Ray Kurzweil joins Google, the Singularity really must be close
0. phoneArena 14 Dec 2012, 19:04 posted on
Futurist Ray Kurzweil is joining the team at Google. Kurzweil is most famous for making popular the idea of the "technological singularity" which predicts a time where computers will possess a "superintelligence", and it would be impossible to discern artificial intelligence from human intelligence. That sounds like something Google would be quite interested in, even if it does push us all closer to Skynet...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. roscuthiii (Posts: 1658; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
I wouldn't mind robot arms, but I'm leery about robot hands. Too much chafing... :-|
9. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1059; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
ok so whats in the future....SkyNet, the Geth, or Human Augmentations....just for the record I am good with all of the above :)
15. darkkjedii (Posts: 8878; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Phenom I'm not so sure this guy will b good for google lol. He seems kinda out there bro.
3. lyndon420 (Posts: 1448; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Awesome. Hope he brings some cool stuff to the table.
5. DaNTRoN (Posts: 133; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
This man is.... Ahead of his time. Watch transcendent man. This is maybe the most important tech news of the year.. could turn out to be most important in our lives
6. someones4 (Posts: 608; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
My wish is to witness the singularity in this generation. Google is the one with the most potential to realize this dream.
7. amiaq (Posts: 314; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
We have that singularity already!! Look at Apple fans, clones of each other.
8. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I don't know what to say about this..
Sounds disturbing, frankly
10. JussSaynMayn (Posts: 6; Member since: 01 Nov 2012)
His eyes make me uneasy. I see an iRobot scenario coming up in the future.
11. cretinick (Posts: 146; Member since: 25 Jan 2011)
Be afraid... Be Very afraid!
Machines with intelligence indistinguishable from the Human intelligence... This is cool in the first sight. But it is freaking scary!
12. user312 (Posts: 68; Member since: 21 Aug 2012)
It sounds like they are trying to get a Halo 4 future but they're skipping over a black ops 2 future, it just doesn't make sense to me.
13. sadiq15 (Posts: 1; Member since: 15 Dec 2012)
i may as well change my name to JENSEN. since we will soon be leaving in a Deus X kind of way.