Red Nexus 5 is finally official, available in Google Play Store
0. phoneArena 04 Feb 2014, 17:58 posted on
Finally, the red variant of the Nexus 5 is here. Now available in the Google Play Store, the model was the subject of questionable videos, suspect photographs and speculative reports. The good news is that the pricing remains the same with the 16GB model tagged at $349 and the 32 GB variant priced at $399. The device will ship in just one to two days...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. knights4life03 (Posts: 123; Member since: 09 Jun 2011)
Looks beautiful! I'm probably going to sell my galaxy s4 for this
10. KingaSpades (Posts: 39; Member since: 04 Nov 2013)
Can someone please explain to me how this is considered "Red" when the front is clearly black. HTC doesn't do that, Samsung doesn't, Apple doesn't. It sucks that they would put these out like this. It's like a half done job. Like they said just give it to them. It has nexus on it. They'll buy it half done.
11. hurrycanger (Posts: 620; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
Nexus 5 is a "budget" device for its specs. It's cheaper to use the exact same front panel rather than producing a new one in red.
By the way, the iPhone 5C has black front panel regardless what color you buy. So yeah, Apple does do that... on a $550 phone.
Oh and bright red would look terrible in the front, too.
15. knights4life03 (Posts: 123; Member since: 09 Jun 2011)
Bro its just the design that google wanted. Just because the back of the phone is red doesn't its half done... Its looks interesting with a two tone look and stands out from other flagships that Samsung, apple, HTC, etc.
23. Honestcritic (Posts: 14; Member since: 14 Nov 2013)
Apple actually does do that. iPhone C..?
3. XperiaOptimusOne (unregistered)
They should have kept the earpiece black.
8. Dingy_cellar_dweller (Posts: 178; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
Makes it easer to tell which way up when the screen is off.
9. XperiaOptimusOne (unregistered)
Maybe, but that didn't seem to be an issue with the black version.
4. Ant34 (Posts: 193; Member since: 10 Aug 2013)
It's been in the Play Store for three to four hours now.
22. Adithya7184 (Posts: 267; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
yes. just checked.available in Indian play store.
5. rodneyej1 (Posts: 2873; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
If you're interested in Android,, you got to be crazy to not consider this device.. This might be the coolest Android device ever..
If only it came with a 6"+ screen opinion.
Man, it looks good in red...
I wish we had LG on the home team..
12. networkdood (Posts: 5552; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I really want to give Windows a try, but, their phones are too locked up for me to consider them.
6. Professor (Posts: 115; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
The red point (earpiece?) in the front screws the whole design... They should have keep it in black. With that red thing there... Sorry but no thanks. I don't want it not even as a present...
24. milesboy5 (Posts: 126; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
Check the white Nexus 5 ...has a white earpiece black has a black one and red...you guessed it...they followed suit
7. GeekMovement (Posts: 1497; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
lol I don't think it looks too bad with the red earpiece although I agree that it might have looked better black.
13. networkdood (Posts: 5552; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Buy a red case - if you still have not purchased a Nexus 5, buy it in black.
16. evarod48 (Posts: 130; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
exactly what I did, it's basically the red one but with protection!
14. E.S.1 (Posts: 286; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
Damn....My white LG G2 is for sale for this :)
17. a_merryman (Posts: 546; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
I really want them to release that blue mock-up one that somebody made a while back, damn that was sexy.
20. __0__ (Posts: 187; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Gong hei fat choi
Released during chinese new year
21. AndrewStow (Posts: 5; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
I desperately want this device. Verizon, what's the hold up?
25. andynaija (Posts: 353; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
I don't think Verizon is getting this device sorry.
27. BRYLYNT (Posts: 23; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
It's not gonna happen. Verizon refuses to have a device that cheap as an option. People would be more inclined to keep their unlimited data packages and just buy the device off contract and well verizon just can't have that.
26. saratew (Posts: 4; Member since: 15 Apr 2012)
I hit the purchase button in a breath. Waiting patiently for its arrival.
28. COZMAN (Posts: 99; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
Most disappointing phone I owned. Sold within a week. Horrible screen resolution, lightweight and cheap feeling.
29. COZMAN (Posts: 99; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
I saw a cmment about selling an S4 and replacing iit with this? Uh.....no. It is like trading in your Ferrari on a Chevy.
30. acwinicker (Posts: 1; Member since: 19 Sep 2013)
Is this worth it or should I just be happy with my blue HTC one?
31. tolucafreak (Posts: 1; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
OK so looking at these specs on the Google Play Edition of the Nexus 5, it looks like it is compatible with Verizon's network however does anyone truly know if this phone will really work for them?