Readers' tablet spec comparison: how does the Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet fare?
1. imkyle (Posts: 1065; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
According to the Nook Tablet press release, they said that that Kindle Fire had only 512MB of ram? If it is 1GB, that's just sweeeeet :)
2. AngusNG12345 (Posts: 37; Member since: 19 Jul 2011)
i'm pretty sure the fire has only 512 megs of ram...?
3. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
It's the microSD option that gets the Nook Tab my vote. Stock Honeycomb (and likely ICS) without rooting? Check!
4. downphoenix (Posts: 3051; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
the nook tablet looks better overall on the hardware front since it has double the storage and is extendable unlike the amazon tablet, but the amazon tablet does have the advantage of the amazon app store and other amazon services. Its a tough choice indeed.
5. Dr.Phil (Posts: 1064; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
You have to remember that while B&N has the better tablet now, Amazon is having another tablet in the works that will probably be better in specs than the B&N tablet and also probably price match them at $250, possibly at most up to $300.