RIP: T-Mobile G2x; was T-Mobile's first dual-core phone
0. phoneArena 12 Jan 2012, 19:39 posted on
We regretfully and solemnly must inform you, our dear readers, of the passing of the T-Mobile G2x which in its prime was known as the the first dual-core smartphone available for T-Mobile; the handset drew its last breath on January 6th...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. bbonline (Posts: 38; Member since: 24 Feb 2011)
Phonearena, this article has a big error. The first dual-core phone in the United States was the Motorola ATRIX 4G on AT&T. It came out in February vs April for the G2X. Please fix as the whole story seems to be centered around this important fact. Thanks!
5. Carlitos (Posts: 378; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
I know. I read this earlier and i swear, i was like no? The Atrix was first. But then i didnt comment cause i was afraid people were going to thumbs down, and prove me wrong or something
6. knights4life03 (Posts: 131; Member since: 09 Jun 2011)
bro read before u post they its it was the first dual core phone the carrier itself! phonearena has it rite
9. enjoi45 (Posts: 7; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
it says first duel core on t-mobile.. was it different before?
13. Anti-Fanboy (Posts: 38; Member since: 28 Sep 2011)
They changed it. it said first dual core in the country before
2. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
8.5 for a buggy phone out less than a year in the market. Whatever. Tmo better replace this with the HD8!
3. Rotate (Posts: 26; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
the review unit was probably ok, also it wasn't there for the review for months, so the typical flaws just couldn't show up...
16. remixfa (Posts: 14251; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
once they gave it gingerbread all the problems went away. then you had a nearly flawless 100% stock android phone. it was actually quite nice but the time between the bugs and its gingerbread update was big enough that it killed its reputation.
11. JGuinan007 (Posts: 647; Member since: 19 May 2011)
return it and get the Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G, if theyt won't take it back throw it away and get the Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G
12. Zayuh24 (Posts: 149; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
I just got my G2X too. I got it for free, but I will DEFINITELY trade it in for the Blaze
14. WakaFlakaD (Posts: 382; Member since: 30 Apr 2011)
I have a g2x with absolutely zero problem. I will keep this phone until it dies.. or when quad-core comes out. No phones out there really amaze me for now
17. Tux4g63 (Posts: 118; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
My friend has this phone too and he had a few issues with pre Android 2.3 builds, but when his got the update he has been pretty happy ever since. At the time it was one of the best all around phones on the market, and he swears by it still to this day.
15. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Why ? It comes with stock android and it runs just fine ?