Raw concert footage demonstrates once again the audio recording might of the Nokia Lumia 920
0. phoneArena 19 Nov 2012, 03:09 posted on
Three rock concert videos recorded with the Nokia Lumia 920 demonstrate the power of its Rich Recording technology that captures from the very low to very high range without distortion...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Dr.Phil (Posts: 1105; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I must say that is really impressive considering how loud concerts are and how distorted the audio is on a lot of concert recordings.
2. tiara6918 (Posts: 2017; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
I thought the video recorded was captured from a camcorder, looks like the lumia 920 proves itself once again!
3. MeoCao (unregistered)
Very impressive, I have no doubt that if 920 ran JB it would be a smash hit.
10. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
come on , cant you just give props without bringing in android for once
besides i doubt android can support pureview. it doesnt need jb its fine on wp8
14. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Android lags as hell! My roomie just bought that 'Dual core 1.5GHz' so called 'Powerful' device, and guess what, after installing 10-15 popular apps it's lagging as hell. Waste of time, even a flashlight app takes 5-10 secs to load. Crap literally.
15. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
every os will experience lag if your a heavy user, its just android fanboys dont want to accept this but instead slag off other os's for problems there precious android also experiences
if android was as good as they make it out there would be no need to update.
but i think the android fanboys are just all hurt nokia didnt go android. so now they have to say how wp8 is crap because in some way they think it will make nokia go android
pathetic isnt the word anymore its beyond that
17. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
You read my mind, friend! +1 for that.
4. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Awesome sound! Still this can be better. Nokia has provided rich recording to the 920, but only mono. While the 808 sports stereo. For an idea how crisp the recording is, you can see any vid by 'generalthedestroyer'. I'm waiting for next gen Lumias with stereo recording.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
5. husfus (Posts: 62; Member since: 21 Oct 2012)
This is the perfect smartphone for music lover
6. Bfrenz (Posts: 107; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
Every smarphones including iPhone and SIII records in mono.
8. seeds (Posts: 48; Member since: 13 Apr 2011)
Pure or fake ?
Btw i really like lumia 920, if this device running 4.0 or 4.1/4.2 must be great
11. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
yeah no ones laughing, you need to get educated
22. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
nope your more like an immature kid who's trying to jump on the nokia fakes everything bandwagon
so how about you go look in the mirror and laugh because like everyone there only laughing at you
9. Valdomero (Posts: 145; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
THIS (tri-microphone HAAC setup of Nokia's patented Rich Audio Recording technology) is a real patent, not turn page animation or rectangles with round corners, learn Apple!
This shows once again that Nokia makes phones that are exceptional, way to go Nokia! My next phone will be one of the Lumia family.
12. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1888; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
No one could argue that Nokia phone's cameras are just awesome. But I really wish they make Android devices as well :/ I just can't get used W8 OS
13. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
is that why all the android fans are slating what nokia's doing, because there having a tantrum nokia didnt go android and fall intothe swarm of android phones
16. gazmatic (Posts: 794; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
what part of maemo and meego don't you understand?
18. SemperFiV12 (Posts: 944; Member since: 09 Nov 2010)
Pretty good stuff... I generally try not to record during concerts and enjoy them. For the people that really want to capture their favorite song (to replay many times afterwards), great for them.
19. pliskin1 (Posts: 59; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
Is the same audio recording features available on the 820?
20. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Yeah. Only the cam unit is inferior to 920.