Reasons why some people really have locks on their phones
0. phoneArena 21 May 2012, 03:59 posted on
Last week, we delved into the topic surrounding locks on our smartphones and how it plays a role in certain relationships. Naturally, there are many valid reasons as to why people prefer having locks on their devices, such as piece of mind in the event that it’s lost or stolen, but for others...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. IgorEfremenko (Posts: 31; Member since: 30 Nov 2011)
Well, I did it long time ago for the security purpose and now I don't have any other choice as my SE does not allow me to remove phone lock :(
BTW does anybody have the same bug?
3. andro. (Posts: 1890; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
The main reason people have the lock on these days is to prevent getting fraped on Facebook if they have left their phone unguarded at work etc.
17. John.V (Posts: 88; Member since: 27 May 2011)
You're absolutely right with that one! You can tell who got messed with on Facebook & Twitter.
4. medalaster01 (Posts: 40; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Well not exactly but i do lock my phone.
5. just.mer (Posts: 2; Member since: 11 May 2011)
6th reason about Having the sense of ownership i liked the most. Personally I don't have a lock on my phone. I just don't need it, but I know why my brother locks his phone
in that case, I am not able to play on his mobile without letting him know this. And of course he feels very satisfied when sb asks him - " oh, and how can I unlock it? "
6. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
the last one is the best...oh, my precious darling, come to me, so soft curvature...hmmm:D
and the first one:]
hell, it was so obvious:D
7. ibap (Posts: 650; Member since: 09 Sep 2009)
I've worked with pranksters - a good enough reason for a lock.
9. kshell1 (Posts: 1112; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
I may only be 16 but all of these except 5 apply to me. especially 2
11. mercorp (Posts: 915; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
This is hilarious!
By the way,i do not have a lock.
12. pjsmiffy76 (Posts: 2; Member since: 21 May 2012)
Well with reason 2 change siblings for kids.
History erasure and incognito browsing hides what I have been doing.
On my phone texts come through and the first few lines come up so risk of the Mrs setting if I was up to no good.
Besides the Mrs could probably guess my lock pin esp as my daughter knows the last digit.
I suggest trying Prey or wheres my droid for an if lost tracking service. And hope the screen lock stops a factory reset.
13. mercorp (Posts: 915; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
Lol the 6th picture.
Someone simply loves old htcs...:-)
20. Captain_Doug (Posts: 728; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
there's an X(2) on the far left. Kinda out of place.
14. MorePhonesThanNeeded (Posts: 612; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Very valid reasons, but I lock mine in case I lose it and I don't want the finder going through my phone as it's attached to my email accounts and lots of other sensitive information relating to my significant other. It's personal device and must be protected which is why I also have anti theft app that allows me to remotely wipe the phone should I lose it. It's a good thing to lock your phone also in the case of butt dialing or just someone picking up your phone and playing around with it(that is the most annoying thing in the world).
15. adi4u4882 (Posts: 135; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
Reasons for having Lock:
2) Pictures of themselves
16. 1ceTr0n (Posts: 287; Member since: 20 May 2012)
Again, I want my phone to be instantly up and running, I don't wanna deal with a damn lock screen every time I want to use my phone. I am single and don't use my Galaxy Note for business and I sure as hell will never loose this big and white sexy thing, so thanks to no lock app, I am lock screen and guilt.free
18. Galaxys2...R (Posts: 46; Member since: 04 Oct 2011)
I have a lock on my HTC because I dont want anyone going through my phone, especially if it gets locked. Only my gf knows my unlock pattern.
19. paulyyd (Posts: 316; Member since: 08 Jan 2011)
not going to lie here. the nudes and so my girlfriend doesn't go snooping through my texts is why i have a lock code on my phone. Merica'
22. lenkiatleong (Posts: 1; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
It slows one down to have lock to use the mobile. I am using custom ROM MIUI on my galaxy nexus.It allows me to select specific app to have lock function, e.g., sms, email, gallery, file manager and etc..
Back to the original question, one surely needs lock for sms and emails for the same reason as in one's computer.
Why nobody ask or raise suspicion when one enable login function for computer?