Recent Nexus 4 buyers have 15 days to get a $100 refund
0. phoneArena 28 Aug 2013, 09:57 posted on
Yesterday, Google made some news by dropping the price of the already very inexpensive Nexus 4, but naturally that left open some questions about what would happen to those who had just purchased the Nexus 4 before the price drop happened. Google has clarified the policy, and it looks like some recent buyers will be able to get a $100 refund...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3012; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
That is some deal Google...some good deal.
6. Heatfan316 (Posts: 417; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
I known! You think Apple would do something like that ha ha...Not!
7. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2187; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Actually, they did something similar when the iPad 4 came out for people who had just bought the iPad 3.
3. jove39 (Posts: 1283; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I think google is clearing stock...making way for next Nexus phone
9. MartianMe (unregistered)
Hahaha.....give him some slack bro!!....Lol
4. Jmetta (Posts: 3; Member since: 25 Apr 2012)
At&t has a 14 price guarantee. Same policy as Google though you have to ask for it and difference is put towards your next bill.
8. PootisMan (Posts: 203; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
Kind of sucks for nexus 4 buyers that bought the phone on launch day since now the resale value just took a big dive. Other than that though this seems to be the greatest deal of all time for an unlocked smartphone.
10. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
I was one of them and don't have a problem with this, the N4 is roughly a year old and it's still an outstanding handset.
12. PK1983 (Posts: 172; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
The Nexus 4 debuted at $299/349. It lost approximately $100 in value over the course of a year. Couple that with being on an unlimited pre-pay plan and you have the best deal in smartphones by a long shot.
15. Paradox (Posts: 123; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
Yeah I'm actually gutted, because I was planning on selling my nexus 4 before the new nexus came out, and then pick the new one up for a small loss, but now they just cut £80 off the price in UK, so that's like £80 lost.
11. gkarthik16 (Posts: 5; Member since: 19 Jul 2013)
A question here: If the purchase was made using a credit card, how does the refund happen?
13. Pancholo (Posts: 377; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
It gets cancelled, then you get re-charged with those $100 off I'd assume. I may be talking out of my arse as I've witnessed quite a few returns bought with credit cards. Someone else give this guy peace of mind.
17. parkwaydr (Posts: 572; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
Most of the time with things like this they just give you a 100 visa rebate card. Or they will just refund 100 to the card used.
14. Taters (Posts: 3012; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Still contemplating whether or not I should pull the trigger on this with the Nexus 5 coming in November....... Hmm 3 months is a long time and it also isn't a long time....
18. rite2hhh (Posts: 7; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
Doesn't do any good for me. i ordered the phone on 9th :'(
19. mahmood74 (Posts: 12; Member since: 24 Jul 2013)
any one here have nexus 4 plz send me message i want ask
20. iParkos (Posts: 12; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
The refund took about 2 business days. And there was no problem when I called them to initiate a refund.