainly don't like these (it doesn't look like apple's doing).
30. JessJess (unregistered)
So.. you can tell how comfortable they are from a photo? Keep trollin' trollin' trollin'
37. lilg29 (Posts: 89; Member since: 14 Sep 2011)
1) i don't like trolling, i was stating the truth...
2) those things are already molded versus apple's gel buds which are way comfier, knowing the previous headphones already being molded these would probably be unconfortable unless they had different sizes.
38. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
I suppose you can taste food by looking at pictures on a menu as well.
I want your special powers :o
5. amiaq (Posts: 503; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
I heard you stick those damn things up your nose holes. Apple has patented it already.
6. meowcenary (Posts: 187; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
How does it even look like a horse? It looks more like a pair of cat testicles, if anything.
19. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
I found another close up picture of these on the internet
8. TheLibertine (Posts: 484; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
They gonna sue farmers over horse-head design.
15. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
APPLE VS BUDWIESER
Anheiser bush banned in the US over Horse design. Budwieser claims they had Horses in their commercials before apple. When suddenly Apple shows exhibit A: a 200 page email showing how Budweiser wants to copy apple's headphones.
shame on you Budwieser tsk tsk.
9. TheRetroReplay (Posts: 253; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
Looks more like a horseshoe than a horse head.
10. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
That pic reminds me of Beaker from the Muppets.
11. Savage (unregistered)
Even Apple's headphones make headlines.
17. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
Yes... and the worst part... mostly Android fans commenting on how much it sucks.
18. HäckeMáte (Posts: 168; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
Oh maan, pass the Haterade, theres quite a bit of angry Android users up in here. I swear they comment more on Apple articles than the stuff they ACTUALLY like.
41. ILikeBubbles (Posts: 462; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
not compared to apple cultists...........
there's zealots on both sides of course
but show me one Androidfan Applebasher i'll show you 10 applefan android bashers...
24. whysoserious (Posts: 318; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Just like how apple sheeps troll about how android suck, copycat and sh*t everytime there's something new about it. It's a never-ending cycle so get used to it, my friend. At least we, android fans are truthful about what we say about Apple; it sucks, and so this earphone.
31. JessJess (unregistered)
"At least we, android fans are truthful about what we say about Apple; it sucks, and so this earphone."
Thanks for the comedy.
25. Savage (unregistered)
Haha ,that's funny because I just said they make headlines. No judgments nor snide remarks made by me, won't you agree?
29. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
lol, I never said it sucks, but...it is overblown.
12. frydaexiii (Posts: 1408; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Ugh, who's gonna use those ugly POS? Maybe if people bought Android or WP, they'd have enough money left over to get some decent earphones like Audio-Technica or Sennheiser.
13. AndroidVsApple (Posts: 12; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Ooo So Modern Just look at them Their ugly..i bet people who are going to buy the iPhone 5 are going to buy extra headphones and Agreed you can stick these up your noses so when your sick All the Snot wont come out .....
16. BigBoss10 (Posts: 260; Member since: 31 Aug 2012)
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL!!!! Looks like 80's headphones
21. Rocksteady (unregistered)
What's important is the performance and comfy.
Let's wait and see.
(Although I personally don't like the design, could have looked better)
32. JessJess (unregistered)
Personally I had mixed results with the old apple headphones. They felt comfy in but often 'popped' out. They felt a little too big for my ears. I hope these stay in better.
39. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
That is precisely my complain too. They popped out. Everytime I lay down on the bench at the gym they fall out.
Im glad they changed the design I just hope it was to address those complains. I could care less how they look.
26. karoafriyie (Posts: 19; Member since: 19 Aug 2012)
oh so now everything apple brings out sucks hm i bet most of you have apple as you first love
40. frydaexiii (Posts: 1408; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Yeah, it's embarrassing really...Apple is really one of those where it looks like the grass is greener, only to realise it's a s**tty locked up pit of despair and you've made a huge mistake, feeling even worst that you once even looked up to it.
28. voxmarc (Posts: 327; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
looks more like mantis eye,reminds of kungfu panda.
33. skymitch89 (Posts: 1214; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
Too bad that the video is set to "private".
34. Peter27 (Posts: 233; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
I stopped watching comedy central channel.
The news from Apple are much more funny.
35. Peter27 (Posts: 233; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
It's year 2112 and children at school have history lesson.
Teacher says: And in 2012 Apple came up with these headphones.
A big laugh in the classroom!
36. xtian1103 (Posts: 361; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
look at all these guys excited about every apple news. they didn't bail out even a headphone
43. GregL (Posts: 2; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
You're a moron neither of your sentences make sense, and your grammar is child's play! Tisk tisk!
42. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3187; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Looks like it'll be featured in the next Star Trek movie.
It looks like it could fly...like those flying machines in the move...
44. GregL (Posts: 2; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Who gives a rat's ass what they look like? Don't like them? Don't wear them! Simple solution children.
47. downphoenix (Posts: 2808; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
I hate earbuds with a burning passion. Maybe its just my ears, but they are uterly TERRIBLE.
I have to admit though, the redesign of these COULD be a good thing, although Im still skeptical due to the fact I've never found a single pair of earbuds that actually fit properly and comfortably.