Reading Rainbow hits stretch goal of $5 million, so it's coming to mobile
0. phoneArena 03 Jul 2014, 09:13 posted on
If you lived in America as a child anytime from the early 80s until about 10 years ago, there's a fair chance that you have experienced Reading Rainbow. The show, hosted by Lavar Burton, taught kids about the joy of reading. And, we here are pretty big fans of reading (what with being a bunch of writers who like having a literate audience). So, we're pretty happy that the Reading Rainbow Kickstarter has reached its stretch goal of $5 million...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3736; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I really like that show when I was growing up.
5. domfonusr (Posts: 280; Member since: 17 Jan 2014)
I grew up watching that show on PBS... I remember seeing the first episode when it launched. Man, were those the days!
9. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2097; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Reading Rainbow came out the year I was born--1983. If you remember watching the first episode when it launched, that would make you 33 at the very least. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I highly doubt you're that old.
10. domfonusr (Posts: 280; Member since: 17 Jan 2014)
Actually, I am 33, and I'll be 34 in a couple of months. Thank you for doubting my old age, though... lol!
11. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2097; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Haha. I know the feeling. You're definitely welcome.
4. corporateJP (Posts: 1515; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
Geordi LaForge couldn't read a book without his visor...just saying...
6. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6116; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Ah classic show bring back so many memories. Kids now and days reads on tablet instead of a real book which is sad.