Real world Nexus 5 leak shows Android 4.4 KitKat boot animation
0. phoneArena 16 Sep 2013, 17:44 posted on
Ever since we first saw the Nexus 5 pop up in that Android KitKat statue video that "accidentally" showed off the LG Nexus 5, the information about the device, or at least what we think is accurate info on it, has been coming in pretty regularly. But today, we're getting the first real world images and video of the new LG Nexus in action...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. LG_is_the_best (unregistered)
Conveniently just left at a bar
20. TechBlue (Posts: 68; Member since: 06 May 2010)
yea I call B.S. this is all hype by Google. the guy who took the pics and the Video works for Google...do they really think we are that stupid? but what they do know is... that they know we will spend time on here talking this to death LOL
22. LG_is_the_best (unregistered)
Haha no joke
2. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Lost in a bar, wtf?
Wonder how long before self destruct happens?
3. vananucho (Posts: 60; Member since: 01 Jun 2011)
Someone is getting fired today at Google's HQ ;)
8. jan25 (Posts: 445; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
they would be losing many employees if they took that path
4. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7035; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Just wait fir official veiling. This guy only cares bout getting views.
5. moden6 (Posts: 2; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
The same friggin thing happened with the N4, being left at a bar in San Fran =/
6. cocote177 (Posts: 17; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
I think this photes were not accidentaly taken. This is part of the hype of the unveiling.
7. gust3r3u (Posts: 84; Member since: 11 Apr 2013)
the phone is charging so the good news is they can still try to unlock the phone ...the bad news is they got about a bilion more combinations to go , the worst news is that after a few hours of drinking they will try to unlock the device with their face or god knows what else , oh well ..
9. PootisMan (Posts: 227; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
I want the phone now Google! The hype is killing me!!
10. Edmund (Posts: 656; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
one of the ugliest phones I've seen in a while, particularly the rear.
12. JojoGo101 (Posts: 211; Member since: 17 Dec 2012)
I want this. Now. It's now or never. I will buy you no matter what, sorry Moto X.
13. Doakie (Posts: 1660; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Yeah... Sort of want. What would the benefits be to buy this over the Note 3 or One Max? I'm thinking the only benefit for me would be the persistent on-screen recent apps button. Other than that I think I'd rather have the One Max.....
15. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
will probably have better camera
will get faster updates
those are a few that come to mind
17. goojman (Posts: 56; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
I'm sure the owner of that phone was 10 feet away laughing at his feeble attempts & smiling at how he achieved his mission in getting some exposure for this upcoming beast!!
18. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1628; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
well its sure is ugly one but will wait till final one...
19. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1093; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
No reason to upgrade over the Nexus 4 unless you're a camera geek. :–/
21. TechBlue (Posts: 68; Member since: 06 May 2010)
many reasons to upgrade from the Fragile Glass N4
23. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1093; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
It's not anymore fragile than any other phone in a case. And how many phones do you see not in cases?
24. hallucinogenius (Posts: 14; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
My phone isn't in a case. Of course, every time I look at it i add another 7 years to my bad luck lol.
25. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1093; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Lol I feel ya. I hate over-marketed weak-ass Gorilla Glass. I don't know anyone who hasn't broken at least one smartphone.
26. Fuego84 (Posts: 312; Member since: 13 May 2012)
Google is just having fun, all of it was planned. Making fun of apple much.
27. Sniggly (Posts: 7285; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
It is kind of odd that the Google employee would leave the device to *charge* at a bar. Do bars offer free charging services now? Also odd that it happens exactly as the previous iPhone leaks have.
Also of note is that some asshole didn't up and steal the Nexus, as excited as they were to handle it.
As for the boot animation, I'm guessing that the four blobs might stretch out into an X pattern. Don't take my word for it though.
29. troutsy (Posts: 288; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
Hahaha, it actually makes perfect sense with some of the previous leaks. The phone is packing that tiny little 2300 mAh battery inside, so OF COURSE the guy with the phone is going to need to be charging it every chance he gets.
But really, no trolling intended. This is exciting.
28. fistigons (Posts: 265; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
Anybody notice the initials on the bottom of the lock screen? HP VP? Hugo Barra?
30. lifeyourlive (Posts: 126; Member since: 23 Aug 2013)
my response to the video is /watch?v=_jy5-3gmbH8
32. IliyaBeshkov (Posts: 245; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
This boot animation looks like the Google Play Edition phones...