RUU of HTC Endeavor shows pictures of HTC Sense 4.0
0. phoneArena posted on 12 Feb 2012, 19:26
The ROM Update Utility on the HTC Endeavor turned out to be the motherlode for pictures of the HTC Sense 4.0; pictures show the lock screen, Stocks page, favorite contacts, photo gallery in both portrait and landscape modes...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. aztaxia12295 posted on 12 Feb 2012, 19:32 6 4
they really have to get rid of the lag, that is their number one concern.
everything else is a bonus.
5. JGuinan007 posted on 12 Feb 2012, 20:06 2 0
You should see what the devs at XDA have done with sense devs like WildChild for example have optimized sense 3.5 to work with no lag on Inspire 4g/Desire HD and Vivid. Oh and still keep it stock without all the carrier bloat,
2. Droid_X_Doug posted on 12 Feb 2012, 19:35 0 0
The screenshots do look nice. I hope Sense 4.0 goes easy on the system overhead. It would be sad to learn that Sense 4.0 requires a quad core processor to be able to run.
Separately, has anyone heard whether screen capture can be done natively on ICS? If memory serves, earlier versions of Android required rooting to be able to do screen captures.
4. Retro-touch posted on 12 Feb 2012, 19:59 1 0
Yes screen capture is native on ICS, I'm using it (ICS) on my Captivate
17. Droid_X_Doug posted on 13 Feb 2012, 00:05 1 0
Rock on! (Thumbup) How do you do it (what button press sequence)?
Looking forward to ICS on my Razr!
18. the_s2 posted on 13 Feb 2012, 00:14 2 0
Volume down+power key.
19. Droid_X_Doug posted on 13 Feb 2012, 00:31 1 0
Interesting.... Press and hold the volume down+power key combination on the Razr is the equivalent of a battery pull.
Looking forward to ICS on my Razr! (Thumbup)
3. KingKurogiii posted on 12 Feb 2012, 19:56 4 1
well it looks very...sense-y but aren't you guys getting ready for a change? especially after seeing stock ICS?
7. tedkord posted on 12 Feb 2012, 20:52 4 5
Not a chance. I'd take Sense over stock ICS any day. Hands down the nicest UI so far. ICS Is smooth, but dull. It'd be my next choice.
9. SGSII posted on 12 Feb 2012, 21:16 2 0
I want Htc Sense like this, with no lag, and all the other features it already has. Then people won't be able to complain about a Snapdragon... Then it would run like a Snapdragon on Touchwhiz, but Sense instead. Do you guys get what I'm saying!? Are you listening HTC???
12. tedkord posted on 12 Feb 2012, 21:47 0 0
Huh? TouchWIZ on a snapdragon is laggy as hello. Sense on my Thunderbolt (snapdragon) is smoother than TouchWIZ of any Galaxy S I've tried. Even stock. However, sense 3.0 on a custom ROM is totally lag free.
15. KingKurogiii posted on 12 Feb 2012, 22:41 1 0
then apparently you haven't touched an AT&T, Sprint or whatever Galaxy S II variant that use Exynos. :P
22. tedkord posted on 13 Feb 2012, 08:01 0 0
Actually, I have, and it's laggier than Sense on my Phone.
14. KingKurogiii posted on 12 Feb 2012, 22:38 1 0
i complain about the Snapdragon series being what it is, an inferior SoC. Sense won't change much.
8. KEVlN posted on 12 Feb 2012, 21:10 5 1
I love sense. Nothing feels as polished and premium. This doesn't wow me but I think the old sense experience will still be there. I just hope its more fluid and less power consuming. I miss my sensation. I'll definitely consider HTC again now that they're going back to using amoled displays. Their build quality is unmatched. Then again, its gonna be a while until I get rid of my gnex.
10. Cwebb posted on 12 Feb 2012, 21:40 2 0
Why can't HTC just leave the poor status bar alone?!?!?!! What did it ever do to them!
11. biophone posted on 12 Feb 2012, 21:44 3 0
I love it. I love sense. Its perfect. Way better then stock. Way better. Just not in terms of updates.
23. tedkord posted on 13 Feb 2012, 08:03 0 0
Yeah, this is the one drawback to Sense, and it's huge. But, it's an issue all OEM UI's have to deal with, and among the big players, HTC sure isn't the worst at getting updates out.
13. REYNER posted on 12 Feb 2012, 21:48 1 0
htc sense is cool as a whole but my only complain here would be the icons, it looks way back froyo days. how i hope functionality and smooth performance would compensate and of course more eye-candy interface haha! :)
20. Jphones posted on 13 Feb 2012, 02:18 0 0
Well I got a Sensation and its sensational gotta admit the battery and signal sucks but hey my phone still better than that garbage iphone. An yes all u Apple fan boys it is garbage compared to android and I use to work at Apple fixing them so I know first hand. Can't wait for the update ICS and Sense 4.0 ha my spider sense is tingling
24. tedkord posted on 13 Feb 2012, 08:05 0 0
Well, I'm not sure if that was a reverse troll, or not.
21. Sniggly posted on 13 Feb 2012, 02:19 0 0
Sense has always been a nice, if resource intensive, skin. It looks like HTC may be leaving the dock at the bottom untouched, while adding more lockscreen functionality, both of which are really cool steps.