Recent Android malware threat not as scary as previously thought
1. bloodline (Posts: 691; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
3 years on android, no virus or malware ever and I have downloaded a ton of apps
3. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
well, the boards (the intelligent non-troll members) called that right. they just made a big deal out of nothing to try to scare people into buying their product. its not malware, its just annoying
4. iamcaa (Posts: 1; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
i guess we will be seeing more and more annoying adware if this is allow in android. we have keep deleting, and changing our homepage
5. networkdood (Posts: 6261; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
DUH!! Stop scaring people with bogus articles. Never ever had a trojan/virus on any smartphone or on a PC - why? 'cause I know what I am doing....
7. shnibz (Posts: 153; Member since: 18 Sep 2011)
I just got that search short cut on my homepage on GNex :( how do i get rid of this malware?
8. Sdubb3 (Posts: 19; Member since: 22 Jan 2012)
I just got caught by this crap. I recently installed Line Runner and Funny Bus games and the search icon popped up on one of my screens. Lookout didn't even catch it. I uninstalled both games (icon on screen stayed) and installed Norton Lite. Says phone is safe but now I'm paranoid. Malware is malware right?