RIP: T-Mobile G2x; was T-Mobile's first dual-core phone
0. phoneArena posted on 12 Jan 2012, 19:39
We regretfully and solemnly must inform you, our dear readers, of the passing of the T-Mobile G2x which in its prime was known as the the first dual-core smartphone available for T-Mobile; the handset drew its last breath on January 6th...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. bbonline posted on 12 Jan 2012, 18:12 6
Phonearena, this article has a big error. The first dual-core phone in the United States was the Motorola ATRIX 4G on AT&T. It came out in February vs April for the G2X. Please fix as the whole story seems to be centered around this important fact. Thanks!
5. Carlitos posted on 12 Jan 2012, 19:53 3
I know. I read this earlier and i swear, i was like no? The Atrix was first. But then i didnt comment cause i was afraid people were going to thumbs down, and prove me wrong or something
6. knights4life03 posted on 12 Jan 2012, 20:40 5
bro read before u post they its it was the first dual core phone the carrier itself! phonearena has it rite
9. enjoi45 posted on 12 Jan 2012, 21:26 3
it says first duel core on t-mobile.. was it different before?
10. Jimstar posted on 12 Jan 2012, 22:23 0
it was definitely different before
13. Anti-Fanboy posted on 12 Jan 2012, 23:46 0
They changed it. it said first dual core in the country before
2. lubba posted on 12 Jan 2012, 19:09 1
8.5 for a buggy phone out less than a year in the market. Whatever. Tmo better replace this with the HD8!
3. Rotate posted on 12 Jan 2012, 19:12 0
the review unit was probably ok, also it wasn't there for the review for months, so the typical flaws just couldn't show up...
16. remixfa posted on 13 Jan 2012, 06:52 2
once they gave it gingerbread all the problems went away. then you had a nearly flawless 100% stock android phone. it was actually quite nice but the time between the bugs and its gingerbread update was big enough that it killed its reputation.
11. JGuinan007 posted on 12 Jan 2012, 22:28 2
return it and get the Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G, if theyt won't take it back throw it away and get the Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G
12. Zayuh24 posted on 12 Jan 2012, 22:46 0
I just got my G2X too. I got it for free, but I will DEFINITELY trade it in for the Blaze
14. WakaFlakaD posted on 13 Jan 2012, 00:17 7
I have a g2x with absolutely zero problem. I will keep this phone until it dies.. or when quad-core comes out. No phones out there really amaze me for now
17. Tux4g63 posted on 13 Jan 2012, 07:47 2
My friend has this phone too and he had a few issues with pre Android 2.3 builds, but when his got the update he has been pretty happy ever since. At the time it was one of the best all around phones on the market, and he swears by it still to this day.
15. thelegend6657 posted on 13 Jan 2012, 02:18 1
Why ? It comes with stock android and it runs just fine ?